PDA

View Full Version : Always willing to give a pull in Akron, OH.......

jkski
06-01-2005, 12:51 PM
If anyone is ever looking for a pull in the Akron, Ohio area, just let me know. I am always looking for an excuse to put my 2005 PS 197 on the water!

ski_king
06-01-2005, 12:56 PM
Welcome Jeff!
Lets see some pictures of that new boat.

I find myself in Akron a couple of times a year.

jkski
06-01-2005, 01:02 PM
Look me up when you are around and we'll head to the lake.
As soon as I have new pics, I'll post them. For now, it is yellow with a thin black strip followed by a gray strip, with a white hull and deck, and rounded out with a tower.

Footin
06-01-2005, 01:07 PM
Not a bad place to ski.......Berlin, Westbranch and Springfield Lake.

Ben
06-01-2005, 01:11 PM
hmmmmm, almost worth a trip just to be "in the area".....

We were just down there for a wedding near Mohican last weekend, a week too early I guess.

jkski
06-01-2005, 01:16 PM
I spend 99% of my "on water time" at Westbranch. Used to go to Springfield, but the hours are way too restricted and once you get more than one boat out there going around in a circle, well, it just get's too rough.
We hit Westbranch about 5:30am, foot, slalom and pull out by 9am, or go sit back in a cove and relax. It's great as long as the wind isn't coming out of the SSW above 10mph.

Cary K.
06-01-2005, 02:21 PM
I was born there, and still have lots of family in the area, so I know the are quite well. Next time I'm that way I may just have to drop you a line. I rode a tournament at Springfield Lake a few years ago. Also have an Aunt/Uncle there with a 209, but they usually go to Salt Fork.

jkski
06-01-2005, 02:33 PM
Salt Fork can be a great place. Springfield would be perfect, but you can not ski on it until 10am and you have to stop by 7pm.
Look me up anytime you are in the area.

BuoyChaser
10-02-2005, 05:40 PM
my parents and sister are on Lake Milton, Ohio (halfway between Akron/Youngstown) right off I-76...

they just picked up an '05 197 and often are looking for a reliable 3rd, but they don't have a slalom course...Milton has one in the works...

if you're interested, PM me and i'll send you their emails or phone #'s...

they're jonezin' for some course time...sister gets into 34mph and dad does 30mph...

CedarMapple66
10-06-2005, 04:25 PM
hey i live in richfield, ohio just north or akron and would love to grap a pull! i'm down in springfield now at college but i will be back up in a couple of weeks for break! like you i just got some new equipment! i'm rockin on my new Mapple ski long theres no tomorrow;-) but yeah, would love to get in touch when i'm back home (weather permitting) thanx man!

Pageb
10-31-2005, 11:41 AM
Whats up. Its Dart. Hope your enjoying skiing... Oh, i heard you got a new ski and are blaming in for some missed bouys??? Just kidding. I hope everything is going well and that nice yellow boat is pullin strong.

BuoyChaser
10-31-2005, 11:47 AM
JKSKI - did you place the order for the new '06???did you get your '05 sold yet???

jkski
10-31-2005, 01:55 PM
JKSKI - did you place the order for the new '06???did you get your '05 sold yet???

The 05 has not yet been sold, but then again, I'm still using it. Most likely it will sell around January/February (boat show time), then the 06 will be ordered. Gotta admit though, I kinda like the 05, so I wouldn't be crushed if it stuck around an extra year, but hey whatever.
Also, we have considered changing colors (it's always been Yellow, White, Gray and Black), may go to Turnbouy Orange!

I'll keep you posted.

jkski
10-31-2005, 01:59 PM
Whats up. Its Dart. Hope your enjoying skiing... Oh, i heard you got a new ski and are blaming in for some missed bouys??? Just kidding. I hope everything is going well and that nice yellow boat is pullin strong.

And a small voice speaks from the darkness.
Can't blame anything but operator error for my recent "issues". Take a couple of hard falls, break a few bones in your foot, and all of a sudden you become a little gun shy. Time to just take the "jewels" out of the purse and start pulling hard again.
I figure if I go to a different ski, I can leave the demons behind with the old one.........somehow it hasn't managed to work YET.

Good to see you are still alive.

BuoyChaser
10-31-2005, 02:12 PM
Also, we have considered changing colors (it's always been Yellow, White, Gray and Black), may go to Turnbouy Orange!

such a sharp color, TURNBUOY ORANGE!!!jealous you're still skiin', our water is SO COLD here in New England...

my dad/sister through in the towel too...

jkski
10-31-2005, 02:20 PM
We were out yesterday and the water temp was around 50 with an air temp of 60. The first couple of runs were a little cool, but then you adjust and it's actually pretty comfortable. The second set was really comfortable, by then we were adjusted to the temp.
Our plan is to ski on Thanksgiving Day and then winterize. There is always the possibility of getting out beyond that, so the option is always there..... they are easy enough to winterize.

Pageb
10-31-2005, 04:01 PM
DAMN... I didnt hear about the busted bones... I dont blame you. Ill be around for the week of Thanksgiving if your willing to give a pull to a wakeboarder. So what are you skiing on now that you left the demons behind?