PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know a good mechanic in Atlanta area?

chippyhawkeye
07-15-2009, 11:08 AM
1999 Sammy Duval 205
Mercruiser 350 Mag MPI Tournament Ski Edition

I have an intermittent problem where my engine will run extremely rough, won't hold idle, backfires into the intake making horrible noises. If I put it in neutral and massage the gas to keep it from dying out, it quits within a minute or two and everything is good again. If it dies out, I have to let it sit for 15 minutes or more before it will restart. It has done it every few times I take the boat out for years, aside from this it runs perfect. The little red check engine light flashes the whole time is acting up also.

I have described this to everybody that has ever worked on the boat, but nobody has figured it out. The Mastercraft dealer charged me a small fortune to fix a fuel leak that they said was the culprit, it didn't fix it...

I would appreciate advice on what it might be or a recommendation on a qualified technician that I could take it to. My wife doesn't trust the boat and will only use it when I am around...

thanks,
Chip

TMCNo1
07-15-2009, 02:23 PM
1999 Sammy Duval 205
Mercruiser 350 Mag MPI Tournament Ski Edition

I have an intermittent problem where my engine will run extremely rough, won't hold idle, backfires into the intake making horrible noises. If I put it in neutral and massage the gas to keep it from dying out, it quits within a minute or two and everything is good again. If it dies out, I have to let it sit for 15 minutes or more before it will restart. It has done it every few times I take the boat out for years, aside from this it runs perfect. The little red check engine light flashes the whole time is acting up also.

I have described this to everybody that has ever worked on the boat, but nobody has figured it out. The Mastercraft dealer charged me a small fortune to fix a fuel leak that they said was the culprit, it didn't fix it...

I would appreciate advice on what it might be or a recommendation on a qualified technician that I could take it to. My wife doesn't trust the boat and will only use it when I am around...

thanks,
Chip

Although JOA Marine in Marietta is no longer a MC dealer and has moved to Lake Lanier Boating Center, Holiday Road, Buford, GA, 1-770-945-0530. They have one of the best MC/boat mechanics in the SE by the name of Jimmy Jenkins working for them. Call them and see if they can help and if you do have them do the work, tell them Harold said hello.