PDA

View Full Version : How many skiers have you towed at once?

Upper Michigan Prostar190
06-01-2005, 10:08 AM
How many skiers have you towed at one time with your MC?? :confused: I was wondering how many full size adult skiers I can tow (all starting in deep water together) at one time with my 91 prostar 351 with a powerslot?? What can the boat and pylon handle? This may be a dumb question, but I am just curious. I am going to try to get a bunch of friends together this summer and ski as many as we can behind the boat for fun. I am curious as to what your expereiences are towing mulitiple skiers??

Thanks in advance for the input!! :D

Dan K
06-01-2005, 10:34 AM
I tried this last year, 81 powerslot 351
We first attempted and succeeded with 6, this pretty much stopped the traffic on our lake to watch (also Northern MI), others asked to join in but we were limited on ropes of equal length to 10 and again only six made it up fully.

It takes a lot of logistics to get everything setup properly since you do not want people on shorter lines falling into people behind them. We also had a couple of people on the boat pulling the loose lines from fallen skiers back into the boat and a couple of jet ski's (only use I ever had for one) to check on downed skiers.

We also found it easiest to on the boat and skiers to have everyone start on two skis and drop one. This kept people from moving to one side or the other during the start and knocking others down.

My kids were pretty proud to be part of the show and made some new friends on the lake in process.

Here is a link to one of our attempts that ended up on the TMC Calander, see August.
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=1932&highlight=calander

We had a great time, I hope it goes well for you, let us know how it turns out.

Andyg
06-01-2005, 11:33 AM
We did a 5 man barefoot line behind my previous boat, 97 Prostar 190 with LT-1 and powerslot. The average weight of the guys was about 190. We all did deep starts on two skies dropped one and then the other.

With my 2003 197 MCX and 1:1 I have pulled 6 jump skiers at once average weight of about 190. That is pretty easy since jump skies have so much surface area. I have only pulled 3 barefooters at once behind this boat. The average weight of the 3 was about 215. We all did deep starts on slalom skies to step off of.

ski_king
06-01-2005, 11:43 AM
I have never tried more than 3 slalom skiers at once behind my boat, but it pulled everybody up with ease then accelerated up to barefoot speed. We tried to do 3 barefoot deepwaters at once but we ended up in one big tangled mess in the middle.

I was part of 8 different disiplines behind the same boat (93 Maristar 225) at the same time once.
Wakeboard
Kneeboard
Air Chair
Pair of skis
Slalom Ski
Trick skis
Tube :confused:

tex
06-01-2005, 11:46 AM
I have never tried more than 3 slalom skiers at once behind my boat, but it pulled everybody up with ease then accelerated up to barefoot speed. We tried to do 3 barefoot deepwaters at once but we ended up in one big tangled mess in the middle.

I was part of 8 different disiplines behind the same boat (93 Maristar 225) at the same time once.
Wakeboard
Kneeboard
Air Chair
Pair of skis
Slalom Ski
Trick skis
Tube :confused:
Did you get pitched of the tube?
Sorry, it was there!

Prostar19
06-01-2005, 11:49 AM
I pulled 4 footers deep water start with a 1996 Prostar 190 LT1 with a slot. 3 of us were around 250 and the fourth guy around 180. What a great boat.

OhioProstar
06-01-2005, 11:50 AM
I had 5 slalom skiers behind my 350TBI w/o powerslot. No problems. When I did show skiing we would run 10 people off a dock behind a '78 SN w/ a 351commando. For that many skiiers we would loop the 10 lines through a 25 foot extension so everyone had enough room. The biggest problem is managing all the lines after someone falls.

ski_king
06-01-2005, 11:53 AM
Did you get pitched of the tube?
Sorry, it was there!
Opps, that is only 7.
Had a couple of little kids in the tube to make them feel a part of it.

I got stuck on the trick skis. I was the first to fall.....

Ski-A-Rees
06-01-2005, 12:00 PM
I think the most I have have ever pulled deep water start was 10! It helps having a 454. I can't remember if it was a ballet line or an around the boat line.

