PDA

View Full Version : MC's in NE Ohio on Berlin Lake

Pages : [1] 2 3

Double D
07-10-2009, 09:59 AM
I have been skiing in the Northest Ohio area now for 20 years and have owned my MasterCraft since 2001. Most of my time is spent skiing on Berlin Lake back in the chanel area, or part of the river, with by older brother. We started out on his 79 Ski Tique back in 1989 until he sold that in 1998 to do some home updates. We were without a comp boat for a few years until I bought my 1994 ProStar 205 from Rons Marine. One year after that my brother bought his 1999 Ski Nautique. We have spent a lot of time on Berlin and see many comp boats out there. You would only see my MC 50% of the time since I always go skiing with my brother and we switch between boats each trip (makes it hard to get used to a wake since they are different). We worked our way through all the sports starting with 2 ski's, slalom, kneeboard, barefooting, and then finally wakeboarding, which we kind of end up doing all the time now. Just so you know, I am 42 and my brother is 44, so we are not that good at wakeboarding compared to others I see at Berlin, but we have a good time.
All that being said, I see many MasterCraft boats in the area and on the lake, and I wonder how many of you on are this forum? I am sure there are a few that are on here that don't put their boats on either Berlin, West Branch or Milton (which are both North of Berlin), but I would like to hear where you do go. When Berlin gets too low we end up going to Salt Fork, but I see fewer comp boats down there.

Cary K.
07-10-2009, 10:10 AM
I have a lot family in the Akron area, and an uncle with a X-9/209. I have been to Salt Fork with them, and it was horrible. They have property on Clarion in PA and go there most of the time, but I have never been. I did a comp on Springfield Lake many years ago when there was Back Bay Marine (?) across the street.

I may try to come up later in the summer, and I will prob be looking for a pull while I am there, especially if I don't have time to go to Clarion with the family.

Double D
07-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Yeah, Salt Fork is a nice lake but completely sucks when a slight breeze hits. Total mess. Its also funny you mentioned Springfield Lake because in our early days we used to hit Portage Lakes and tried Springfield Lake once in my brothers Tique. The funny part of the story was that they had a rule about no speeding after 7PM and we didn't know it. Cops waiting at the dock and ticket time!! :mad:

I have a lot family in the Akron area, and an uncle with a X-9/209. I have been to Salt Fork with them, and it was horrible. They have property on Clarion in PA and go there most of the time, but I have never been. I did a comp on Springfield Lake many years ago when there was Back Bay Marine (?) across the street.

I may try to come up later in the summer, and I will prob be looking for a pull while I am there, especially if I don't have time to go to Clarion with the family.

Cary K.
07-10-2009, 10:39 AM
Sucks about the ticket. The family with the MC lives almost across the street from Portage Lakes entrance off Manchester, but NEVER go there. Don't remember their reasoning, but it must be bad if you live that close and don't use the lake.

I remember when I went up for the comp, that everybody I talked to thought Springfield Lake was disgusting and nobody from the area could believe I actually would get in the water. I didn't think it was that bad, it was cold as heck though!

Double D
07-10-2009, 10:53 AM
Portage Lakes is a cruising lake with houses everywhere. They have two small areas that you are allowed to either ski or speed depending on the time of day, then all you can do is go in circles. It sucks for skiing but it is nice for cruising and hitting a bar or dinner on the lake.

cf_koch
07-13-2009, 09:04 AM
Double D- We live in the Akron area (Stow) and primarily use West Branch simply because it is close to home. We usually head out on Friday evening and camp at the state park so that we can get some quality runs in morning and just before sun down. All of the lakes in this area are crazy duing the middle of the day unless it is cold or raining. As water levels drop at Berlin, which seems quite early most seasons, Salt Fok and Lake Seneca stay full. We also head to the Ohio River.

If you are ever out at West Branch, and see our Maristar come up a say hello. We often hide from the wallies that come out mid-day in "swimmers cove" on the south shore of the lake near the beach.

casx2
07-13-2009, 09:50 AM
Double D - My buddies and I are on Berlin almost every weekend and were there all last week on vacation. I have a 03 197 that is red and white, my buddy (Captain Planet on this forum) has a 30th anniversary 190 and our other buddies have an X2 and a 19 skier. We are usually out in the morning looking for good water and in the afternoon pulling the kids. We all live in the North Canton/Massillon area. If you see us out on the water idle over and say hi, we will look for you as well.

jkski
07-13-2009, 10:49 AM
My wife and I spend most of our time at Westbranch (40th Anniv. PS197) but we get out to Berlin and Portage Lakes a couple of times a year just for a nice change of scenery. Berlin has a lot more going on than Westbranch and it makes for great people watching. We tend to ski mostly at Westbranch and use the other lakes for cruising.
Cruise on over if you ever see us.

Double D
07-13-2009, 11:59 AM
CF-Koch. Thanks for the response. The only time I was ever on West Branch was when I test drove my boat in 2001. We live closer to Berlin and can get there in 45 minutes, and I was not sure if West Branch had any "river type" areas that were good for skiiing. The water level becomes a problem for us about late August depending on rainfall. Some years we never have to go anywhere else but others its off to Salt Fork in August September. We have also gone to the Ohio River in the past down by Stuebenville and a place called Lincoln Park. But its been a few years. Too many things to get hooked on or hit for a fixed shaft boat.
Thanks for the invite and if you ever do make it to the chanel area at Berlin, say hello as well.

Double D- We live in the Akron area (Stow) and primarily use West Branch simply because it is close to home. We usually head out on Friday evening and camp at the state park so that we can get some quality runs in morning and just before sun down. All of the lakes in this area are crazy duing the middle of the day unless it is cold or raining. As water levels drop at Berlin, which seems quite early most seasons, Salt Fok and Lake Seneca stay full. We also head to the Ohio River.

If you are ever out at West Branch, and see our Maristar come up a say hello. We often hide from the wallies that come out mid-day in "swimmers cove" on the south shore of the lake near the beach.

captain planet
07-13-2009, 12:57 PM
Double D, good to hear from somebody on the lake. As casx2 pointed out, we were out there all last week on vacation and are there just about every weekend. I have the 30th Anniversary 190 and am usually down at the "river" at some point during the day. I remember your Ski Tique, it was white with yellow letters wasn't it?

Anyway, If you see us out c'mon over and say hello. Where do you dock on the lake? I think I remember seeing your boat out on the water, but not parked anywhere.

As for your wakeboarding, you will have to catch up with one of the 17 year olds at our club. He competes in INT tournaments and can really fly. He skiis out on the 19 skier with ballast.

Double D
07-13-2009, 01:02 PM
Will do!! Our camping vacation is coming up on July 24th to the 29th. We usually stay at the State Park. Where did you stay on vacation?

Double D - My buddies and I are on Berlin almost every weekend and were there all last week on vacation. I have a 03 197 that is red and white, my buddy (Captain Planet on this forum) has a 30th anniversary 190 and our other buddies have an X2 and a 19 skier. We are usually out in the morning looking for good water and in the afternoon pulling the kids. We all live in the North Canton/Massillon area. If you see us out on the water idle over and say hi, we will look for you as well.

captain planet
07-13-2009, 01:09 PM
Will do!! Our camping vacation is coming up on July 24th to the 29th. We usually stay at the State Park. Where did you stay on vacation?

Casx2 and I belong to a trailer park on the lake. Our docks are in the no-wake zone west of the Route 14 bridge. We've been there all our lives.

Double D
07-13-2009, 01:13 PM
Captain, good memory on my brother's Tique. You will still see it on the lake because a guy who lives just off the lake sometimes keeps it in the water just North of the island (by 225 bridge) over by the barn.

My brother was out this past Friday (in his 99 Nautique, Blue Metallic with white hull, and a pylon) with a group of his teacher friends (nice being a teacher with a comp boat, and I am stuck with a real job) but I was not able to get out because my son had a baseball tournament in Aurora all weekend. The only thing that made it worth it is we went 5-0 and won it.

We dont dock anywhere. We trailer it from Jackson TWP and drop in up by the damn, then drive all the way back. We used to drop in off 225 across from the airport but that ramp sucks the big one.

There is no way we'll be catching up to a wakeboarder that competes. Compared to that we look like beginners.

Maybe see you in a few weeks. We are heading down to Myrtle Beach this weekend for our final tournament and then I plan to get out more often.

Double D, good to hear from somebody on the lake. As casx2 pointed out, we were out there all last week on vacation and are there just about every weekend. I have the 30th Anniversary 190 and am usually down at the "river" at some point during the day. I remember your Ski Tique, it was white with yellow letters wasn't it?

Anyway, If you see us out c'mon over and say hello. Where do you dock on the lake? I think I remember seeing your boat out on the water, but not parked anywhere.

As for your wakeboarding, you will have to catch up with one of the 17 year olds at our club. He competes in INT tournaments and can really fly. He skiis out on the 19 skier with ballast.

Double D
07-13-2009, 01:18 PM
I am pretty sure I know the place. The large docks with pontoons hanging off the west side. I always see the nice 190 with the Stars & Stripes docked there when we pass back and forth. Is that the 30th Anniversary boat? (Duh! I just read your signature.)
I also used to know a family that used to stay there. There last name was Cindia?? or something like that. We know there are a few places like that around Berlin but never dig deep enough to figure out how to get involved.

Casx2 and I belong to a trailer park on the lake. Our docks are in the no-wake zone west of the Route 14 bridge. We've been there all our lives.

captain planet
07-13-2009, 01:21 PM
Captain, good memory on my brother's Tique. You will still see it on the lake because a guy who lives just off the lake sometimes keeps it in the water just North of the island (by 225 bridge) over by the barn.

My brother was out this past Friday (in his 99 Nautique, Blue Metallic with white hull, and a pylon) with a group of his teacher friends (nice being a teacher with a comp boat, and I am stuck with a real job) but I was not able to get out because my son had a baseball tournament in Aurora all weekend. The only thing that made it worth it is we went 5-0 and won it.

We dont dock anywhere. We trailer it from Jackson TWP and drop in up by the damn, then drive all the way back. We used to drop in off 225 across from the airport but that ramp sucks the big one.

There is no way we'll be catching up to a wakeboarder that competes. Compared to that we look like beginners.

Maybe see you in a few weeks. We are heading down to Myrtle Beach this weekend for our final tournament and then I plan to get out more often.

We were out on Friday....Uh....you didn't miss much. It was worse than a Saturday. We were figuring on getting a few footin passes in on our last real day of vacation. That didn't happen, in fact I left my slalom ski under the seat and just pulled my kids all day. I don't know where everybody came from but it was crazy.

I think my other buddy at our club knows your brother. He has mentioned knowing the guy that owns, or used to own, your old Ski Tique.

You better hurry, the lake is 1.4 feet below summer pool right now. :( If we don't start getting some rain we will be hurting by the middle of August.

TX.X-30 fan
07-13-2009, 01:46 PM
1.4 try 41.4. :mad:

captain planet
07-13-2009, 01:55 PM
Ouch TX. There is less than 5% of our lake that even has 41 feet of water. Next month our lake will be down 4 or 5 feet and when you are skiing in 8 to 9 feet of water now, that doesn't leave much.

Double D
07-13-2009, 02:03 PM
Well said Captain! Wholly crap TX! Down 41.4 feet?? How deep is it now and can you even use it?

Ouch TX. There is less than 5% of our lake that even has 41 feet of water. Next month our lake will be down 4 or 5 feet and when you are skiing in 8 to 9 feet of water now, that doesn't leave much.

TX.X-30 fan
07-13-2009, 02:45 PM
Well said Captain! Wholly crap TX! Down 41.4 feet?? How deep is it now and can you even use it?

Channel is still 60/70 feet just 5 feet more and the last ramp is gone. 2 weeks at best.

captain planet
07-13-2009, 03:19 PM
What lake is that TX?

TX.X-30 fan
07-13-2009, 07:50 PM
What lake is that TX?

Travis, its a flood control lake/river and its just the way it goes. Worst drought in central Texas since the 50's and currently the worst for the last 2 years in the nation.

Come on el nino or la nina or what ever the hell a wet weather pattern is. :D

Footin
07-13-2009, 08:03 PM
In the mid 90's I use to ski at Berlin every weekend. Launch at Duke's and head to the river.
I use to ski sometimes with Dale (he has a trailer there) and a few others.

Back then I had an red and white 87 190.

captain planet
07-14-2009, 08:30 AM
In the mid 90's I use to ski at Berlin every weekend. Launch at Duke's and head to the river.
I use to ski sometimes with Dale (he has a trailer there) and a few others.

Back then I had an red and white 87 190.

At what club on the lake did Dale stay?

