PDA

View Full Version : surfboard vs wake surfboard?

wakezone99
07-15-2009, 10:23 PM
i have been surfing behind my boat for 5 or 6 years with an old surf boad is seem perfect it is 5 10 and thick and fat but have defntly met my limit on what can be done and am looking to get a wakesurf board but never rode one im 28 and weigh about 200+/- what kind of board should i try to get i am looking to spin and air i am a pretty good wakeboarder and surfer? also are they as easy to surf as a surfboard i hate holding onto the rope ? as bouynt? i just have a hard time beleaving they are bouyant enough to surf when most are 3/4 in thick and 5ft when i am on a 5 10 2 1/2 thick beast now i have a great wake use 8 peeps aleast and two king size water beds (i know im cheap looking into getting the real thing just have been threw a few already and at $30 for a waterbed blatter is more enomical

thanks
mike

KnoxX2
07-15-2009, 11:04 PM
Look at the Inland surfer sweet spot!!! Great board from what I hear! It is made just like a surf board! Also look at getting the Fly-High Pro X bags I think Buywake has them at 150 each and that will give you750lbs per bag!!!

H20BOY
07-16-2009, 09:58 AM
Check out the Ronix Koal. I am your size and love it. It is designed more like a real surfboard.

Cary K.
07-16-2009, 11:11 AM
This is not a knock at H2OBOY at all, but why by a board from a wakeboard mfg that is "more like a real surfboard". Look into wakesurf specific companies that focus on this type of product. These are the companies that give riders what they want/need, not just another product to put in the proshop. Lots of great wakesurf companies out there, and the methods and materials are usually leaps above what the wake companies are pushing. And so many different choices and configurations, you can definitely get exactly what you want. That is not to say that the wake company boards are bad, but you can tell a huge difference, from MY experience.

I recommend looking into the Inland Surfer line, they have surf shapes (slashing, airs, etc) and skim shapes (spins, airs, shuvs, bigspins, etc...) and some in between. The skim shapes are the thin boards you referred to, but the surf shapes are thicker. My IS Black Pearl Yellow (skim) will float 200lbs EASILY, so don't let the thickness of the boards sway your decision, figure out what kind of riding you want to do and go from there.

Wakeoutlaws.com is a great wakesurf resource with tons of helpful info. I highly recommended checking it out for research into your next board.

wakezone99
07-19-2009, 02:45 AM
okn i tried two boards this weekend a ronix caption 4.8 and a hyperlite coex 4.4 again i weigh 200 i am a good surfer behind the boat a a good wakeboarder while both of these boards did float me a ehough to get up and into the wave a bit they are to small for sure for a rider of my wiight i can usally ride unattached for 20 min without fall on a 5 10 board these were not enough for 2 min i guess i need to try a inland or just somthin bigger but by the way i might have a day old caption for sale dependign on what the boardshop says anyone that withs abotu 160 and under iit is a nice board a little loose though for my liking