PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Prop Guard Solution

nitro5238
07-16-2009, 02:24 AM
After numerous battles between my prop guard and my driveway I have come up with a cheap solution to pass along for all you guys with older trailers. Picked up the casters at Nothern Tool and they have worked flawlessly so far. The amount of wheels might seem overboard but they were less that 5 bucks each so might as well. Hard to tell from that angle of the picture but there is still plenty of room between the wheels and the pavement.

#47of100TeamMC
07-16-2009, 11:08 AM
At first glance you wouldn't think the caster's would hold up to the driveway strike... But glad they are working! Are the caster wheels plastic?

Ski-me
07-16-2009, 11:16 AM
I would guess the little wheels are doing most of the work (load) and the casters are there to assist.

What load capacity are those wheels?!?

nitro5238
07-16-2009, 11:37 AM
The small wheels are made of hard rubber rated at 150 pounds each. That is why I put so many of them. The big casters are on there because I have a strange shaped driveway that is narrow and it is curved upwards at both sides. No matter what I tried I was either hitting on the bottom, or if I got creative I would hit on the sides. Now I can drive with reckless abandon....The casters are rated at 250...no big deal if they do break eventually because they are so cheap to replace anyway.

JohnE
07-16-2009, 01:09 PM
Seems like an effective solution. I don't know how long they'll last, but what the heck not a lot invested.