One of the guys at our club had an 87 190 that was gray and black. It was one of the few MC's on the lake at the time.

Double D
07-14-2009, 08:59 AM
Captain, my brother (99Nautique) said you were correct about Friday last week. The lake was filled and the river was busy. He says he about got run over by a comp boat pulling a guy doing air chair up by the corner. He was quite pissed until the guy on the chair came past and yelled "Sooorrrrry!!" That helped calm him down and he said the guy chairing was awesome. He couldn't remember if it was a MasterCraft or a Malibu. :rolleyes: Did you see the guy or know him?

We were out on Friday....Uh....you didn't miss much. It was worse than a Saturday. We were figuring on getting a few footin passes in on our last real day of vacation. That didn't happen, in fact I left my slalom ski under the seat and just pulled my kids all day. I don't know where everybody came from but it was crazy.

I think my other buddy at our club knows your brother. He has mentioned knowing the guy that owns, or used to own, your old Ski Tique.

You better hurry, the lake is 1.4 feet below summer pool right now. :( If we don't start getting some rain we will be hurting by the middle of August.

captain planet
07-14-2009, 09:14 AM
Captain, my brother (99Nautique) said you were correct about Friday last week. The lake was filled and the river was busy. He says he about got run over by a comp boat pulling a guy doing air chair up by the corner. He was quite pissed until the guy on the chair came past and yelled "Sooorrrrry!!" That helped calm him down and he said the guy chairing was awesome. He couldn't remember if it was a MasterCraft or a Malibu. :rolleyes: Did you see the guy or know him?

Oh yea, I know him. Red and black malibu (i-ride or v-ride) with that ugly tower. He is really good....however he has a reputation of jumping over or in front of people and not being very considerate of others while riding:mad:.......and that is being polite. :rolleyes:

Double D
07-14-2009, 09:22 AM
Is this Malibu a new boat for him? Did he have something else prior? Like a Correct Craft???? :rolleyes:

Oh yea, I know him. Red and black malibu (i-ride or v-ride) with that ugly tower. He is really good....however he has a reputation of jumping over or in front of people and not being very considerate of others while riding:mad:.......and that is being polite. :rolleyes:

captain planet
07-14-2009, 09:37 AM
Is this Malibu a new boat for him? Did he have something else prior? Like a Correct Craft???? :rolleyes:

Uh.....I think so.....a correct craft with a backwards "N" on the port side, red and white, with checkerboard pattern toward the stern on the sides......uh, I think so. :rolleyes:

Double D
07-14-2009, 09:53 AM
Uh.....I think so.....a correct craft with a backwards "N" on the port side, red and white, with checkerboard pattern toward the stern on the sides......uh, I think so. :rolleyes:

OH YEAH!! I know him now. My brother thought that might be him but the boat was wrong. Figured he would go Malibu....8p Come to think of it I was cut off by him (the woman driver) last year. They were heading West towards the corner and I left plenty of room on my left for them to pass. Then as they get close they cross right in front of me like 50 ft of my bow:mad:. My guess they were following the deep part of the river but the water was higher and there was no need. The guy is good but most people who know him dont think much of him...;) Putting it lightly.

captain planet
07-14-2009, 10:37 AM
OH YEAH!! I know him now. My brother thought that might be him but the boat was wrong. Figured he would go Malibu.... Come to think of it I was cut off by him (the woman driver) last year. They were heading West towards the corner and I left plenty of room on my left for them to pass. Then as they get close they cross right in front of me like 50 ft of my bow:mad:. My guess they were following the deep part of the river but the water was higher and there was no need. The guy is good but most people who know him dont think much of him...;) Putting it lightly.

That is his signature move. I think he has a patent on it :mad: After his driver cuts in front of you he then uses your wake to get more lift...but he only does that on his left side (from what I have been told). I ESPECIALLY love when he does this and you have your kids on a tube behind the boat. :mad:

Double D
07-14-2009, 11:02 AM
That is his signature move. I think he has a patent on it :mad: After his driver cuts in front of you he then uses your wake to get more lift...but he only does that on his left side (from what I have been told). I ESPECIALLY love when he does this and you have your kids on a tube behind the boat. :mad:

Well, at least we "mainly" only have to deal with one guy being a disrespectful. The rest are just clueless with their power-turning & plowing.
Dont get me wrong, I am not perfect and have probrably gotten in someones way or made a bad turn by mistake, but I do try to be respectful of other skiers. If we are early and I see you guys footing, we may shoot through your area but we stay up at the other end and make straight runs and always turn slow to prevent cross wakes.

Picture of our boats last year during vacation. Ignore the fat guy standing in the boat. He dropped 40 pounds since then. :)

captain planet
07-14-2009, 11:28 AM
Well, at least we "mainly" only have to deal with one guy being a disrespectful. The rest are just clueless with their power-turning & plowing.
Dont get me wrong, I am not perfect and have probrably gotten in someones way or made a bad turn by mistake, but I do try to be respectful of other skiers. If we are early and I see you guys footing, we may shoot through your area but we stay up at the other end and make straight runs and always turn slow to prevent cross wakes.

Picture of our boats last year during vacation. Ignore the fat guy standing in the boat. He dropped 40 pounds since then. :)

Is that Area 2, looking north with the 224 bridge off to the right of the picture? :rolleyes:

Double D
07-14-2009, 11:36 AM
Is that Area 2, looking north with the 224 bridge off to the right of the picture? :rolleyes:

Yepper! We end up staying on that side of the park if the cove side is booked.

captain planet
07-14-2009, 01:06 PM
Double D, in case you don't have it, here is a link to the Army Corps of Engineers website that has the lake levels in the pittsburgh district. Berlin is on there so you can see where the lake level is.

http://wmw.lrp.usace.army.mil/current/forecast.html

Double D
07-14-2009, 01:41 PM
Thanks a lot. I was not aware they also had it on a web site. We use the phone number that provides lake levels. (330.547.5445)
So how low will it go before you say no?

Double D, in case you don't have it, here is a link to the Army Corps of Engineers website that has the lake levels in the pittsburgh district. Berlin is on there so you can see where the lake level is.

captain planet
07-14-2009, 03:14 PM
The river gets a little scary below 1020. After that we go early in the morning and go above 14 bridge for a couple runs. You have to watch out for "big moe" in the river. He is right along the channel before the opening at Doc Roaches.

You know any rain dances?

Double D
07-14-2009, 03:52 PM
The river gets a little scary below 1020. After that we go early in the morning and go above 14 bridge for a couple runs. You have to watch out for "big moe" in the river. He is right along the channel before the opening at Doc Roaches.

You know any rain dances?

OK, I dont know "Big Moe" (and thankful that I dont). Please provide more info on this.

I am dancing now!! You?
I know it poured for over an hour in Aurora on Saturday. Not sure if it came across Berlin or not. We need a few days of that and it would be at flood stage like it was a few years back in July, when all you saw were the tips of the orange polls over at the ramp in area 1.

captain planet
07-14-2009, 04:28 PM
It poured on Saturday. We got .5 inches of rain in about an hour, but that was it.

"Big Moe" is a stump that is about 3 feet tall or so, 3 feet in diameter and is right along the channel before the river opens up near that boat club before the power lines. We hit it with my buddies 87 MC in 1992 and bent his prop. I hit it in 1988 with my fishing boat and launched my boat over it. My brother has it located in his GPS. I keep threatening to go out there in October and hack it apart with an ax or maul or whatever it will take to cut it up, but my brother the fisherman has a fit when I talk about that. Oh well, just beware he is out there.

Double D
07-14-2009, 04:38 PM
Wholly crap!! Its basically right out there in the middle? North or South side of the river? Do you know at what water level it becomes dangerous? Oh, and btw, there are plenty of other places for the little fishies to hide so my vote is to chop it up. I'll help!!

captain planet
07-14-2009, 05:04 PM
It is on the south side of the channel...which is basically right in the middle of the river. I don't worry about big moe until the water elevation goes below 1020.....which basically keeps me out of that area of the lake with the MC anyway.

cf_koch
07-15-2009, 04:21 PM

Thanks for the link. This should help me keep track of the water levels before we get out to the lake.:)

c_craig
07-21-2009, 10:40 AM
Hi all. We are typically at WB, but would like to check out Berlin and Milton too. The crowds are tough I hear (at all locations). Our boat goes north to Michigan for most of the summer, but will be back here mid-august. Of course please say "hey" if you see us. I've got a 13 year-old boy who loves to board and wakeskate. Everyone else is currently addicted to the sky ski. No big tricks yet but some good jumps coming on. Pictures later.

captain planet
07-21-2009, 11:06 AM
If you get out mid August I would recommend staying west of the second no-wake zone past the Rt. 14 bridge (based on current lake levels, lack of rain, and how much the Corps is letting out of the lake). If you see in my 30th, stop over and say hello.

Double D
07-21-2009, 11:21 AM
C_Craig: Welcome to the thread. Feel free to come check out Berlin but as the Captian has said, you may want to avoid it in August through the rest of the year if you'll be around then (unless we get some rain). As for Milton, the water levels dont drop there too much anymore but the good skiing areas dont exist there (unless I dont know the spot). We went there one evening a few years back when Berlin was low and spent about 1 hour trying to find a spot and work around another comp boat. We ended up leaving and taking our chances at Berlin.

What takes you to Michigan for the summer?

Hi all. We are typically at WB, but would like to check out Berlin and Milton too. The crowds are tough I hear (at all locations). Our boat goes north to Michigan for most of the summer, but will be back here mid-august. Of course please say "hey" if you see us. I've got a 13 year-old boy who loves to board and wakeskate. Everyone else is currently addicted to the sky ski. No big tricks yet but some good jumps coming on. Pictures later.

Double D
07-21-2009, 11:26 AM
If you get out mid August I would recommend staying west of the second no-wake zone past the Rt. 14 bridge (based on current lake levels, lack of rain, and how much the Corps is letting out of the lake). If you see in my 30th, stop over and say hello.

Captain, today's elevation is 1022.68 and dropping. 2.68 away from no river. Since I have been in Myrtle Beach for the last 5 days, do you know how much is it dropping per day? Our camping vacation starts this Friday and I wold like to have an idea if I will be able to use the river, or seriously think of going somewhere else.

captain planet
07-21-2009, 11:33 AM
Captain, today's elevation is 1022.68 and dropping. 2.68 away from no river. Since I have been in Myrtle Beach for the last 5 days, do you know how much is it dropping per day? Our camping vacation starts this Friday and I wold like to have an idea if I will be able to use the river, or seriously think of going somewhere else.

You will be fine next week. There are two shorelines near the powerlines you will want to be aware of, but they are no real big deal. If you see us in the river this weekend, come over and I'll show you where they are. I dropped near that shoreline this weekend and it was still just over my head.

I think when I said 1020 was the mendoza line I may have been trigger happy. I'll keep you posted as to when the river starts to get really scary. We footed in the river as late as the 20th of Aug last year....it was scary, but we did it.

Double D
07-21-2009, 11:40 AM
Good to hear! I do know of the two shore lines near the power lines that get low fast. One on each side. Then down the entire South side is gradual slope vs the steep North side. The corner turning West toward the island is also a corner to stay away from. correct?

Also good news that we are not 2.68' away from no river. That makes me happy. I will be looking for the Stars and Stripes this weekend. As long as the raccoons leave us alone we'll have a good week. :mad:

You will be fine next week. There are two shorelines near the powerlines you will want to be aware of, but they are no real big deal. If you see us in the river this weekend, come over and I'll show you where they are. I dropped near that shoreline this weekend and it was still just over my head.

I think when I said 1020 was the mendoza line I may have been trigger happy. I'll keep you posted as to when the river starts to get really scary. We footed in the river as late as the 20th of Aug last year....it was scary, but we did it.

captain planet
07-21-2009, 12:11 PM
Good to hear! I do know of the two shore lines near the power lines that get low fast. One on each side. Then down the entire South side is gradual slope vs the steep North side. The corner turning West toward the island is also a corner to stay away from. correct?
Also good news that we are not 2.68' away from no river. That makes me happy. I will be looking for the Stars and Stripes this weekend. As long as the raccoons leave us alone we'll have a good week. :mad:

Oh yea. There is also an old bridge support along the channel between that point and the corner where you turn by the power lines. That one can get you a new boat in a hurry if you find it at the wrong time of year.

2 years ago I was out on my PWC down that way on a busy Sunday riding around and would see people going over that way and hit that point. After a while two muscle boats came around the corner from the power lines running with each other, 28'+ each running around 50 mph and they both ran over the point! They went around the island which was also really shallow and back over that point! I went over where they ran through and could feel a slight depression where they ran through! They had to have peeled the paint off their lower units doing that, it was a little more than knee deep.

