PDA

View Full Version : 1) Gas Spillage 2) Short in Stereo 3a) 50 amp Breaker location 3b) fuel pump fuse

stu
07-14-2009, 01:56 AM
I've got three separate questions about my '05 X2. I hope it's ok to ask all three at once.

1) I wonder why the gas always overflows and spills out on the ground when I fill my gas tank: the gas pump automatic shutoff never stops soon enough to prevent this ample spillage, no matter what gas station I pull up to. Is there some little part missing near the gas tank opening?

2) There seems to be a short in the Clarion stereo system. On the last two trips, I was not able to listen to CDs. The radio comes on no matter if it's on CD, AUX, etc and I can't change the radio station, and the radio signal jumps around to different speakers when I move between the the different inputs. High humidity here in Nashville the cause? On the last trip, the Cd player worked fine at first the the problem came again. Solution?

3) My owner's manual says that there is a red-button 50 amp circuit breaker "in the engine." (a) Where? From the manual, page 6-3, "If the engine will not turn over with the battery switch in the ON position, locate the red breaker re-set button (la-beled “50”) in the engine. Firmly push the red button until the breaker re-sets. There will be an audible click...the engines are also equipped with...a 15A ATO fuse for the fuel pump." (b) Where is this fuse for the fuel pump?

Thank you. What a great resource.

BriEOD
07-14-2009, 07:16 AM
I've got three separate questions about my '05 X2. I hope it's ok to ask all three at once.

1) I wonder why the gas always overflows and spills out on the ground when I fill my gas tank: the gas pump automatic shutoff never stops soon enough to prevent this ample spillage, no matter what gas station I pull up to. Is there some little part missing near the gas tank opening?

2) There seems to be a short in the Clarion stereo system. On the last two trips, I was not able to listen to CDs. The radio comes on no matter if it's on CD, AUX, etc and I can't change the radio station, and the radio signal jumps around to different speakers when I move between the the different inputs. High humidity here in Nashville the cause? On the last trip, the Cd player worked fine at first the the problem came again. Solution?

1. This has been a recurring issue. Best advice is to know how much fuel you need and cut it off yourself. Not much you can do to mitigate this if you depend on the automatic shutoff.

2. Run a search on the site. IIRC, this issue has been reported before. My answer would be to get rid of it and put in a good Pioneer deck. Clarion isn't exactly the pinnacle of audio equipment.

AFX-30
07-14-2009, 08:33 AM
The red breaker shopuld be located right around your ECM. The fuses should be located around the same place.

JimN
07-14-2009, 08:34 AM

3) My owner's manual says that there is a red-button 50 amp circuit breaker "in the engine." (a) Where? From the manual, page 6-3, "If the engine will not turn over with the battery switch in the ON position, locate the red breaker re-set button (la-beled “50”) in the engine. Firmly push the red button until the breaker re-sets. There will be an audible click...the engines are also equipped with...a 15A ATO fuse for the fuel pump." (b) Where is this fuse for the fuel pump?

Thank you. What a great resource.

1) Don't fill it at the highest rate when it's close to full and watch the gauge.

2) The manual should probably read "on the engine", not in. It's usually at the rear, near the starter. The fuses for the ECM, injection system and fuel pump should be near the ECM.

3) Are you sure someone doesn't have a wireless remote for another Clarion model and is just messing with you? It's possible that insects may have gotten inside, too. Make sure hte rear of the head unit is supported with a metal strap, the plug for the harness is tightly inserted, the ground is good and you don't have bad grounding on the amp(s). If the amps' grounding is bad, the audio cables and turn on lead will be where the difference is made up- that will cause all kinds of weird issues.

I installed the Clarion head unit in my truck 8 years ago and it hasn't been touched since.

stu
07-14-2009, 11:50 AM
Thank you for the response everyone. I took out the side panels and searched the engine compartment and still can't find the breaker and fuses back there on my RPT-1. I don't know what or where the ECM is :confused:

JimN
07-14-2009, 12:13 PM
Thank you for the response everyone. I took out the side panels and searched the engine compartment and still can't find the breaker and fuses back there on my RPT-1. I don't know what or where the ECM is :confused:

ECM iks Electronic Control Module. It's black, square, has two harnesses plugged into it and should be at the rear of the motor.

P-hat_in_Cincy
07-14-2009, 01:06 PM
On my '04 205V with RTP...IIRC the breaker in the engine bay should be on the right side (which is port side of boat) of the first picture by the panel that has "INDMAR" on it. The general breaker panel is under the dash. You can just see it in the upper left corner of the second picture, but I don't think it contains the fuel pump breaker.

Please correct any information that is not accurate.

stu
07-14-2009, 03:10 PM
:confused::) thanks

JimN
07-14-2009, 03:14 PM
Top photo- the black piece with the ribs and two bundles plugged into it is the ECM. The relays are to the left of it and if you look in that area, the fuses will be close by. Look behind the plastic panel with "Ultra Low Emissions" on it. They always put the breaker close to where the boat harness connects to the engine (the boat harness is the big, round plug on the right in P-hat's photo).

stu
07-14-2009, 04:09 PM
Thanks so much JimN. This must be the 50A breaker, but it's not red, doesn't look like a button, and I can't see "50" on it. Anyway, I didn't see it before cause the splash plate I unscrewed was covering this area. You've been a great help. I'm gonna try to replace my fuel pump myself, so I may be back for other questions, but I know boofer and others have addressed this issue extensively.

But anyway thank you very much for you kind help.:)