PDA

View Full Version : I put a cheap cover on and now have stains, help.

georgea0731
07-14-2009, 06:08 PM
ok, I know use my MC cover and this wouldn't happen. But with the bimini stored (lying on the Engine cover) on the boat, the MC cover doesn't completely fit any more. So I went with an aftermarket cover. Now I have bigger problems. I used a boat vinyl and seat cleaner but it just made the seats slick.
Thanks in advance,

justinlkgb
07-14-2009, 06:25 PM
Maybe magic eraser, but be careful you don't use too much force! Nice and gentle.

Footin
07-14-2009, 07:05 PM
I think some time in the sun will fade them out.

flipper
07-14-2009, 07:13 PM
I think some time in the sun will fade them out.

X2 I worry that you may do more damage trying to get the stain out. Some sun and a little time you probably won't see it any more.

Yellow X9
07-14-2009, 07:24 PM
Try some simple Green and a soft bristol srcub brush, I use this combo and pulls dirt right out out the seems easily. May work for this- After using this, b sure to apply a conditioner back on the seats

Worth a try

JohnE
07-14-2009, 09:29 PM
Another vote for the sun wiping them out.

TN_Maristar
07-21-2009, 07:21 PM
The exact same thing happened to me but it was caused from a life jacket. I put my monster tower down to put the boat in the garage and was using the life jacket as a cushion. I've tried everything I could throw at it and nothing has worked. It's almost like the plastic pulled off the jacket and adhered to the vinyl.

sand2snow22
07-21-2009, 08:40 PM
+1 for magic erasers with water. It should work. The sun might work. If you really want to get ride of it, use acetone diluted with water as a last, last, last resort. You have to be extremely careful because acetone will melt your vinyl. Just use it enough to get rid of the stains, then stop. Good luck.