Jorski
06-01-2005, 03:19 PM
With my boat it is strictly one at a time....but now that my youngest will be learning this summer, I would let the kids go together.

jkski
06-01-2005, 03:25 PM
Pulled 7 on a combo of ski's, wakeboards, and trick ski's, then 2 people in a tube for a total of 9 (I know the tube shouldn't count, but you should have seen the smile on the kid's face as he was riding with his mother alongside his dad skiing).
They were all pulled behind my 2002 Prostar 197 w/310hp, standard trans., and factory prop. Managing the ropes was the worst part, but we pulled from a combo of pylon and tower.

parks_jr_55
06-01-2005, 07:22 PM
I'm not sure as the exact numbers but the Min-Aqua bats in Norther Wisconsin do a heck of a stunt. They have 2 Nautiques get up I think 8 skiiers each starting from shallow water. The 16 skiiers then drop and are all barefooting. Quite impressive. They all go from the pylon.

They also get 14 skiiers from one boat (some are off the monkey tower i think though) and they then all jump which the jump is not even big enough for all 14 skiiers. Its quite impressive seeing them squeeze together and some going off of 1 ski at the same time----and all landing it. Good show if you ever get a chance to see it.

AirJunky
06-01-2005, 07:45 PM
We got 9 foil riders up behind a 99 X-Star a few years ago. Seems like the engine was the LT1. We had ropes tied off at the tower, pylon, and both lifting rings. The boat didn't even miss a beat & pulled it easily.

MarkP
06-01-2005, 09:18 PM
I got two...:o

Tom Wortham
06-02-2005, 11:36 AM
That's AWESOME! 3 guys over 250. :eek:

Diesel
06-02-2005, 02:48 PM
We had three footers up behind my 205 with LT1. Guy in the middle was back deep 170lbs, guy on the left was front deep, about 275lbs, and I was on the right, front deep 150lbs.

Boat pulled hard and fast 42mph. You had to cheek hard and fast to get out of the way of the guy in the middle. Did it many times.

I've also had 4 tubes behind the same boat............. :D good times......

MooseMan
06-02-2005, 09:29 PM
I've had 4 footers with an average weight of about 170 behind my '84 Powerslot (~35 mph).

Also had a 28' Kayot pontoon boat at about 22 mph towing it to the marina for service. Fastest its ever gone!

6ballsisall
06-02-2005, 10:00 PM
Nothing yet but thinking the 86' will probably get used to tow some of the acts in the ski show this year. The pyramid is 10 people, that'll be pretty cool.

MasterCrafting
06-03-2005, 12:09 AM
we did 6 deepwater slalom avg wieght was about 130. 92 ps 190 351...we ran out of people, i think we could have done 7 or 8 but after that we'd have to go to two skis. We've also done 2 footers, unfortunatley my friends cant all foot yet, this summer we're shooting for 4 though.

tex
06-03-2005, 10:20 AM
Besides big pyrimids, 7 guys doing step-offs behind an outboard Mastercraft.

VTJC
06-03-2005, 10:59 AM
Years ago I pulled 10 skiers behind my 88 Prostar w/351 & Powerslot. We had twelve people trying to get up but only got ten up, mostly because of inexperience. Experienced skiers had one slalom ski and something else(trick ski) on the other foot, less experienced skiers were on doubles. Maybe we will try for more behind the SportStar this summer. Jamie

Ski-A-Rees
06-03-2005, 11:01 AM
I didn't even think of pyrimids! I know my boat has pulled double top four tiers. I couldn't even tell you what we have tried.

whitedog
06-03-2005, 12:45 PM
I didn't even think of pyrimids! I know my boat has pulled double top four tiers. I couldn't even tell you what we have tried.

A double top 4 tier would be a minimum of17 people off the dock. Possable with and inboard? Did they use a two boat pull?

Turning with that much weight behind an inboard would be intresting to say the least. Post a picture of that if you have one.

Ski-A-Rees
06-03-2005, 01:04 PM
You have to remember that some of the second tier people drop skis which cuts down on the number or people you have to have. But by far, pulling that off the dock proves easier than doing a 10 man around the boat and pulling that many people out of the hole after the wash out. I'll look for a picture. That boat was the only boat the club had to pull big acts until we got the triple rig. You also have to remember that the boat had a super charger with a blower and produced somewhere over 600HP. I get different stories from club members all the time about the boat and what it did back in the day but I wasn't a member of the club at the time.
Most everything now is pulled by hydrodynes since mine doesn't have all the extras anymore.

Rockman
06-03-2005, 02:58 PM
We had 10 footers off 2 booms on ours each of the last couple years.

I honestly can say we've never tried to see how many we could do long line :rolleyes: . I guess that will have to be addressed this weekend.

I will admit that we had 8 tubers off the pylon...which was fun to see them all bouncing around at 50mph :D