Double D
07-21-2009, 01:11 PM
Oh yea. There is also an old bridge support along the channel between that point and the corner where you turn by the power lines. That one can get you a new boat in a hurry if you find it at the wrong time of year.

2 years ago I was out on my PWC down that way on a busy Sunday riding around and would see people going over that way and hit that point. After a while two muscle boats came around the corner from the power lines running with each other, 28'+ each running around 50 mph and they both ran over the point! They went around the island which was also really shallow and back over that point! I went over where they ran through and could feel a slight depression where they ran through! They had to have peeled the paint off their lower units doing that, it was a little more than knee deep.

Wholly $&!#!!:rolleyes:

captain planet
07-22-2009, 10:32 AM
Alright Double D. This is my first attempt to take an image from google earth and draw on it so try to contain you laughter. :o

The blue line is the channel, the red areas are shallow areas that you will have to watch out for when the water drops another foot or so, the pink circle is the bridge foundation that will get ugly when the water drops another 1.5 feet or so, ...........and the green dot is BIG MOE!:( We have to loose about 2 more feet of water for Moe to become a concern, however he is there.

All that said, I still ain't scared to go from the no wake zone all the way down to the corner by the power lines for a couple weeks yet. You will be fine next week on vacation.

Double D
07-22-2009, 10:48 AM
Alright Double D. This is my first attempt to take an image from google earth and draw on it so try to contain you laughter. :o

The blue line is the channel, the red areas are shallow areas that you will have to watch out for when the water drops another foot or so, the pink circle is the bridge foundation that will get ugly when the water drops another 1.5 feet or so, ...........and the green dot is BIG MOE!:( We have to loose about 2 more feet of water for Moe to become a concern, however he is there.

All that said, I still ain't scared to go from the no wake zone all the way down to the corner by the power lines for a couple weeks yet. You will be fine next week on vacation.

Captain, thats friggen sweet.:) Very nice and very helpful. I did know about the red areas, but was way off on the bridge foundation. We typically never go over that far anyway. Also Big Moe was a mystery until now. So you think 1020 - 1019 is still a good pool elevation to start staying away from the river?
Also, that was a hell of a rain last night we got here in Jackson, do you think it hit Berlin at all?

captain planet
07-22-2009, 11:00 AM
Yea, we got hit pretty good in Massillon as well. I was watching the radar and it looked like Alliance may have gotten some rain during that which helps us. I wish the system moving through today would go a little farther east. As it is now, it is not raining in Akron, Canton, or Alliance.

I still think 1020 to 1019 is a guestimate. I usually go by how many sections of ramp are out of the water at the club. There are about 5 out now, when we get to 7 or 8, then I start to worry. We are at 1022.68 today, but have rain on the way.

c_craig
07-22-2009, 09:23 PM
What takes you to Michigan for the summer?

Family place on Lake Leelanau. Great spot. I don't think anyone from the board is there, but lots of S&S boats, and several newer MC boats out there. Pretty quiet area. I get up there as often as I can.

Double D
07-23-2009, 09:20 PM
Captain!
Looks like my Rain Dance worked!:o Too bad it may screw up our camping trip with all the mud.:mad: Forcast looks like crap.

Berlin, here we come. Same side as the previous picture. The cove was unavailable. :(

Double D
07-23-2009, 09:21 PM
Family place on Lake Leelanau. Great spot. I don't think anyone from the board is there, but lots of S&S boats, and several newer MC boats out there. Pretty quiet area. I get up there as often as I can.

How long a drive?

captain planet
07-24-2009, 08:41 AM

Holy smokes that is way up there! I was going to give you some chin music about michigan and the wolverines, but that is way far away. You shouldn't be able to smell ann arbor way up there! :D That has to be like 8 hours or so.

I looked at directions to that lake....uh you have to drive through ann arbor correct? Do you wear the proper PPE when driving through there? I have some extra respirator cartridges if yours expire. 8p

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Double D
07-29-2009, 11:23 AM
Well spent Friday night through Tuesday on Berlin at the State Park. Based on the weather today I am glad we left a day early. :( Good ol' mother nature screwed up the entire time because the wind. :mad: We only got rained on 4 times and each time it was light, but the poosibility of rain scewed up Saturday. So if you were there Captain we never made it past area 2.
Sunday was still as windy and we had a hard time finding any decent water.
Monday was the best day when it came to Sun but the wind still screwed this up. Spent a lot of time at the Island letting the two huskies run, but no wakeboarding was done.
Tuesday we went out early and got some decent wakeboard runs in but still fought the wind at every corner. Pulled out at 1:30 PM and was home by 3:30.
All in all a good trip. No injuries, except my sons feet when he was chasing the dog thru the woods after she jumped off the boat to chase a stray dog, and no damage to any boats. However, I did get some gas at Dutch Harbor and now my engine is running rough. I assume I got some water in there.
The only MC's I saw on the lake Sunday were the red 190 and a blue 190 of the same design.

captain planet
07-31-2009, 03:04 PM
Well spent Friday night through Tuesday on Berlin at the State Park. Based on the weather today I am glad we left a day early. :( Good ol' mother nature screwed up the entire time because the wind. :mad: We only got rained on 4 times and each time it was light, but the poosibility of rain scewed up Saturday. So if you were there Captain we never made it past area 2.
Sunday was still as windy and we had a hard time finding any decent water.
Monday was the best day when it came to Sun but the wind still screwed this up. Spent a lot of time at the Island letting the two huskies run, but no wakeboarding was done.
Tuesday we went out early and got some decent wakeboard runs in but still fought the wind at every corner. Pulled out at 1:30 PM and was home by 3:30.
All in all a good trip. No injuries, except my sons feet when he was chasing the dog thru the woods after she jumped off the boat to chase a stray dog, and no damage to any boats. However, I did get some gas at Dutch Harbor and now my engine is running rough. I assume I got some water in there.
The only MC's I saw on the lake Sunday were the red 190 and a blue 190 of the same design.

With the weather on Saturday we took my parents pontoon boat out with the PWC and ran the kids around for a while. Sunday morning I got out with my buddy and we footed off his Sport Nautique until the wind ruined things. Sunday later in the day my wife and I took a ride on the PWC down to the dam. We rode past where your boat was parked but we didn't see any movement down by the shore so we just rode past.

Don't feel bad, the wind has screwed things up for the last two weekends at the river.

The red 190 was one of our club members. You probably saw him flying on his wakeboard with the skylon up. He is pretty good. The blue 190 we rode past while out on the PWC on Sunday. Hope you had a good time.

Double D
07-31-2009, 04:19 PM
With the weather on Saturday we took my parents pontoon boat out with the PWC and ran the kids around for a while. Sunday morning I got out with my buddy and we footed off his Sport Nautique until the wind ruined things. Sunday later in the day my wife and I took a ride on the PWC down to the dam. We rode past where your boat was parked but we didn't see any movement down by the shore so we just rode past.

Don't feel bad, the wind has screwed things up for the last two weekends at the river.

The red 190 was one of our club members. You probably saw him flying on his wakeboard with the skylon up. He is pretty good. The blue 190 we rode past while out on the PWC on Sunday. Hope you had a good time.

Oh, the time was fine. I do find it harder each year to get up early and go skiing while we are lazing and drinking all night. Sorry we missed you Sunday, I was probably napping. :rolleyes:
We did make it out to the river/chanel on Sunday but dont remember seeing the sport. It must have been early.
We are planning a morning trip tomorrow and hope to have my boat out there, as long as I get this fuel-water seperator replaced tonight and it helps the dirty gas situation, so if I see the S&S out I will say hi.

c_craig
08-01-2009, 08:39 AM
How long a drive?

Its about 7 hours, but I do it so many times a year, it doesn't bother me. Longer with the boat, but I only take it up and back once. We'll be back skiing in Ohio around 8/10.

Funny, all of the family and most of the people we hang with here are transplants from Cincy, Dayton, etc. Other than that, the natives are cool.

genroxbro
08-02-2009, 06:02 AM
Well I know there is a thread anyone from Ohio here, but figured why not just start a Ohio Lawn thread, kinda like the Ohio snow thread on plowsite. Be good for general bull shting and what not.

So are we all ready for spring here in Ohio or what??? I am sick of the snow and ready for some spring clean-ups

captain planet
08-03-2009, 12:41 PM
Captain, thats friggen sweet.:) Very nice and very helpful. I did know about the red areas, but was way off on the bridge foundation. We typically never go over that far anyway. Also Big Moe was a mystery until now. So you think 1020 - 1019 is still a good pool elevation to start staying away from the river?
Also, that was a hell of a rain last night we got here in Jackson, do you think it hit Berlin at all?

Nice to meet you guys the other day.

FYI, I know you said you never go over near that bridge foundation, however I was out on my MC WetJet yesterday and went over to see how far below the surface it is. I stood up on it and it was 4.1 feet below yesterday's elevation of 1022.09, which makes it 1017.99. So if you draft 30" at about 1020.50 it will be a problem for you.

You missed out on Sunday. We were footing at 11:00....there was NOBODY out there. It was great.

Double D
08-04-2009, 08:49 AM
Nice to meet you guys the other day.

FYI, I know you said you never go over near that bridge foundation, however I was out on my MC WetJet yesterday and went over to see how far below the surface it is. I stood up on it and it was 4.1 feet below yesterday's elevation of 1022.09, which makes it 1017.99. So if you draft 30" at about 1020.50 it will be a problem for you.

You missed out on Sunday. We were footing at 11:00....there was NOBODY out there. It was great.

Captain, yes, it was very nice meeting you and casx2 on Saturday. BTW, what is a MC WetJet??
Good info on the bridge foundation. Do you know how much you draft?
Also, I saw a yellow ball floating out where you showed me Old Moe to be. Has someone taken the time to mark it or was that left over from a temporary slalom course?
Bummer about Sunday.:( Brother left for North Carolina teacher training on Sunday morning and is gone for two weeks so I had to hang around home and cut grass, trim hedges and move dirt around the new boat home.

captain planet
08-05-2009, 08:50 AM
Captain, yes, it was very nice meeting you and casx2 on Saturday. BTW, what is a MC WetJet??
Good info on the bridge foundation. Do you know how much you draft?
Also, I saw a yellow ball floating out where you showed me Old Moe to be. Has someone taken the time to mark it or was that left over from a temporary slalom course?
Bummer about Sunday.:( Brother left for North Carolina teacher training on Sunday morning and is gone for two weeks so I had to hang around home and cut grass, trim hedges and move dirt around the new boat home.

MasterCraft WetJet. It is a PWC line MC had for a while. They stopped making them in 1997. I have one.

Double D
08-05-2009, 09:02 AM
MasterCraft WetJet. It is a PWC line MC had for a while. They stopped making them in 1997. I have one.

Hmmm..... MC has tried many different ventures haven't they? I read in another thread how MC should just get back to building Ski and now Wakeboard Boats, similar to Correct Craft. I tend to agree as I am a firm believer, as you are, if the motor is not in the middle, its not for me and to me it's second best! ;)

captain planet
08-05-2009, 09:45 AM
Yea, they only had the WetJet line for about 2 years IIRC. The engines in them were pretty bad so they recalled all the 1997's, replaced the engines with Yamaha 750cc engines, dumped inventory, and stopped making them. ("Knock on wood"), but mine has run great, never had a problem.

I agree, if the motor isn't in the middle, it's simply a waste of perfectly good fiberglass.

Footin
08-05-2009, 05:25 PM
I remember when Duke at Dutch Harbor had the MC line in the mid 90's, he had two of the wetjets. He let me and a friend take them out for a few hours, had a good time and they ran good (and we were not easy on them)

captain planet
08-06-2009, 11:41 AM
Yea, good ol' Duke. He keeps plugging away. I don't even think he kept WetJet long enough for them to be MC WetJets. He had malibu for a while then dropped them. I'm suprised he stays in business sometimes. I think he only carries pontoon boats now, if anything at all.

Footin, do you get up to Berlin much at all?

captain planet
08-11-2009, 05:03 PM
Double D, on post #49 where I included the map, I watched at least 2 people hit the southern most red marked area on Sunday. One of the boats was a deck boat pulling a skiier, he never stopped but did look back and watch his engine bouncing around.

Just a heads up!

Double D
08-11-2009, 05:13 PM
Double D, on post #49 where I included the map, I watched at least 2 people hit the southern most red marked area on Sunday. One of the boats was a deck boat pulling a skiier, he never stopped but did look back and watch his engine bouncing around.

Just a heads up!

