PDA

View Full Version : Prostar 190 Prop???

Dave2302
07-18-2009, 03:31 PM
Hi Guys,

Have an OJ 13x13 3 blade prop on my Prostar 190 with 1:1 transmission and GM EFI engine running on LPG.
Prop has been fine boat goes well but I dinged the prop on friday only slight but dont have identical spare.

I Have found a brand new prop in my shed which is bronze 3 blade, same rotation and shaft size, came from waterski club but dont know what boat, also it is same diameter as my original prop. But it's only markings are on the hub..."AUSTRAL 13 ELSH".... Does anyone know what this prop is and should it perform okay? Or will I have to just try it, dont really have time to mess around, ski school is busy at the moment lol. :)

Cheers Dave

BGcraft
07-19-2009, 09:28 PM
Dave, Eric @ OJ is your man...will have the definitive prop playbook.

Do a quick search...someone always singing his praises!

Good luck.

bigmac
07-19-2009, 09:37 PM
Dave, Eric @ OJ is your man...will have the definitive prop playbook.

Do a quick search...someone always singing his praises!

Good luck.

Just saw this over on another ski boat forum:

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21929&st=0&p=321648&#entry321648

Edit:...sorry, just noticed that you're in Scotland

munkymush
07-20-2009, 11:31 AM
steel developements in london are great for prop repairs +really quick too, i sent a 4 blade for repair last week .. sent it monday lunch got it back 7.20 am thursday. postage is more than the repair cost though.. still much cheaper than new props..

Dave2302
07-20-2009, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the help guys,
My problem is basically that it's very easy to ding a prop in the loch where we run our ski school. At the moment up until September we are so busy that If I don't have a spare prop I could be losing up to 600 for everyday I can't use the boat while a prop is being rebuilt. The one I found in the shed is so similar I'm gonna give it a try, then I'll know if it's any good as a spare while I get the original repaired. If the one I have is no good I'll have to buy a spare from MC it's just that they are so dear over here !!

Abe
07-20-2009, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the help guys,
My problem is basically that it's very easy to ding a prop in the loch where we run our ski school. At the moment up until September we are so busy that If I don't have a spare prop I could be losing up to 600 for everyday I can't use the boat while a prop is being rebuilt. The one I found in the shed is so similar I'm gonna give it a try, then I'll know if it's any good as a spare while I get the original repaired. If the one I have is no good I'll have to buy a spare from MC it's just that they are so dear over here !!

What Loch are You at. If its that easy to damage your prop, Why not put some Buoys or markers where The danger zone is - And keep well away from it !.

Dave2302
07-20-2009, 08:28 PM
:D:D

Hi,

If I put buoys in there some twit in a hired cruiser will moor up to them lol :D

Also I only dinged it very slightly, (no vibes), reversing out of our jetty with the wind howling on shore and as you know the Mastercraft will only turn in reverse one way, may not happen again but I just dont wanna be stuck without a spare in case!!

I Run the ski school on Loch Oich nr South Laggan with the 190 Prostar, and I ski on Loch Duich nr Dornie at the back of our House mostly wiv me New Beastie Barefoot Boat.

Cheers, Dave

Abe
07-20-2009, 08:45 PM
:D:D

Hi,

If I put buoys in there some twit in a hired cruiser will moor up to them lol :D

Also I only dinged it very slightly, (no vibes), reversing out of our jetty with the wind howling on shore and as you know the Mastercraft will only turn in reverse one way, may not happen again but I just dont wanna be stuck without a spare in case!!

I Run the ski school on Loch Oich nr South Laggan with the 190 Prostar, and I ski on Loch Duich nr Dornie at the back of our House mostly wiv me New Beastie Barefoot Boat.

Cheers, Dave
Hi Dave, Ive got a spare 13x13 prop for a 190 prostar -1990. I,m at Loch Earn most weekends. PM me if You are stuck and I will help out all I can. Cheers Bud.

Dave2302
07-21-2009, 01:50 PM
Abe,

Cheers mate, will pm you if the "spare" I have turns out to be no good for my boat.

Regards Dave