PDA

View Full Version : rear seat 205

thomas1353
07-15-2009, 07:39 AM
i just bought a 1997 model 205. when i sit on the rear seat it slips out of the slot on the sides of the boat and goes to the floor. am i missing something, i did notice two rubber straps and the hooks under the seat and on the side of the boat. this can't be what holds it in place!!!!!

Ski-me
07-15-2009, 10:43 AM
There should be two blocks on the bottom of the pad to keep it from moving out. Here is a picture on my 94 205.....not the best though. You are looking at the rear seat pad that is leaning up against the motor box.

east tx skier
07-15-2009, 11:06 AM
If he has a 97, he has a different back seat than you do on your 94. No center blocks, but rather, out side hooks. I've seen a 98 205 rear seat slip a little, but never all the way out. Do you have the rubber "figure 8" looking straps? They are used to hold the seat in place when it's in the sundeck position. Might work when it's in the seat position.

jixxxer
07-15-2009, 11:32 AM
If he has a 97, he has a different back seat than you do on your 94. No center blocks, but rather, out side hooks. I've seen a 98 205 rear seat slip a little, but never all the way out. Do you have the rubber "figure 8" looking straps? They are used to hold the seat in place when it's in the sundeck position. Might work when it's in the seat position.

figure 8 looking straps???? This could be why my seat while in the sundeck position keeps fallling to the floor when someon sits on it??????

beef
07-15-2009, 11:34 AM
On my 98, the original seat broke in the middle. It sits in the slots on the sides and it was unsupported across the entire beam of the boat. Since it failed within the first season, the dealer replaced it. The replacement seat has a fold-down bar in the middle to act as a center support. I think that it's just too long of a span to have no support at all. Maybe yours is just sagging to the point of slipping out of the slots.

east tx skier
07-15-2009, 11:34 AM
Yes, there are two thick rubber "8" straps. One loop goes over the seat hook/bracket. The other end goes over that little hook on the plastic seat base (part your seat slides over).

jixxxer
07-15-2009, 11:54 AM
Beef, thats exactly what is happening to mine. Can u explain or have a pic of how your support bar is mounted/looks like/made of???
Thanks.

beef
07-15-2009, 01:29 PM
I'll snap a few pics as soon as I get a chance & post em up.

captain planet
07-15-2009, 02:53 PM
I'll snap a few pics as soon as I get a chance & post em up.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

mrprostar
07-15-2009, 03:16 PM
My 96 has a frame underneath it that makes little compartments perfect for a rope. It rests on that mostly but has clips on the side that is slides into. Is a 97 more like a 96 or a 98?

beef
07-16-2009, 02:02 PM
Bottom of 98 PS205 rear seat replacement, showing the fold-down bracket near the front edge.

beef
07-16-2009, 02:04 PM
Closer view folder up

beef
07-16-2009, 02:05 PM
View folded down for support.

captain planet
07-16-2009, 02:09 PM
Where did you get that? It obviously only works in the seat position and not the sundeck position. I would like to get something that also works in the sundeck position.

dmminfla
07-16-2009, 02:16 PM
On my 97 PS 205 the seat never falls out but it does sag in the middle if someone steps on it. I that brace available?

beef
07-16-2009, 02:38 PM
Where did you get that? It obviously only works in the seat position and not the sundeck position. I would like to get something that also works in the sundeck position.
It came already attached to my replacement seat waaay back in '99. You're correct - it only works in the seat position. But, at least in the sundeck position there's some support across the back of the seat. In the 98, there is no support at all in the seat position except for the very ends.

On my 97 PS 205 the seat never falls out but it does sag in the middle if someone steps on it. I that brace available?
I'm sure something similar is out there. The trick will be to get the correct height. Since mine came w/the seat I didn't buy it separately.

Ric
01-19-2011, 12:17 AM
I recently bought a 96 205 that the rear seat looks like the same design as yours. This one has been re-covered nicely but the aluminum honeycomb baseplate is mangled on each end and drops out of it's position if not supported with some wood blocks or something in addition to the fold-down bracket.
(I'd hate to spoil yall with pics)
I'm thinking of finding some more of that honeycomb and bracing it with a couple of square tube sections the width of the seat :confused:

anybody know where we can buy that honeycomb aluminum material? I'm thinking starboard or something like it will be too heavy ?

View folded down for support.