Wow, that sucks! Thanks for the heads up. Since my brother is gone and I have been working on my new garage, I have not made an effort to get up there or check water levels. It should be up some with that last four heavy rains we have gotten.......

c_craig
08-14-2009, 09:46 AM
Will be at WB tonight. Hopefully not too crowded, but beats sitting on the couch.

captain planet
08-14-2009, 10:00 AM
I'm hoping to catch a slalom and/or footin run tonight down at the "river" on Berlin, provided I can come up with a driver.

Double D
08-14-2009, 10:29 AM
I'm hoping to catch a slalom and/or footin run tonight down at the "river" on Berlin, provided I can come up with a driver.

I would love to drive the S & S for you, but sorry I cant help you tonight. :(

Double D
08-17-2009, 08:42 AM
Took a family day out yesterday with both boats but we went to Salt Fork :( due to Berlin water levels and boaters beach.
We dropped in at Morning Glory ramp by the damn and then went around the lodge and over to boaters beach after some swimming and tubing. We arrived at 10:25 AM and it seemed ok, but then 6 others pulled in right behind us. We swam a few minutes (HOT) and pulled tubes for about 20 minutes, and then headed to boaters beach and spent the rest of the day there (from noon to 3:30), and we never saw one comp boat! Not that I was super surprised, but I was.
Now, the fun: The Return To The Ramp! Our first adventure was when a VERY LARGE 30' cabin cruiser was plowing into the end of the speed area and I yelled at my brother to watch out for those waves. That's a friggen Lake Erie sized boat. So I figured I would have to take these waves almost parallel to the direction that were running. So we take off and I come up to them and these things were HUGE. I swear from top of wave to top of wave was the length of my boat, I kid you not! I just felt lucky I didn't submarine.:mad:
Then we have to dodge tubers that are cutting across our path like they own the lake. One got the single finger salute for being really stupid.:rolleyes:
Then as we coast into the no-wake area around the lodge here comes this 28' duel engine cig boat powering into the buoys as he slows down and passes us up so now we have to listen to over-water exhaust all the way around. (Don't get me wrong, I love the sound of a good rumble but I complain because he should have been behind us).
So we get back to the ramp and have to load with 2' rollers coming at a 45 degree angle to the ramp.
All safe and sound. No injuries and no malfunctions. However, at the parking area I did count three other comp trailers and two being MasterCrafts. I never saw the boats on the lake so I hope they weren't trying to ski like some other goofies we saw out there.
All in all the day at the beach was fun and worth the family trip. However as with any beach trip, the traffic you have to go through always ends up defining the day you had. :D

Double D
08-17-2009, 08:43 AM
Will be at WB tonight. Hopefully not too crowded, but beats sitting on the couch.

How was West Branch??

captain planet
08-17-2009, 09:23 AM
Double D, I think you are overthinking the water level thing...for now. I got slalom sets in on Friday night and Saturday. Water was great. We didnt' go past the power lines, but I ran out there on Saturday and you still have 5 feet of water.....except for the bridge foundation which is now waist deep :(. Sunday morning I went out and footed my arse off. The two kids with me didn't foot much, one didn't at all so I took advantage. Only problem is the one kid doesn't know how to pull me backwards. I will have to teach him pretty soon.

c_craig
08-17-2009, 09:42 AM
WB was pretty nice Friday night. We were out with two other MC's. I got three good long runs in on the sky ski. My wife and daughter each went once and then they were "tired". Good for me, my boy stayed home. First week of X-country and he was toast anyway. They weather was great, still quite a few boats out, but I don't need perfect water on the foil (5' of depth would be a littel scary though).

Going out again tonight, I think. Hoping a Monday will be even better. Take a look for us if you are out.

Double D
08-17-2009, 12:18 PM
Double D, I think you are overthinking the water level thing...for now. I got slalom sets in on Friday night and Saturday. Water was great. We didnt' go past the power lines, but I ran out there on Saturday and you still have 5 feet of water.....except for the bridge foundation which is now waist deep :(. Sunday morning I went out and footed my arse off. The two kids with me didn't foot much, one didn't at all so I took advantage. Only problem is the one kid doesn't know how to pull me backwards. I will have to teach him pretty soon.

Captain, maybe overthinking but it was really the family day thing and SF has the boaters beach. We hang out at the island but as you said, dont go past the power lines.

captain planet
08-28-2009, 01:45 PM
Did you get out last night?

Double D
08-28-2009, 01:52 PM
Did you get out last night?

Nope! :( We have gone out before without a third but the brother seemed to lose interest once his friends couldn't go. Bummer thing was we were gonna do some boom barefooting.

Now we have rain for tonight and tomorrow morning and Sunday is chilly....... Unless it changes.

When were you going to be out looking for old moe?

captain planet
08-28-2009, 03:16 PM
Sometime tomorrow whenever I can get my brother to take me out in his boat and find it. Probably won't be until afternoon sometime.

captain planet
08-31-2009, 12:25 PM
Well I was out and found Big Moe on Saturday with my brother. It was 4.45 feet below the water. The elevation on Sunday was 1019.43, which makes Moe's elevation 1014.98. Basically 1015. Getting scary. :( The party is almost over.

Double D
09-01-2009, 08:56 AM
Well I was out and found Big Moe on Saturday with my brother. It was 4.45 feet below the water. The elevation on Sunday was 1019.43, which makes Moe's elevation 1014.98. Basically 1015. Getting scary. :( The party is almost over.

Very scary. Good to know. I would like to know why the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers dont mark these danger spots. Any clue on that since you have been a user for so long?

We went to Salt Fork on Sunday morning due to temperature and elevation and once again the wind screwed it all up. :mad: But it was sunny down there.

captain planet
09-01-2009, 09:21 AM
Sunday sucked. Wind chopped, low water...what a mess. I still got a couple slalom passes in, but no footing.

USACE marks BIG hazards like the road enbutment just past the 225 bridge and the large point that comes out to the east of the Bonner Road ramp by the dam. Once the water gets to this point it would be impossible to mark everything. One weekend left, the party is basically over.

We will try to be out this weekend. I want to get in one more backwards footin pass before I pack it in for the season. It will have to be early to get any good water.

Double D
09-01-2009, 09:59 AM
Not sure about this weekend for me. My son has a double header fall baseball on Saturday. Brother talked about a family day....:rolleyes:

However, unlike you and your busy schedule, we have a good month to 2 months of skiing left in our schedule, maybe 3 to 5 more times, depending on the weather. I would like to see some heavy rain for a week to bring Berlin up but dont expect it. Need a few hurricane rains going threw.

captain planet
09-01-2009, 10:47 AM
Not sure about this weekend for me. My son has a double header fall baseball on Saturday. Brother talked about a family day....:rolleyes:

However, unlike you and your busy schedule, we have a good month to 2 months of skiing left in our schedule, maybe 3 to 5 more times, depending on the weather. I would like to see some heavy rain for a week to bring Berlin up but dont expect it. Need a few hurricane rains going threw.

Like in either 07 or 06 when the lake came up 7.5+ feet in 2 days!

Double D
09-01-2009, 10:58 AM
Like in either 07 or 06 when the lake came up 7.5+ feet in 2 days!

Yep, that was the time. We were skiing there through September. Ouch, I think it was 06 because September 07 is when I broke my ankle wakeboarding in area 3.

captain planet
09-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Winterizing and bringing the boat home this weekend. :cry::cry: You still going out in sections 2 and 3 and skiing Double D?

Double D
09-10-2009, 01:44 PM
Winterizing and bringing the boat home this weekend. :cry::cry: You still going out in sections 2 and 3 and skiing Double D?

Man, that really sucks!! :( We have been out one family day and one ski day in the last 2 weeks and they were both to Salt Fork. Surprisingly the ski trip went well. It was the Friday evening before labor day and we actually were able to barefoot around 7 PM. I was totally surprised. :rolleyes:

Still planning more trips but not to Berlin. If I cant ski in the river, I tend to avoid the sand bars in areas 2.

Want me to let you know if we ever need a third this fall??

captain planet
09-10-2009, 01:54 PM
THat's cool, but to be honest I won't be free until around Oct. 28th or so because of the business. Unless you are skiing after that date my season is probably done.....but you never know.

84 stars-n-stripes
09-10-2009, 03:17 PM
I own a 1984 Stars and Stripes. We live 5 miles from lake Erie, but trailer ours to Shennago Lake PA about an hour. How is Berlin Lake? Is is "water skiing friendly?"

Double D
09-10-2009, 03:33 PM
I own a 1984 Stars and Stripes. We live 5 miles from lake Erie, but trailer ours to Shennago Lake PA about an hour. How is Berlin Lake? Is is "water skiing friendly?"

Certain parts of the lake are real skier friendly since it is part of the river the feeds the lake. However, at this time of year you cant ski there because the lake is a reservior for flooding and the level of the lake is low. There are areas you can still go but if you dont know the lake, wait until the water is high or normal.

Let us know next year if you want to come down and we can show you around.

84 stars-n-stripes
09-10-2009, 04:03 PM
Good deal i will keep that in mind. We ski all the way thru dec. on Shennago so if you feel the urge to trailer it a bit, meet up with us on the lake. its a great lake with nice ramps and clean water with no floaters. We barefoot- so late in the season is prime when all the other boats are out of the water

Double D
09-10-2009, 04:54 PM
Good deal i will keep that in mind. We ski all the way thru dec. on Shennago so if you feel the urge to trailer it a bit, meet up with us on the lake. its a great lake with nice ramps and clean water with no floaters. We barefoot- so late in the season is prime when all the other boats are out of the water

OKIDOKI, Thanks!

Double D
09-27-2009, 08:29 PM
Well, Friday was September 25th here in Northeast Ohio and we went out Wakeboarding. The air temp was 68 to 69 degrees and I believe the water temp was about the same. Since Berlin is low we went to Salt Fork and had another "short" evening of good luck with smooth water and few boats.
I hope its not the last time out this year but my lower back has been tweaked each of the last two times out and now I have to worry about that......sheesh.....:mad:

My son got his new Ronix wakeboard, pretty sweet. Early Birthday present. Real early.:rolleyes:

c_craig
09-27-2009, 09:40 PM
Yep. We played hookey on Friday and spent the day on the lake while the kids were at school:D. West Branch was nice, a little breeze, but good water by the dam. Last sky ski run for the year (I think).

Double D
10-02-2009, 04:17 PM
Yep. We played hookey on Friday and spent the day on the lake while the kids were at school:D. West Branch was nice, a little breeze, but good water by the dam. Last sky ski run for the year (I think).

Very Nice! No playing hookie today with the rainy 56 degree weather around here. I was hoping for more time this year but not sure if the weather, or my back, will cooperate. Found myself cleaning EVERYTHING out of the boat last night and making a list of things that need to be done to it before next season.... :(

c_craig
10-03-2009, 07:04 AM
Found myself cleaning EVERYTHING out of the boat last night and making a list of things that need to be done to it before next season.... :(

Doing the same today.

captain planet
10-19-2009, 01:13 PM

DoubleD, Big moe is out of the water by .33 feet now. Todays elevation 1014.65.

Double D
10-19-2009, 01:33 PM
DoubleD, Big moe is out of the water by .33 feet now. Todays elevation 1014.65.

And what where you doing out there?? Is that area even deep enough anymore?
Finally had to winterize the boat(s) on Saturday. Guess I am officially done this year.:mad:

captain planet
10-19-2009, 03:40 PM
And what where you doing out there?? Is that area even deep enough anymore?
Finally had to winterize the boat(s) on Saturday. Guess I am officially done this year.:mad:

Yea, I winterized on Saturday as well.

I wasn't out there, I just saw how low the water is right now and made me think of where Big moe is right now with respect to water elevation. If it gets lower I'd like to go out and walk around and check things out.

Double D
10-19-2009, 04:34 PM
Yea, I winterized on Saturday as well.

I wasn't out there, I just saw how low the water is right now and made me think of where Big moe is right now with respect to water elevation. If it gets lower I'd like to go out and walk around and check things out.

I have always wanted to do that as well. I have pictures (below) from the dirt ram over the bridge by the airport that I took a few years back (2004) when I redid my trailer. The first 3 pics are from that area while the forth is the island looking off 225 and the fifth is looking the other way. Is that an old roadbed out there??:confused:

captain planet
10-19-2009, 04:51 PM
I have always wanted to do that as well. I have pictures (below) from the dirt ram over the bridge by the airport that I took a few years back (2004) when I redid my trailer. The first 3 pics are from that area while the forth is the island looking off 225 and the fifth is looking the other way. Is that an old roadbed out there??:confused:

Yea, they actually put a "Danger" bouy on that one all year long. You will see guys fishing that thing all the time.

