PDA

View Full Version : Prop key

Tom023
07-13-2009, 02:31 PM
Well after nine years on the same lake I finally found my first stump. I was fortunate in that the brass key in the prop/shaft keyway did it's job and snapped but now I cannot find anyplace that just sells just the brass key. They all have it packaged with a prop nut, key and cotter pin. Anybody have a source for just the brass key?

TMCNo1
07-13-2009, 02:59 PM
Well after nine years on the same lake I finally found my first stump. I was fortunate in that the brass key in the prop/shaft keyway did it's job and snapped but now I cannot find anyplace that just sells just the brass key. They all have it packaged with a prop nut, key and cotter pin. Anybody have a source for just the brass key?

If I were you and you have to take the cotter pin and nut off to remove the key, if it's still there, put a new nut and cotter pin in anyway.

EJ OJPROP
07-13-2009, 03:17 PM

I have them in stock. Shipping will be more than the key though.

Ramhouse
07-13-2009, 06:35 PM
find and industrial hardware store. Not like home depot but and industrial one where contractors go. Where you located?

FrankSchwab
07-13-2009, 06:41 PM
My MasterCraft dealer was more than willing to sell me an individual brass key. It didn't pay their bills for the month, certainly, but you might give them a call....

/frank

TMCNo1
07-13-2009, 06:52 PM
Fastenal, http://www.fastenal.com/web/products.ex?N=999600938&in_dim_search=1

JimN
07-13-2009, 06:58 PM

Go to Ace Hardware. It may be more material than you need but you can cut it to length and file the ends smooth.

east tx skier
07-14-2009, 10:32 AM
If it's a nylock nut, go ahead and replace it, too. I've had them back off after a couple of years.