PDA

View Full Version : 360

mlay
07-16-2009, 10:23 PM
Ok, I see it so I know it can be done but has anyone on here actually done this? Any tips? Seems if its not done right you may have a submarine on your hands. Also we pull with a '82 SS, PCM 351, powerslot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjsbI14xyWA&NR=1

mlay
07-16-2009, 10:25 PM
Ok, dumb question,"has anyone on here actually done this", I am sure someone on here has done this. Just looking for input. I know we have many fine skier's who probably do this without a second thought. Guess you better trust your driver.

Kevin@MWMC
07-17-2009, 02:36 AM
Yes my brother and I have actually done that!

My brother actually did it on a wakeboard instead of a ski. Not sure if that makes a difference to you..................

We did it with an X-2, so first thing to do is make sure to empty out all the extra weight in your boat, ballast, gear, anything. Make sure the driver is the only one in the boat, less weight.

Here is how I would detail it for you from a driver's standpoint:

1. Get up to speed, Around 30 mph.
2. Crank a hard left turn
3. Just when you see/feel the skier getting the "whip" from the turn, kill the throttle
4. Right at you kill the throttle, start turning the wheel back to the right
5. Right when the skier is just about to cross directly in front of you, gun it!
6. They are heading to the left, and your turning right so you shouldn't even come close to them
7. Pull out of the turn and it should work perfect, just watch the slack in the rope too. The skier has to keep cutting pretty hard to make sure the line stays tight the whole time.

It takes a while to get everything timed out, but it can be done and is fun to do every once in a while.

Hope that was what you were looking for!

flipper
07-17-2009, 09:59 AM
Search around, there was a couple other threads on this some where. Yes it can be done, yes you need an experienced driver

shepherd
07-17-2009, 11:22 AM
We tried that once a long time ago when we were drunk. but the river was too narrow, skier wasn't an expert, and he wound up in the weeds on the river bank. :rolleyes:

Things just seem like more fun when you're drunk. :D

jraben8
07-17-2009, 11:26 AM
We did this in ski shows all the time. I got to be on the shortest line in a 5 around, now that is fun!!!

(just don't fall...)

chudson
07-17-2009, 12:54 PM
Never done it but have thought about it. If your a good skier (balance wise) I'd try on combos or tricks first to keep you on top the water longer and not sink in as fast. And it looks like in the video the passenger is helping the rope across the wind shield during the turn, a real good idea!!! :twocents: Goodluck!!!

atlfootr
07-18-2009, 10:29 PM
Saw a barefooter do it once around the boat, and as filpper said "an experienced driver is key"

whitedog
07-19-2009, 04:50 PM
Here's what it looks like. :D Sorry bout the breed of boat :o. And yes I still do this. Driver skill is more important than skier skill until you get to the shorter line lengths.

Cloaked
07-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Saw a barefooter do it once around the boat, and as filpper said "an experienced driver is key"Pics. I don't believe it. Speeds drop off way to slow for a footer to stay afoot.

Willski
07-19-2009, 07:21 PM
Never done it but it doesn't really seem like it would be that tough. I would watch the windshield though!! I'm thinking a few of those have been damaged doing this trick!

silverblueBP
07-19-2009, 08:04 PM
Pics. I don't believe it. Speeds drop off way to slow for a footer to stay afoot.

I would imagine when the speed got to slow he rode on his tail in the 3 pt till the speed came back up.

Ubugme2
07-19-2009, 10:37 PM
I have seen it done on wake boards at sea world with two guys being towed.

atlfootr
07-19-2009, 10:50 PM
Thank you silverblueBP, I believe that's what he may of had to of done to stay moving.
It's been awhile ago but I'll do my best Cloaked to find something to show you, if I can.

atlfootr
07-19-2009, 11:17 PM
Found it ! ... here you go Cloaked.

#1 The All Cool Brodeo
(Brody Benoist performs the perfect barefooting 360 around the boat!)

http://www.thefootersedge.com/equipment/videoclip.html

atlfootr
07-20-2009, 11:01 AM
Has anyone watched this barefootin around boat video?
You need "Real Player Media" to view it.
Don't have it .. just wondering :rolleyes:

silverblueBP
07-20-2009, 01:01 PM
Has anyone watched this barefootin around boat video?
You need "Real Player Media" to view it.
Don't have it .. just wondering :rolleyes:

I've tried, but keep getting that it's corrupt and will not load. I'm running the latest real player too.