I'm going to try to get out there if I can and take some pictures. Casx2, you interested in going out there and looking around for an afternoon say, in mid November?

Double D
10-21-2009, 06:29 PM
Updated pictures of the lake from today. Its lower now than in December 2004. Same area.:(

Can you all believe there is 5' to 10' of water in this area typically and we Ski here most of the year??:( I wonder who put up the sign....

Captain, I need to get some pictures of Big Moe. Let me know if you go in November.

captain planet
10-22-2009, 09:43 AM
Updated pictures of the lake from today. Its lower now than in December 2004. Same area.:(

Can you all believe there is 5' to 10' of water in this area typically and we Ski here most of the year??:( I wonder who put up the sign....

Captain, I need to get some pictures of Big Moe. Let me know if you go in November.

My brother has a boat load of pictures from about 10-12 years ago when they ran around out there and marked all the structures for fishing. I asked him to get them out the next chance he gets so I can get a look at them. I will bug him again and scan a few of them in here when I get a chance.

I still would like to go out and walk around a bit to see some things.

D3skier
11-04-2009, 08:39 PM

at least you know if you loose something you can go searching for it in the fall. just bring your mud boots and a stick

Double D
11-06-2009, 03:19 PM
My brother has a boat load of pictures from about 10-12 years ago when they ran around out there and marked all the structures for fishing. I asked him to get them out the next chance he gets so I can get a look at them. I will bug him again and scan a few of them in here when I get a chance.

I still would like to go out and walk around a bit to see some things.

Yo Capitan!! have you figured out a day yet?? :D

captain planet
11-12-2009, 02:18 PM
Yo Capitan!! have you figured out a day yet?? :D

With all the rain we have had the water is actually up 9 inches from that last post. It would actually be better to go out when it is frozen so the mud is a little more firm. I'm watching it every day.

Double D
11-12-2009, 03:39 PM
With all the rain we have had the water is actually up 9 inches from that last post. It would actually be better to go out when it is frozen so the mud is a little more firm. I'm watching it every day.

Rain?? What rain? Down here is Massillon I don't remember having rain for over a week now...:confused:

Firm is good!!:rolleyes:

captain planet
11-20-2009, 03:56 PM
1014.72 now, was 1014.58 on 10-23. Calling for 1014.4 on Monday. Looks like if it works out I may try to go out over t-day break.

Double D
11-24-2009, 09:36 PM
1014.72 now, was 1014.58 on 10-23. Calling for 1014.4 on Monday. Looks like if it works out I may try to go out over t-day break.

Let me know. It will be a busy weekend but you never know. 4-wheelers allowed? :rolleyes:

captain planet
11-25-2009, 09:35 AM
I didn't think about 4 wheelers as I don't have one, but with the rain they are calling for, it doesn't look good.

1014.18 and falling...

Double D
11-25-2009, 10:35 AM
I didn't think about 4 wheelers as I don't have one, but with the rain they are calling for, it doesn't look good.

1014.18 and falling...

Yeah, rain... Hell, my 4-wheeler would probrably get stuck in the mud anyway..:rolleyes:

captain planet
03-15-2010, 11:35 AM
Hey, we are above summer pool right now!!! Wanna go footin'? :D

Double D
03-15-2010, 11:47 AM
Hey, we are above summer pool right now!!! Wanna go footin'? :D

1024.22 and rising!! Sweet!! Who's boat?? :D

On a somewhat related note, my brother is considering getting an open bow and has his 1999 Ski Nautique on the market. Someone from Pittsburgh is interested and their "could" be a possibility for a test drive soon. That would be the time and place for a few BF runs!!

captain planet
03-15-2010, 12:18 PM
Is your brother looking at a PS 214?

Double D
03-15-2010, 01:08 PM
Is your brother looking at a PS 214?

LOL! Your kidding right?? He is all CorrectCraft. He is looking for a 99/00 Air Nautique with most of the stuff (PP,Tower, Ballast) already installed. Someone selling a 214?

captain planet
03-15-2010, 01:27 PM
Not that I know of. I was just hoping you might influence your brother a little, you know, tell him if he gets an MC he can sit at the cool kids table at lunch. :rolleyes:

Double D
03-15-2010, 02:15 PM
I would do that but he isn't that cool and talks to much. :D

There is a nice 99 Air in Texas he has his eye on, but it all depends on selling his. However, if his doesn't sell, it doesn't sell. He won't be heart broken.

I'm kinda hoping the guy from PIT wants to see it. Give me a chance to get on the water early....

Double D
04-02-2010, 12:54 PM
Captain,

1024.62 and rising, 80 degree day, we are heading to the lake. :D What do you think the water temperature is, 60??:(

captain planet
04-02-2010, 03:36 PM
Captain,

1024.62 and rising, 80 degree day, we are heading to the lake. :D What do you think the water temperature is, 60??:(

If you're lucky. I'm guessing a little closer to 45 or 50. Put it this way, I skiied behind the 214 the year it came out on May 3rd; the air temp was 50, and the water temp was 50. You definately will want a wet suit......and DON'T fall!!!

Oh, and watch for floating debris this time of year. You don't want to start off the year with a 'BANG' :(.

Double D
04-02-2010, 09:07 PM
If you're lucky. I'm guessing a little closer to 45 or 50. Put it this way, I skiied behind the 214 the year it came out on May 3rd; the air temp was 50, and the water temp was 50. You definately will want a wet suit......and DON'T fall!!!

Oh, and watch for floating debris this time of year. You don't want to start off the year with a 'BANG' :(.

May 3rd? I guess I can claim April 2nd. Air temperature was 80, water temperature was ...... 55 degrees!! Cold babay!!

As for debris, most of it was at the beginning of the channel. Everywhere else was a stick here and there.

Cant wait for the next day.

c_craig
04-03-2010, 08:39 AM
May 3rd? I guess I can claim April 2nd. Air temperature was 80, water temperature was ...... 55 degrees!! Cold babay!!

As for debris, most of it was at the beginning of the channel. Everywhere else was a stick here and there.

Cant wait for the next day.

Impressive! Can't wait to get out, but my crew isn't that brave.

captain planet
04-24-2010, 11:30 AM
Hey Double D, my brother finally got me his pictures of the lake and all the stumps down the ski lane on Berlin. Uh, pretty scary. I will post a picture of Big Moe when I get a chance. The Lattitude and longitude are on the pictures so I have to figure out how to remove it. That was the deal I have made with my brother since these are some of his fishing spots.

Double D
04-24-2010, 12:13 PM
Hey Double D, my brother finally got me his pictures of the lake and all the stumps down the ski lane on Berlin. Uh, pretty scary. I will post a picture of Big Moe when I get a chance. The Lattitude and longitude are on the pictures so I have to figure out how to remove it. That was the deal I have made with my brother since these are some of his fishing spots.

CP, Sounds great! I look forward to seeing the pictures. It will be an interesting challenge to try to remove.

Double D
06-21-2010, 09:03 AM
CP, Sounds great! I look forward to seeing the pictures. It will be an interesting challenge to try to remove.

Bump!!

Yo CP!! Never did see those pictures!!

BTW, I saw your boat parked at your dock and a bunch of people hanging out when I cruised by about 1:30 on Sunday but didn't see you out and about. Did the boat even make it out of the dock? The three large areas were crappy but the channel wasn't bad...

captain planet
06-21-2010, 01:47 PM
Bump!!

Yo CP!! Never did see those pictures!!

BTW, I saw your boat parked at your dock and a bunch of people hanging out when I cruised by about 1:30 on Sunday but didn't see you out and about. Did the boat even make it out of the dock? The three large areas were crappy but the channel wasn't bad...

Oh yea, I forgot to bring those in and post them. I'll dig them up and bring in a couple.

My boat better not have been in the water on Sunday because I was in Tennessee on Norris for the weekend!!! I guess I'll have to hide the keys a little better next time. We will be out this weekend.

Double D
06-21-2010, 02:12 PM
Oh yea, I forgot to bring those in and post them. I'll dig them up and bring in a couple.

My boat better not have been in the water on Sunday because I was in Tennessee on Norris for the weekend!!! I guess I'll have to hide the keys a little better next time. We will be out this weekend.

Oops! Maybe it wasn't yours. All I saw was from the rub-rail up so it was probably the other MC. Glad I didn't drive over and ask for "The Captain" :o

This weekend for me depends on BHM. I picked up my boat on Thursday after they worked on it and now it runs worse than what it did. The idle goes up and down constantly and stalls when I put it in gear if I catch it when the idle is down. Very sad!!:(

captain planet
06-21-2010, 02:19 PM
Oops! Maybe it wasn't yours. All I saw was from the rub-rail up so it was probably the other MC. Glad I didn't drive over and ask for "The Captain" :o

This weekend for me depends on BHM. I picked up my boat on Thursday after they worked on it and now it runs worse than what it did. The idle goes up and down constantly and stalls when I put it in gear if I catch it when the idle is down. Very sad!!:(

That stinks. I hope they get it ironed out for you. Don is pretty good at fixing most anything, he'll get it straight.

If you're out this weekend on your brothers boat and you want a pull behind an MC, flag us down! ;)

ridefst
06-21-2010, 02:47 PM
Just poking my head in :)
I'm just west of Massillon a bit, but I generally head down to Tappen instead of north to Berlin/Westbranch/etc.
Was camping/boating at Tappan last weekend, but so was everybody else; water was very crowded!

Double D
06-21-2010, 03:40 PM
Just poking my head in :)
I'm just west of Massillon a bit, but I generally head down to Tappen instead of north to Berlin/Westbranch/etc.
Was camping/boating at Tappan last weekend, but so was everybody else; water was very crowded!

Welcome to our little thread. My brother lives on the West side of Massillon. How far West do you live?

I tried Tappan way back in the 90's and not only was the HP to low (which I believe they raised that) but the ski area was just one large open area, correct?

We opt for Berlin due to the channel, which is what people call it. It is more like a river so you get less cross wakes and better water, depending on who is there. For example, I was there on Sunday and at noon we could still get is some decent wakeboard runs, even though we had one local tubing up and down the entire place. The other large area's were all waked up and crappy due to traffic.

There are some area's you need to avoid once the water drops but you can always learn that, and when its time to avoid the area all together. Just let us know if you ever want to wander on up while one of us is there.

I don't go to Westbranch or Milton based on all of the above.

Double D
06-21-2010, 11:34 PM
That stinks. I hope they get it ironed out for you. Don is pretty good at fixing most anything, he'll get it straight.

If you're out this weekend on your brothers boat and you want a pull behind an MC, flag us down! ;)

I hope so. I took it up tonight so lets hope they figure it out. Its hard for me to know if its really running perfect because the only boat engine I can compare it to is my brothers pure full injected one in his Nautique. Yes, his runs great and right now mine does not.

If I do make it out and see you, we'll flag you down so you can see the new boat. :D Its loaded!!

captain planet
06-22-2010, 05:29 PM
I hope so. I took it up tonight so lets hope they figure it out. Its hard for me to know if its really running perfect because the only boat engine I can compare it to is my brothers pure full injected one in his Nautique. Yes, his runs great and right now mine does not.

If I do make it out and see you, we'll flag you down so you can see the new boat. :D Its loaded!!

You got a new boat????

Double D
06-22-2010, 08:28 PM
You got a new boat????

No not me, but it is tempting with my boat running poorly. My brother sold his 99 SN and upgraded to a 2004 SN 206 SE fully loaded, black on white. Nice boat! He gets out almost every Friday with friends.

Double D
06-25-2010, 10:17 AM

Well I called last night and Don told me it was in the Bull-pen, which means its been sitting up there 4 days and has not been touched. I know their busy but that is frustrating to me since I thought I would get top billing on my return problem. I know I am not at the back of the bus but I am not sitting in the front seat either....

BTW, I was supposed to go up on by brother SN this afternoon but that looks like it was moved to Sunday morning. You said you were going to be out there this weekend so we'll make sure we stop you and say hi so you can check out the new ride. I know your all MC but your also a true believer in quality inboard ski boats and that is what this is.

Let me know if you'll be around.

captain planet
06-25-2010, 11:49 AM
Well I called last night and Don told me it was in the Bull-pen, which means its been sitting up there 4 days and has not been touched. I know their busy but that is frustrating to me since I thought I would get top billing on my return problem. I know I am not at the back of the bus but I am not sitting in the front seat either....

BTW, I was supposed to go up on by brother SN this afternoon but that looks like it was moved to Sunday morning. You said you were going to be out there this weekend so we'll make sure we stop you and say hi so you can check out the new ride. I know your all MC but your also a true believer in quality inboard ski boats and that is what this is.

Let me know if you'll be around.

