PDA

View Full Version : Monster Tower install on '89 Maristar 240

johno
06-01-2005, 09:55 AM
I am new to this site, so not sure if doing this right...but I have a 1989 Maristar 240 and looking to install a Monster Tower. They say the max beam is 102" Has anyone ever installed a tower on this boat and if so what kind, any advice, photos etc? If choosing a Mostertower, would you get the silver, white or black? Does anyone know the spec of the beam on this boat? I have asked MC and am waiting for answer.
Thanks
-john

JDK
06-01-2005, 01:20 PM
Dude, get out your tape measure. Beam = max. width between the side rub rails ;)
Monster Towers spec. of 102" = 8 1/2 ft. which is the max. legal trailerable width in most places. Your 240 is legal on the highway so I'm pretty sure the tower will fit.

River Rat
06-01-2005, 01:53 PM
Just installed my monster and I am really pleased with it. :D I mounted mine on the side of the boat due to my windshield stretching back to far. (Didnít like the look that far back) The first time I put it in the water I found a small problem with the install. The tower mounting brackets hang on the boat guide. :o Not a big problem but I have to be aware of it going on and off the trailer. Other than that I love my tower, I love my tower, I love my tower. No more pole in the way, boards not on the floor, and I love my mirror up high. This was the best thing I ever bought for my boat.

River Rat
06-01-2005, 01:53 PM
and another :D

River Rat
06-01-2005, 01:55 PM
one more. :D :D