PDA

View Full Version : What did you do over the Memorial Day weekend?

H2OGirl
06-01-2005, 08:36 AM
We had great weather up here in WI, was in the mid 70's and no rain. Spent most of the weekend on the water. Sat morning the boys took an early boarding run...too cold for me still. Sun we spent most of the day cruising the Mississippi. We pulled on to a sand bar and there were two 35th Anniv stars and stripes sitting there, sharp looking boats. Did a little boarding on the Black River. Monday we went to Neosho Pond and met with a friend of mine and I tried to slalom ski for the first time, I made it up...yeah. Made a few passes through a course, didn't even make an attempt to make it around any of the balls. Met lots of skiers that day. Tried to barefoot off the boom, failed miseralbly on that, even have a few bruises to prove I tried, then had to fill the fat sacks for a little boarding. All weekend we never put our boat in the water, we have great friends!!

I know the weekend was over but we had perfect weather yesterday so we had to hit up the lake one more time...water temp is up to 75ish.

BrianM
06-01-2005, 08:54 AM
Had a great morning of skiing on Saturday. Poured down rain Sunday and Monday so overall this weekend was a huge bust! :mad:

tex
06-01-2005, 08:59 AM
We went to Granbury early Saturday morning and stayed till Monday. Off and on rain the whole time. We did alot of porch sitting, drinking beer, and watching the rain. Still managed to get my sets in and teach 4-5 people how to wakeboard.

jsonova99
06-01-2005, 09:04 AM
Got to the ramp all ready to go, backed down to the water and my starter relay crapped out on me. Never even got the boat off of the trailer. :rant: Cheap part to replace, but still enough to ruin the holiday weekend. :mad:

ski_king
06-01-2005, 09:04 AM
Spent Sat. getting the boat ready. Then hit the water on Sunday. The weather wasn't perfect. Air was 68 and water was 66, and it was chopped up with wind, but since it was first time out, it was great! :o

Upper Michigan Prostar190
06-01-2005, 09:11 AM
well......I skied six times! :dance: :D sunday morning I had very calm water, it was a great ski. :woohoo:

...oh yea, and I saw Dennis Deyoung in concert too, AWESOME SHOW!. :D

H2OGirl
06-01-2005, 09:35 AM
Got to the ramp all ready to go, backed down to the water and my starter relay crapped out on me. Never even got the boat off of the trailer. :rant: Cheap part to replace, but still enough to ruin the holiday weekend. :mad:
That sucks, long weekend and no boat. Where are the friends?

bcampbe7
06-01-2005, 09:39 AM
I worked till 2:30am Sat morning. Got up went shopping because it was suppose to rain and then be nice on Sunday. Got home and it hadn't rained a drop and was sunny! Went out for a couple hours, weather was beautiful. Got up Sunday and expected a nice sunny day. Rained most of the day and was a bit chilly. :( Had to go back to work Monday afternoon. :mad:
I have often thought about changing careers and becoming a weatherman. In no other field could you be so wrong so often and still be right. :confused:

jsonova99
06-01-2005, 09:44 AM
That sucks, long weekend and no boat. Where are the friends?

up my a$$ because my boat was keeping them off of the water!!

bcampbe7
06-01-2005, 09:46 AM
up my a$$ because my boat was keeping them off of the water!!

:uglyhamme
At that point you point them in the direction of the nearest MC dealer and tell them to go pick one up for themselves!

jsonova99
06-01-2005, 09:49 AM
I guess I got what I deserved, while we were waiting for the ramp, this guy is launching a 35 foot scarab into the lake. Way too much boat for this lake, and the water level is down like 2 feet. Anyway, they finally get it in, and I'm laughing and cracking jokes, but in the end I was the one who was stuck on the ramp. I really wanted to see how well that thing actually would manuever around the lake, too.

jsonova99
06-01-2005, 09:51 AM
Anyway, I decided to drink margaritas by the pool all weekend instead. :toast: That's what I ended up doing.

whitedog
06-01-2005, 09:56 AM
Worked till mid afternoon on Sat then went golfing with my 82 year old father, he actually beat me. :( Sunday worked in the rain at the show site, took the kids footing, only 65 F then drove for a show sunday night. Monday, skied in the AM show at noon and spent the afternoon teaching and pulling barefooters :D while friends with a CC and a hydrodyne pulled the other skiers. Almost perfict day on Monday! :)

Tuesday night skied again.

jimmer2880
06-01-2005, 11:23 AM
Slalom Friday afternoon on Glass

Footed Saturday morning on more glass (no ripples this time - ouch!). Hit a couple sticks footing. Foot bruises, but nothing major.

Sunday morning was time for a little wakeboard. Sunday afternoon broke up 10'x10' concrete pad with sledge hammer & digging iron.

Monday morning was slaloming when I sprained my ankle. Spent rest of day in e-room getting x-rays.

Still a good weekend.

east tx skier
06-01-2005, 11:49 AM
Went to Galveston. Beautiful weather each day, bad storms each night. Forgot to bring the empties in and when the winds picked up at 5 AM we had ...