Unless the weather sucks, we'll be out Sunday morning for some footin' and slalom. We'll either be in my boat or my buddies red 197.

That sucks to be boatless....but on the otherhand as long as your brother has a boat, you aren't burning any of your gas....even if it is a SN!

Double D
06-27-2010, 09:00 PM
Unless the weather sucks, we'll be out Sunday morning for some footin' and slalom. We'll either be in my boat or my buddies red 197.

That sucks to be boatless....but on the otherhand as long as your brother has a boat, you aren't burning any of your gas....even if it is a SN!

Good seeing you this morning even though I thought you were driving away from us for a reason. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your day. We were out of there and heading to the ramp about 30 minutes after that.

I forgot to mention, did you see that white and yellow Ski Tique that is docked up by the island at 225? That was my brothers first boat. He bought it in Jacksonville, FL when he was in the Marines and towed it up here. Sold it off to the guy that lives over there and then bought his 99 SN. Now he has the 2004.

Also, you should have seen what we saw at the ramp when we were pulling out. A black X80 getting ready to put in. You didn't happen to see that thing out on the lake later did you?? Have you seen that before on Berlin or know who it is?

Talk at you later. I have to get on BHM, this weekend is July 4th!!! I need my BOAT!!!

captain planet
06-28-2010, 12:58 PM
Good seeing you guys as well. I hadn't noticed you guys until I looked back and saw you headed our way. We had a rough morning with the kids and got a late start.

I have seen that yellow Ski Tique has been on Berlin for as long as I can remember.

The black X-80 has been out a few times over the last couple of years. There is also an X-45 that rolls around quite a little bit as well. Sharp boat, has silver flake with black. I don't see that boat down on the river very often, mostly up between 14 and 224 bridges.

I hope Don gets your boat done. We stayed out there last night and when I rolled past BHM this morning I took a close look in the yard for your boat. I didn't see it as I was sitting at the light. Maybe it's in one of the bays. If they don't have it done, ask them for a loaner X-14V that is in the showroom! Or maybe the yellow 2005 197 out front.

Double D
06-28-2010, 01:27 PM
Good seeing you guys as well. I hadn't noticed you guys until I looked back and saw you headed our way. We had a rough morning with the kids and got a late start.

I have seen that yellow Ski Tique has been on Berlin for as long as I can remember.

The black X-80 has been out a few times over the last couple of years. There is also an X-45 that rolls around quite a little bit as well. Sharp boat, has silver flake with black. I don't see that boat down on the river very often, mostly up between 14 and 224 bridges.

I hope Don gets your boat done. We stayed out there last night and when I rolled past BHM this morning I took a close look in the yard for your boat. I didn't see it as I was sitting at the light. Maybe it's in one of the bays. If they don't have it done, ask them for a loaner X-14V that is in the showroom! Or maybe the yellow 2005 197 out front.

Makes me wonder if the first times you saw the Ski Tique on Berlin it was me and my brother. He sold it around 1998 or 1999, so we were on the lake from 1991 to that time.

So you think BHM would provide me with a loaner for the weekend if they dont get mine done? I never thought of that! That x14 would look good behind my truck. I think the x-14V is gone...

captain planet
06-28-2010, 02:21 PM
Makes me wonder if the first times you saw the Ski Tique on Berlin it was me and my brother. He sold it around 1998 or 1999, so we were on the lake from 1991 to that time.

So you think BHM would provide me with a loaner for the weekend if they dont get mine done? I never thought of that! That x14 would look good behind my truck. I think the x-14V is gone...

It probably was you. The guy that owns it now I think is a teacher or principal. I can remember seeing that boat around the time I graduated high school in 1992.

That 14V they had was sharp in that blue flake. I think the X-14 they have there is red flake. Red isn't my first nor second choice, but for a loaner for the weekend I'll take any color.

As for the loaner.....uh....um....I guess I can't say it wasn't my idea since Chris will probably read this. I'll let you float that one by them.

captain planet
06-30-2010, 08:47 AM
Dave, I could swear I saw your boat in one of the bays when I drove past BHM this morning.

Double D
06-30-2010, 05:52 PM
Dave, I could swear I saw your boat in one of the bays when I drove past BHM this morning.

Captain, yep, I got the call yesterday from Don saying he dug into it for about 4 hours and replaced stuff around and about the throttle body. Dried hose, cracked gasket, etc. He says that it sounds like its running good, and looks like its running smooth, but he is just not 100% comfortable. He says he feels a shake in the tower?? I know my tower is tight so thats why he is bothered. I told him I know how he feels.

Anyway, I plan to pick it up Thursday. Maybe afternoon and run it to Berlin real fast and see what happens, or evening and try it next time I am out. If I can do afternoon then I can take it back up if there are still problems. My only problem is my brother has planned a fishing trip tomorrow and cant help me. Yeah, I was laughing too....

Guess I will figure it out tomorrow. Thanks for checking and letting me know!

Double D
07-02-2010, 10:42 AM
CP,

Went out last night after picking up the boat.

Check out my new thread:
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=36482

Any advice??

captain planet
02-28-2011, 12:56 PM
Hey Double D......Berlin is projected to be at summer pool by Thursday!!!

Double D
02-28-2011, 02:18 PM
Hey Double D......Berlin is projected to be at summer pool by Thursday!!!

With all the rain we had last night and the melting snow, I am not surprised at all! Time to get the boats out?? :rolleyes:

Mgboyd25
02-28-2011, 04:45 PM
Got a little Berlin Roots here too. Before a buddy and I joined Stillwater we would set our insta slalom up back in the river area by the island. Some of the best skiing out there!!

Double D
02-28-2011, 05:52 PM
Got a little Berlin Roots here too. Before a buddy and I joined Stillwater we would set our insta slalom up back in the river area by the island. Some of the best skiing out there!!

My brother and I are there as much as possible. The river area is the location.

captain planet
03-01-2011, 12:15 PM

I remember seeing that set up back in that corner. How did that go over with the army corps and the boys from ODNR?

captain planet
03-01-2011, 12:31 PM
With all the rain we had last night and the melting snow, I am not surprised at all! Time to get the boats out?? :rolleyes:

As of 7:00 a.m. Berlin is .02 feet above summer pool......in ONE day it filled up 8 feet! Now if I could just find my drysuit........

Mgboyd25
03-01-2011, 12:49 PM
I remember seeing that set up back in that corner. How did that go over with the army corps and the boys from ODNR?

When we were skiing out there a lot we were all still in college. We would ski during the day and work at night and on the weekends so we never really ran into the law. The army corp did show up one morning and had no issue with the course but just asked that we always had it removed by Friday afternoon before the weekend crowds came out.
We stayed in a cabin on the other side of the bridge back by the river. No running water but a fridge full of cold beer:)

Double D
03-01-2011, 01:49 PM
As of 7:00 a.m. Berlin is .02 feet above summer pool......in ONE day it filled up 8 feet! Now if I could just find my drysuit........

8 feet in one day. Thats crazy!
Always wanted to invest in a drysuit but never did. Boat is usable now though...
Here are some pictures of the difference at the two ramps.

Pic#1 - High Water at Public Ramp - You cant see the Orange poles.
Pic#2 - Medium Water at Public Ramp.
Pic#3 - High water at Camping Ramp. I am next to the telephone pole that is behind my truck in Pic#4
Pic#4 - Medium Water at Camping Ramp.

I cant find low water pictures, yet...

Mgboyd25
03-01-2011, 02:31 PM

I tore :(one of my leg seals on thanksgiving this year and never got around to getting it fixed... shoot

captain planet
03-01-2011, 03:00 PM
8 feet in one day. Thats crazy!
Always wanted to invest in a drysuit but never did. Boat is usable now though...
Here are some pictures of the difference at the two ramps.

Pic#1 - High Water at Public Ramp - You cant see the Orange poles.
Pic#2 - Medium Water at Public Ramp.
Pic#3 - High water at Camping Ramp. I am next to the telephone pole that is behind my truck in Pic#4
Pic#4 - Medium Water at Camping Ramp.

I cant find low water pictures, yet...

Those first two pics are at the ramp by the dam, correct?

Double D
03-01-2011, 03:05 PM
Those first two pics are at the ramp by the dam, correct?

Correct sir, by the dam. The water has been lower, like this past fall, but I have never seen it higher.

captain planet
03-01-2011, 03:47 PM
Correct sir, by the dam. The water has been lower, like this past fall, but I have never seen it higher.

In 1996 the water went over the dam for the second time since it was built. That was pretty interesting to see.

TX.X-30 fan
03-01-2011, 06:53 PM
In 1996 the water went over the dam for the second time since it was built. That was pretty interesting to see.

That was the height of global warming, we should be ok now............:D

captain planet
03-02-2011, 09:23 AM
That was the height of global warming, we should be ok now............:D

Oh, the height of global warming has yet to come my friend.......;)

captain planet
03-03-2011, 03:36 PM
Now Berlin is almost 2 feet above summer pool as of 7:00 this morning.

Double D
03-03-2011, 04:23 PM
Now Berlin is almost 2 feet above summer pool as of 7:00 this morning.

Yeah, Brother called in yesterday. What is Summer pool again??

captain planet
03-08-2011, 12:39 PM
Yeah, Brother called in yesterday. What is Summer pool again??

As of this morning Berlin was 1029.48....less than 2 feet from going over the top of the dam!

Here is a link to the USACE site which posts daily reservior levels for the pittsburg district.

Double D
03-08-2011, 09:23 PM

As of this morning Berlin was 1029.48....less than 2 feet from going over the top of the dam!

Here is a link to the USACE site which posts daily reservior levels for the pittsburg district.

I'm confused... :confused: Summer poll is the top of the damn?

captain planet
03-10-2011, 12:54 PM
I'm confused... :confused: Summer poll is the top of the damn?

No, summer pool is 1024.00. As of 7:00 this morning the lake is at 1030.05.....6 feet ABOVE summer pool....or 1.25 feet from going over the top of the dam. And it has been raining today since about 6 this morning. A bunch of rain tonight and 6-10 inches of snow predicted into tomorrow......then rain and 40 on Saturday. Maybe worth a trip out to the dam to see it go over the top. :( I can't see how they will stop it at this point....this is a CRAZY amount of rain. They are letting out 1950 cfs of water......that's 14,586 gallons per second of water through the dam....or 875,160 gallons per minute!

Double D
03-10-2011, 02:54 PM
No, summer pool is 1024.00. As of 7:00 this morning the lake is at 1030.05.....6 feet ABOVE summer pool....or 1.25 feet from going over the top of the dam. And it has been raining today since about 6 this morning. A bunch of rain tonight and 6-10 inches of snow predicted into tomorrow......then rain and 40 on Saturday. Maybe worth a trip out to the dam to see it go over the top. :( I can't see how they will stop it at this point....this is a CRAZY amount of rain. They are letting out 1950 cfs of water......that's 14,586 gallons per second of water through the dam....or 875,160 gallons per minute!

Definitely worth the trip. It would be more worth it if BHM had my back seat finished from being skinned..... Maybe share a ride...

New house OK, no flooding there?

muskingumriverdocks
03-10-2011, 04:32 PM

I'm in Marietta,Ohio and the Muskingum River is bank full but holding. The Ohio River as of 4pm was 32.06' with the crest predicted @39.04' .Normal river level is around 16'. 41' will put the river inside our antique shop on Front St.

Double D
03-10-2011, 05:11 PM
I'm in Marietta,Ohio and the Muskingum River is bank full but holding. The Ohio River as of 4pm was 32.06' with the crest predicted @39.04' .Normal river level is around 16'. 41' will put the river inside our antique shop on Front St.

Ouch! Hope it all works out for you down there.

cf_koch
03-10-2011, 06:42 PM
Does anybody know if West Branch and Milton are as high as Berlin? If they are I hope everything goes alright for everybody along the Ohio River and its tributaries.

muskingumriverdocks
03-11-2011, 03:34 AM
Ouch! Hope it all works out for you down there.

Thanks, Just kind of a wait and see game right now. I'll make a decision at noon wheather to start packing.

muskingumriverdocks
03-11-2011, 03:46 AM
Does anybody know if West Branch and Milton are as high as Berlin? If they are I hope everything goes alright for everybody along the Ohio River and its tributaries.

Here are a couple good sites I use to watch the water levels. I like the NOAA site best it gives a prediction. The USGS site I use to watch the discharge on the lakes for the Muskingum Water Shed District.
http://water.weather.gov/ahps/
http://waterdata.usgs.gov/usa/nwis/rt

captain planet
03-11-2011, 03:18 PM
Definitely worth the trip. It would be more worth it if BHM had my back seat finished from being skinned..... Maybe share a ride...

New house OK, no flooding there?

