PDA

View Full Version : Draining Fuel Tank

cbrrider012
07-16-2009, 05:19 PM
I have a 1980something Mastercraft Prostar I believe. When my uncle drops the paperwork off I will know exactly what it is. But it has bad fuel in it causing the motor to run terribly. Is there a way to drain the fuel tank on the boat? Or do I have to just run it out. If i remember correctly its like half a tank or so and we let the boat sit for a few years and the gas turned bad but we had it running last year and it ran well just sputtered a bit and when we siphoned some gas out and put it in our 4 wheeler it did not run at all so we are betting the bad gas is causing the sputtering of the engine. SO if someone knows how to drain the gas out if it is even possible that would be great. thanks

flipper
07-16-2009, 05:28 PM
Just syphon all you can out, pull the tank out and pour the rest out, and clean the tank really well. I'd change the fuel filter, and blow out the fuel lines while you're at it.

cbrrider012
07-16-2009, 05:36 PM
yea is there any sort of step by step to pulling the tank out? i havent done anything like this on the boat yet i just cleaned the carbs and plugs and all out and next step is the fuel system