1. Redneck alarm clock; or
2. Redneck wind chimes; or
3. Redneck dopler radar.

LakePirate
06-01-2005, 11:51 AM
Got some skiing in on Friday then it rained on saturday, sunday and monday. Fun Times....I work like the devil to get my boat running and it rains when I get to the lake. Go figure
Now they say it is going to rain all week. Super.

sizzler
06-01-2005, 11:53 AM
got the boat back sat morning and then footed sat,sun mon,tues,,,,,,absolute heaven..........feels like hell today tho' :toast:

Maristar210
06-01-2005, 12:34 PM
I / we took Friday and Tuesday off for a FIVE DAY weekend.
We put about ten hours on the boat.
My son almost got up on his first try at wakeboarding and failed miserably on his second, too bad, he tried real hard.
I managed to get up on my wakeboard on the second try and fell. Got up, fell. etc. Then I got courageous and tried to go outside the wake. Bad idea. Severe face plant - ouch!!!

Had a great time.

Steve

JEREMY79
06-01-2005, 12:53 PM
I didnt even look at the lake. I went to pick up my new "kid" (see pet thread) Had a good trip though. Went to Atlanta

bradamerry
06-01-2005, 01:16 PM
Greeson with Farmer for me.. Rained alot, drink ALOT, skied twice, hurt my arm, leg, ribs, head, and pride on Farmer's boom. Long story and Farmer better not say a word. I will just say liquid courage got the Wildman. :(

Farmer Ted
06-01-2005, 01:34 PM
Greeson with Farmer for me.. Rained alot, drink ALOT, skied twice, hurt my arm, leg, ribs, head, and pride on Farmer's boom. Long story and Farmer better not say a word. I will just say liquid courage got the Wildman. :(

There is a reason you're called the "Wildman" :friday:

AirJunky
06-01-2005, 02:24 PM
Skied a buttload on the Pende Oreille river in NE Washington. Clear skies & air temps of 85 - 90 & water temps around 60..... gorgeous! Lots of beer & great friends. Brought the enduro to ride on the snowmobile trails nearby too. Had to come home on Sunday nite & began the healing process.

east tx skier
06-01-2005, 02:27 PM

Video????? :popcorn:

bradamerry
06-01-2005, 02:29 PM
Video????? :popcorn:
No, thank heavens!!! 8p

lakes Rick
06-01-2005, 03:41 PM
Skied a buttload on the Pende Oreille river in NE Washington. Clear skies & air temps of 85 - 90 & water temps around 60..... gorgeous! Lots of beer & great friends. Brought the enduro to ride on the snowmobile trails nearby too. Had to come home on Sunday nite & began the healing process.

Isn't this lake in Idaho?????

AirJunky
06-01-2005, 03:51 PM
The Pende Oreille river goes from British Columbia, into WA. & then ID to Lake Pende Oreille. We were in the river, between Usk & Metelline Falls, WA. Their all just a few minutes from the stateline anyway.
The lake is huge & gets blown out way too often. But the river winds around a bit so if the wind kicks up, all you have to do is drive up to the next bend in the river to find glasssssss.......... :cool:

Tennesseeski
06-01-2005, 04:00 PM
Woke to rain Sat morn but had to help a fellow Mastercraft owner get his dock in the water. Can't let a pal not have a place for his boat. Rain moved out mid-morn and we got some runs in on the wakeboard. :dance: Sunday was cloudy,cold, and windy :rant: but still went out and found some calmer water to ski for awhile. Monday after making some repairs to my free dock the old man around the cove gave me , we hit a few more sets with the wakeboard. Even let the youngins' go toobin'. Man they love that! Glad everyone had a safe holiday!!

peason
06-01-2005, 04:41 PM
Finally got out for the 2nd time this summer - 1st time was very brief and lots of clouds , it has been a cold and wet spring in Minnesota. Water is still 60 degrees, bearable with the sun shining. My wife and I both had a wakeboard run and the kids went on the tube. Still too cold for them to wakeboard and Dad forgot the kneeboard. Boy did it feel good to be out and enjoying the sun again. Can't wait for school to be out so I can meet the family on the lake after work!

pilot02
06-01-2005, 04:53 PM
My son and I went to the Braves game sat with a friend and her son. Watched em' get kicked badly. Supposed to go to the Masters at Calloway sunday morning but the weather stunk so stayed home, worked on the boat then took another friend who hadn't skied in years and her 2 kids skiing. Barefooted 2x then Slalom for me and taught her youngest to wakeboard. Sunday, watched it rain all day. At least we had a cookout to go to..

Ski-A-Rees
06-01-2005, 06:25 PM
Ski-A-Rees had practice / camp out Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and the weather was great! Sunday night monday , and tuesday I went to Lake Grassy in Winter haven! Weather was crappy monday night and all morning tuesday. Still had a great weekend of sking and footin!

Jim@BAWS
06-01-2005, 08:55 PM
Had a little customer appreciation party and look who shows up!!!

Made all the kids happy! Hope everyone had a great long weekend

Jim@BAWS

captkidd
06-03-2005, 04:38 PM
Went camping at the lake, had a great time until the wife got sick (stomach virus?) on Sunday and we had to come home early. Managed to give the boat a really good cleaning on Monday. Even though the interior didn't look all that dirty, it certainly looked a lot better after a good scrubbing.

Couple that was camped across the road from us had a new 2005 PS 197 that was very sweet. They traded their PS 209 in for it, and said they liked the 197 much better. They were very gracious, and complimented me on how clean my boat was (even before the scrubbing). He asked me what I'd take for it, and I told him that I might be willing to swap even with him (he wasn't too excited about the offer).