1031.27.......0.03 feet from the top! It has to be going over. :(

New house is great, love it. No flooding here.

captain planet
03-11-2011, 03:21 PM

Milton is 2' short of summer pool and West Branch is almost 3 feet over summer pool. They are really starting to dump Berlin now and forecast Milton to dump a bunch about 2 days behind Berlin, so look for Milton to rise nearly a foot over the next couple days. There isn't much storage in Milton as there is in Berlin.

cf_koch
03-11-2011, 08:09 PM
That is what I was thinking and knowing that Berlin flowes into Milton I was wondering where all this water will go. If this weather continues, there could be quite a mess in the near future. I hope this rain / snow stops before too many people's property gets damaged.

cf_koch
03-11-2011, 08:13 PM
Here are a couple good sites I use to watch the water levels. I like the NOAA site best it gives a prediction. The USGS site I use to watch the discharge on the lakes for the Muskingum Water Shed District.
http://water.weather.gov/ahps/
http://waterdata.usgs.gov/usa/nwis/rt

Thanks for the info. If I have time this weekend, I think I may drive out to the tri-lake region to see the water levels for my self.

Which Muskingum Lakes do you use? We go to Seneca occasionally and used to go to Tapan at least once a year as a kid.

muskingumriverdocks
03-12-2011, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the info. If I have time this weekend, I think I may drive out to the tri-lake region to see the water levels for my self.

Which Muskingum Lakes do you use? We go to Seneca occasionally and used to go to Tapan at least once a year as a kid.

We are on the Muskingum River at Marietta. Have really never boated on the lakes, just rely on them for flood control.

Double D
03-12-2011, 08:15 PM
Anyone go look at the dam today? I thought about it but mounted speakers and ran wires instead.

cf_koch
03-13-2011, 11:14 AM
We are on the Muskingum River at Marietta. Have really never boated on the lakes, just rely on them for flood control.

We occasionally launch at the ramp on the Muskingum near the Best Western and ski on the Ohio.

muskingumriverdocks
03-13-2011, 12:20 PM
We occasionally launch at the ramp on the Muskingum near the Best Western and ski on the Ohio.

See alot of skiers/wakeboarders these days from Akron/Canton area. I own the small docks just below the first bridge(Washington St. Bridge) coming from the boat ramp. If you ever stay down here and want to leave your boat in, we can fix you up. We live there in the summer on the red/white Sumerset. Stop by and say hi,would be nice to meet members in person.

Mgboyd25
03-13-2011, 02:49 PM
Ran out to Berlin to Check out the Dam and Boat Ramps Today

Mgboyd25
03-13-2011, 02:54 PM
Ramp Flooded

Mgboyd25
03-13-2011, 02:56 PM
Had to stop over by the River

muskingumriverdocks
03-13-2011, 03:31 PM
Had to stop over by the River

What river? The Ohio River crest at 37.34' last night and has went down about a foot today. The Muskingum will stay up until the lake levels get back down.

TX.X-30 fan
03-13-2011, 03:54 PM
Is the water always that clear.......:confused:

muskingumriverdocks
03-13-2011, 04:44 PM
Is the water always that clear.......:confused:

Not familiar with that area, but that's about normal for where I'm at. We don't call it the Mudskingum for nothing. I imagine high water conditions have muddied it up. Makes me think of Twain's quote about the Mississippi " To thick to navigate to thin to plow."

Mgboyd25
03-13-2011, 05:03 PM
I apologize there is just an area of Berlin Lake that gets alot more river like than the open portion of the lake that is sometimes referred to as the "river" No connection to the Ohio or anything else.
The water is normally a brownish/tan muddy color back there so it seemed pretty normal

TX.X-30 fan
03-13-2011, 05:32 PM
Not familiar with that area, but that's about normal for where I'm at. We don't call it the Mudskingum for nothing. I imagine high water conditions have muddied it up. Makes me think of Twain's quote about the Mississippi " To thick to navigate to thin to plow."

:D:D:D Too funny................ I used to live in Houston and all the water looked like that. I have been swimmng and playing in mud-hole lakes for years........;)

Double D
03-13-2011, 05:56 PM
Ramp Flooded

Mgboyd25, Wow, thats deep. Definitely would be swimming to get to the dock on that ramp shot. I have never seen it that deep.

Was the one shot of the Island? Or should I say "The Trees" that are sitting on the island?

Thanks for posting these up.

BTW, love the tow rig! :rolleyes: How does that pull your 197?? :D:D

Mgboyd25
03-13-2011, 06:02 PM
Haha that thing is a cream puff, 36 mpg, really helps bring the gas bill down in the summer!
I have a dodge dakota to tow the boat right now ill have to post a photo in the tow/rig section when the boat is out of storage

captain planet
03-14-2011, 01:21 PM
Ran out to Berlin to Check out the Dam and Boat Ramps Today

USACE had the level on Saturday of 1031.58, or .28' over the top of the dam. By the looks of the dam they didn't even have the emergency spillways open. Did it look like the water had gone over the top? The lake level says it should have.

Mgboyd25
03-14-2011, 09:01 PM
I was talking to one of the reporters taking pictures of the dam and he said it was 8 inches from going over, I went on Sunday so Im not sure how high it was Saturday. I feel like it had to be higher on Saturday right?

captain planet
03-14-2011, 09:22 PM
I was talking to one of the reporters taking pictures of the dam and he said it was 8 inches from going over, I went on Sunday so Im not sure how high it was Saturday. I feel like it had to be higher on Saturday right?

Yea, if I understand correctly (which I may not be) 1031.30 is full pool.....or the top of the dam. If it was 1031.58 then it should have been going over.

cf_koch
03-14-2011, 09:35 PM
See alot of skiers/wakeboarders these days from Akron/Canton area. I own the small docks just below the first bridge(Washington St. Bridge) coming from the boat ramp. If you ever stay down here and want to leave your boat in, we can fix you up. We live there in the summer on the red/white Sumerset. Stop by and say hi,would be nice to meet members in person.

I will be sure to do that. I'm envious of you being able to live on the water.

Mgboyd25
03-20-2011, 09:35 AM
Does anyone know if the water has began to go down. Have been living under a rock due to tax season so I havent been able to check

muskingumriverdocks
03-20-2011, 10:57 AM
Does anyone know if the water has began to go down. Have been living under a rock due to tax season so I havent been able to check

The Ohio and Muskingum are steadily dropping. The Muskingum very slowly due to the reservoir levels. Was up through Boliver a couple days ago and the Tuscarawas was really up.

Mgboyd25
03-20-2011, 11:01 AM
Yeah I heard bolivar was flooded, my dad said the golf course off 77 looked like a lake

Double D
03-20-2011, 11:12 AM

As of Friday it was at 1029.69 and dropping. Close to 2' down from where it was.

Need to get a bit warmer and get out there!!

Mgboyd25
03-20-2011, 11:26 AM
As of Friday it was at 1029.69 and dropping. Close to 2' down from where it was.

Need to get a bit warmer and get out there!!

Amen!! Im so ready to start skiing!

captain planet
03-20-2011, 12:35 PM

Well,I'm in Sarasota right now:D.....but according to the USACE website the level is down to 1028.48.....or still 4.5 feet above summer pool.

Mgboyd25
03-20-2011, 06:14 PM
Well,I'm in Sarasota right now:D.....but according to the USACE website the level is down to 1028.48.....or still 4.5 feet above summer pool.
Getting any spring training in?

captain planet
03-24-2011, 02:21 PM
Getting any spring training in?

Not unless you consider fishing and drinking spring training. :D

Double D
03-24-2011, 03:00 PM
Not unless you consider fishing and drinking spring training. :D

Its definitely a start! :D

Mgboyd25
03-24-2011, 09:06 PM
Haha whatever works!

megapea
04-11-2011, 10:16 AM
I live over in North Lima, Ohio. I bought my 1999 Mastercraft Maristar 230VRS two years ago at BHM Trilakes. We have never been to Berlin reservoir. We put in at either Lake Milton, or West Branch, and at Conneaut Lake, PA where my Aunt has a lake front home. I would love to try out Berlin this year! Is there any particular place I should put in, or know about, before I venture there? Thanks in advance for any information you can give me!

captain planet
04-11-2011, 10:31 AM
There is a ramp near the dam off of RT. 224. I think it is the Bonner Road ramp. As long as you get to Berlin before the month of August you are pretty safe as far as depth goes. After that either have a depth finder or have someone show you the areas to avoid once the water starts going down.

Double D
04-11-2011, 11:10 AM
I live over in North Lima, Ohio. I bought my 1999 Mastercraft Maristar 230VRS two years ago at BHM Trilakes. We have never been to Berlin reservoir. We put in at either Lake Milton, or West Branch, and at Conneaut Lake, PA where my Aunt has a lake front home. I would love to try out Berlin this year! Is there any particular place I should put in, or know about, before I venture there? Thanks in advance for any information you can give me!

Totally agree with Captain Planet. Here is a link to the Public ramp.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&ll=41.0339,-81.007712&spn=0.016154,0.024784&t=h&z=16&iwloc=0004a0a59644ec1001313&msid=206635921839676857172.0004a0a592deb70367f25

This will put you on the North end of the Lake. When you head South you will hit two additional large areas. Second area is once you pass under the 224 bridge, and third area is once you pass under the old rail bridge and before the Route 14 bridge. Once you go past Route 14 there are two no wake zones and and a small wake area before you hit the channel where we Ski. Once you loop around the channel a few turns you will see an island close to 225 bridge. I wouldn't go past that bridge since there is no skiiing and the water gets shallower as you continue Southwest.

Like the Captain said, once August hits or we have a dry summer you will need some further input on the sand bars in the second area or if you go past the Route 14 bridge.

Double D
04-11-2011, 11:35 AM
There is a ramp near the dam off of RT. 224. I think it is the Bonner Road ramp. As long as you get to Berlin before the month of August you are pretty safe as far as depth goes. After that either have a depth finder or have someone show you the areas to avoid once the water starts going down.

Hey Captain, my Son said there is a nice MC parked in a driveway up on Lake-O-Springs North of Portage and South of Strausser that I would like. I know you live up that way, have you seen it?

captain planet
04-11-2011, 12:07 PM
Hey Captain, my Son said there is a nice MC parked in a driveway up on Lake-O-Springs North of Portage and South of Strausser that I would like. I know you live up that way, have you seen it?

Right on Lake-O-Springs for sale? I haven't, but tomorrow I'll go out that way to work and see if I see it. What is it (model)?

Mgboyd25
04-11-2011, 12:19 PM
hey! I think that's over by me... I live in green close to the airport

Double D
04-11-2011, 12:35 PM
Right on Lake-O-Springs for sale? I haven't, but tomorrow I'll go out that way to work and see if I see it. What is it (model)?

It's not For Sale, that I know of. Just sitting in the drive. Red with a tower...

captain planet
04-11-2011, 12:36 PM
It's not For Sale, that I know of. Just sitting in the drive. Red with a tower...

I'll check it out.

captain planet
04-11-2011, 07:48 PM
I was up and down Lake-O-Springs twice and didn't see an MC. I saw a torn up pontoon boat, but no MC.

Footin
04-11-2011, 07:52 PM
I kinda miss Berlin, having Duke chase me down for his five dollar launch fee.

Is he still around?

Double D
04-11-2011, 08:14 PM
I was up and down Lake-O-Springs twice and didn't see an MC. I saw a torn up pontoon boat, but no MC.

Oops, I asked my son again and he said it was in the garage and the door was open. That would have been nice to know huh? :rolleyes: Sorry about that. Its there but its behind closed doors.

captain planet
04-11-2011, 09:11 PM
I kinda miss Berlin, having Duke chase me down for his five dollar launch fee.

Is he still around?

Yea, he is still there. I always thought there was more potential to his business than he was getting out of it. He had bu for a while but even with being on the water I thought he should be able to convert that to more boat sales and service.

Mgboyd25
05-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Did anyone make it out to Berlin this weekend? What's the water level looking like? I was out at stillwater this weekend and there was a lot of twigs and stuff floating around so I was thinkig Berlin must have a lot of Crap floating around from the flooding?

captain planet
05-02-2011, 09:20 AM
Water level is good. You can go anywhere you want with no fear. Water is really stirred up as expected. We put in our docks on Saturday and I didn't notice anything floating around, at least by our club.

Mgboyd25
05-02-2011, 09:50 AM
Where is your club at?

captain planet
05-02-2011, 10:28 AM
You ended you sentence with a preposition.....ha, ha.

We are just west of the RT. 14 bridge in the no wake zone.

Mgboyd25
05-03-2011, 08:31 AM
I neglect to prof-read when I type on my phone, sorry Charlie

captain planet
05-04-2011, 12:54 PM
The latest from the USACE on Berlin Lake water levels.

Classification: UNCLASSIFIEDCaveats: NONE

Tim, Would you please pass on to the Berlin Lake Association members thatBerlinLake is going to rise due to assisting the communities on the lower OhioRiver to try to save lives and property. Presently our lake level is1027.07and rising. I wanted to pass on this information so those owning docks,adjacent property, etc. can take preventive measures to secure theirproperty.

As you know the lower Ohio is approaching historic levels and newrecords maybe set in the upcoming weeks. This is an exceptional event requiringextraordinary efforts to reduce risks to impacted areas. PittsburghDistrict is operating our dams to assist in this flood fight.

Public safety is our primary concern. Protection of life and propertyisparamount. The Pittsburgh District dams and reservoirs are operating toholdback as much water as safely possible to reduce flooding impacts on thelowerOhio and to protect life and property.

As you know the primary purpose of our dams is to reduce floodingimpacts todownstream areas within the Ohio River and Lower Mississippi basins.Secondary purposes may include recreation, water supply, water qualityenhancement, but ultimately these dams were built to reduce floodingrisksand to protect life and property.

While assisting in this flood fight, water levels behind our dams willincrease. We are reducing discharges to minimum flows to retain as muchwater as possible. As a result, some of our recreation areas maybetemporarily impacted and may be closed for an extended period of time.

The Corps will monitor weather forecasts and continually assess thesituationto determine whether it may become necessary to begin releasing water toreduce levels behind our dams. I will continue to update you on thissituation either weekly or when a change has occurred.

Thank you for the great clean-up. My maintenance staff are picking upthetrash today. Appreciate the fine job Berlin Lake Association does forthelake and environment.

Thanks, Rene' K. Berberich
Resource Manager
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Berlin Lake

Double D
05-04-2011, 01:10 PM
The latest from the USACE on Berlin Lake water levels.

Classification: UNCLASSIFIEDCaveats: NONE

Tim, Would you please pass on to the Berlin Lake Association members thatBerlinLake is going to rise due to assisting the communities on the lower OhioRiver to try to save lives and property. Presently our lake level is1027.07and rising. I wanted to pass on this information so those owning docks,adjacent property, etc. can take preventive measures to secure theirproperty.

As you know the lower Ohio is approaching historic levels and newrecords maybe set in the upcoming weeks. This is an exceptional event requiringextraordinary efforts to reduce risks to impacted areas. PittsburghDistrict is operating our dams to assist in this flood fight.

Public safety is our primary concern. Protection of life and propertyisparamount. The Pittsburgh District dams and reservoirs are operating toholdback as much water as safely possible to reduce flooding impacts on thelowerOhio and to protect life and property.

As you know the primary purpose of our dams is to reduce floodingimpacts todownstream areas within the Ohio River and Lower Mississippi basins.Secondary purposes may include recreation, water supply, water qualityenhancement, but ultimately these dams were built to reduce floodingrisksand to protect life and property.

While assisting in this flood fight, water levels behind our dams willincrease. We are reducing discharges to minimum flows to retain as muchwater as possible. As a result, some of our recreation areas maybetemporarily impacted and may be closed for an extended period of time.

The Corps will monitor weather forecasts and continually assess thesituationto determine whether it may become necessary to begin releasing water toreduce levels behind our dams. I will continue to update you on thissituation either weekly or when a change has occurred.

Thank you for the great clean-up. My maintenance staff are picking upthetrash today. Appreciate the fine job Berlin Lake Association does forthelake and environment.

Thanks, Rene' K. Berberich
Resource Manager
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Berlin Lake

What does this mean for the docks you just dropped in last weekend?

captain planet
05-04-2011, 02:06 PM
What does this mean for the docks you just dropped in last weekend?

We may need to pull them in so they don't float away. As large as they are....they could cause a problem if they got away from us.

Mgboyd25
05-09-2011, 05:26 PM
How high are the levels now? Is it really looking like Berlin & other flood control lakes will be shut down?

captain planet
06-02-2011, 09:50 AM
How high are the levels now? Is it really looking like Berlin & other flood control lakes will be shut down?

Why would they be shut down?

captain planet
06-02-2011, 09:59 AM
Hey DoubleD, you own a silver Toyota 4Runner? I saw one with MasterCraft across the back windshield on Tuesday when I was driving around North Canton.

Double D
06-02-2011, 11:44 AM
Hey DoubleD, you own a silver Toyota 4Runner? I saw one with MasterCraft across the back windshield on Tuesday when I was driving around North Canton.

Ahh, not a chance. Blue Chevy Avalanche.

Been out to the lake? This past weekend?? I was in NY so no go for me.
I took mine out on Sunday the 22nd and there was a lot of debris. Brother had his SN out Tuesday night. Water levels are great and I am sure debris was gone by then....

Mgboyd25
06-02-2011, 12:36 PM
Did you do some snow skiing double d?

captain planet
06-02-2011, 01:23 PM
Ahh, not a chance. Blue Chevy Avalanche.

Been out to the lake? This past weekend?? I was in NY so no go for me.
I took mine out on Sunday the 22nd and there was a lot of debris. Brother had his SN out Tuesday night. Water levels are great and I am sure debris was gone by then....

I knew you had the avalanche, didn't know what your second vehicle was. So, then there is another MC nut in North Canton somewhere that isn't on here....yet.

Double D
06-02-2011, 01:41 PM
Did you do some snow skiing double d?

Ha! Only picture I had handy!!

captain planet
06-13-2011, 12:56 PM
Berlin was pretty good this weekend. We were footing at 10:00 and were the only boat on the "river". I finally got my feet wet this weekend.

Double D
06-13-2011, 01:59 PM
Berlin was pretty good this weekend. We were footing at 10:00 and were the only boat on the "river". I finally got my feet wet this weekend.

Good for you! I was stuck in Youngstown all weekend at my son's baseball tournament. Still have yet to get my boat out a second time and me get out a third time. Bad spring for me...

captain planet
06-20-2011, 08:32 AM
Double D, you could have footed down the river on Saturday at 3:00 in the afternoon. My kids got to kneeboard in better water then we skiied in on Sunday morning.

Double D
06-20-2011, 09:10 AM
Double D, you could have footed down the river on Saturday at 3:00 in the afternoon. My kids got to kneeboard in better water then we skiied in on Sunday morning.

So did you??? You gotta take advantage of stuff like that!! Of course I have no room to talk. I was there on Friday afternoon on the SN and kneeboarded for the first time since I busted my ankle in 2007 (wasn't sure I could with the required ankle bend). You notice the proper attire and my run didn't end so well. :) = Smiley face

The water was also perfect for some barefoot runs but didn't bring the right equipment along.... Glad to hear you got out there. I was in Sandusky all weekend at another baseball tourny. But this weekend is OPEN!!!! Praying for nice weather!!!
You have plans to be out this weekend?

plunk77
06-20-2011, 11:27 AM

i was in north canton the other day and saw this same car. the sticker was sweet as it wasn't the usual font. i was on 77 and so i pulled in front of them so they could see my mastercraft sticker on my truck

plunk77
06-20-2011, 11:36 AM
also if any of you guys see a white GMC sierra driving around with a mastercraft sticker that's me. i basically live in Kent year round for school

Mgboyd25
06-20-2011, 01:33 PM
Plunk I think I've seen your truck before. How long have you been at Kent?

plunk77
06-20-2011, 01:36 PM
Plunk I think I've seen your truck before. How long have you been at Kent?

this will be my 3rd summer here but I've only had the truck for about 2 months. If you saw a black GMC yukon with a silver mastercraft sticker on it that was my old car. plus I'm not hard to miss because my license plate matches my name on here haha

Mgboyd25
06-20-2011, 09:57 PM
Haha my girl friend and i just graduated. My gf was at Kent so I was in town a lot. We ski out that way a lot if you need a pull man.

captain planet
08-24-2011, 12:16 PM
For anyone headed to Berlin Lake, I would refer you to post #49 on this thread and take heed of the RED areas.

Double D
08-24-2011, 12:28 PM
For anyone headed to Berlin Lake, I would refer you to post #49 on this thread and take heed of the RED areas.

Need some rain!!! :(

Sent from Never Neverland using my iPhone 4 on Tapatalk

Double D
08-27-2011, 06:58 PM
No water problems at Portage Lakes. Darn duck, get off my boat!!!

c_craig
09-03-2011, 07:24 AM
Heading to WB this morning. Hopefully a few runs before the Labor Day crazies show up.

Double D
09-03-2011, 12:00 PM
Heading to WB this morning. Hopefully a few runs before the Labor Day crazies show up.

We headed to Salt Fork today. The crazies are out....

Mgboyd25
09-03-2011, 01:57 PM
Saw you out at west branch this morning before we were leaving
Good lookin boat

93Prostar190
09-05-2011, 09:46 PM
We headed to Salt Fork today. The crazies are out....

You found some crazies down at Salt Fork ... 8p

I wanted to send this post so I could subscirbe to this thread ... I am slowly considering myself part of the Awesome Akron community.

DoubleD, Thanks again for a great day of boating at Salt Fork with you, Bob, the families, and the anchor lines.

You guys are awesome ... some pics for those that missed out ...

Double D
09-05-2011, 10:01 PM
You found some crazies down at Salt Fork ... 8p

I wanted to send this post so I could subscirbe to this thread ... I am slowly considering myself part of the Awesome Akron community.

DoubleD, Thanks again for a great day of boating at Salt Fork with you, Bob, the families, and the anchor lines.

You guys are awesome ... some pics for those that missed out ...

OMG!! That 5th picture has got to go!! :D A hairy dog next to a hairy bear... :eek3:

I'm surprised you posted that first picture. Who can find Rob (93Prostar190) in the first picture??

Hey, first time I have seen you on a wakeboard, I guess you weren't lying. :rolleyes:

c_craig
09-06-2011, 07:37 AM
Saw you out at west branch this morning before we were leaving
Good lookin boat

Thanks MG. Sorry we missed you. Turned out to be a nice morning, and certainly the best of the weekend.

Mgboyd25
09-06-2011, 05:38 PM
Thanks MG. Sorry we missed you. Turned out to be a nice morning, and certainly the best of the weekend.

When I saw you we were heading back to the west ramp to finish the day. We should be back again early Saturday. We are you out of?

c_craig
09-06-2011, 06:52 PM
When I saw you we were heading back to the west ramp to finish the day. We should be back again early Saturday. We are you out of?

We are in Chagrin Falls, but keep the boat at TriLakes. We take the boat to Northern Michigan for most of the summer, but we're out at WB in the spring and fall, mostly weeknights as long as I can pull my crew together. Probably done until late September but hoping for Indian Summer.

tmacx2
09-25-2011, 07:18 PM
I grew up in Youngstown and used to boat at Berlin. Changed several props until I learned the shallow areas. Sometimes wasn't easy to tell where the shallows were since they start dropping the water level in August and lots of areas became shallow. Moved to Coshocton 20 years ago and boated at Salt Fork which I really like. Last year started boating at Apple Valley near Mount Vernon. It's the same distance from my house as Salt Fork and I don't have to trailer my boat since they have indoor storage at the marina. Never liked leaving the boat in the water. Had I/O's and then a jet boat. I didn't have any plans to get a new boat and pretty much by chance my wife and I went for a ride on a mastercraft and bought a new X2 a few days later. This was just 6 weeks ago. What a quality boat. We were blown away and had to get it. We wakeboard and surf 95% of the time so this is great. Just filled the port and center ballast tanks and put the right surf tab down and we were surfing right away. Hope to get out a few more times before the end of the season and we're really looking forward to next season.

93Prostar190
09-25-2011, 07:21 PM
Nice looking boat .... you may want to register on this site ... alot of nice folks from north of Columbus all the way to Akron/Cleveland. I come from Columbus but there are many great folks on here from your area.

That is a sweet looking ride ... hope to see it next August at our Statewide MC owners reunion here in Columbus!

Double D
09-25-2011, 08:57 PM
Yes, welcome! I know people who go to Apple Valley but have not yet asked them; How does someone get access to that lake because I thinks its sorta private, isn't it??

tmacx2
09-25-2011, 10:29 PM
Double D
MC Devotee

Yes, welcome! I know people who go to Apple Valley but have not yet asked them; How does someone get access to that lake because I thinks its sorta private, isn't it??

Thanks for the welcome. It is a private lake. You have to be a property owner to have access to the lake. But you have the same access whether you own an empty little lot (3K), which I have, or a 500K house. It has 3 beaches but what I like best is the average depth is 30 feet. Lots of mastercrafts on the lake too!