PDA

View Full Version : Need yalls advice

Mullis434
07-09-2009, 10:31 PM
I know everyone is sick and tired of answering the same questions all the time but ive done the search button and looked up alot of information but I figured getting everyones input/advice would be a good way of deciding.

Im ordering a new propeller tomorrow and have narrowed it down to 2 props. I'd like to see what yall are running and get yalls opinion.

I'm deciding on the OJ 13 X 11 LC 1" 3-BLADE .080 CUP or the ACME 13 X 10.5 .060 cup 3-BLADE 1" LH

We hardly do anymore water skiing so giving up the mph isnt a big deal. I'm looking for a good hole-shot prop. We generally have around 1000lb to 1300lb of ballast. Depending on the gear, how many people, what bags we put in etc..

I've talked to both gentlemen at both shops and both are extremely knowledgeable but I would like to hear yalls input. Thanks

Also....Does anyone have any info on a 4-blade prop? I havent found alot on those.

Chicago190
07-09-2009, 11:00 PM
I believe both manufacturers will allow you to exchange props if you are dissatisfied. They both make a prop that will suit your needs, so you can't go wrong with either. I personally bought an OJ this spring because they have employees who are very active on the site, and I think it is important to support companies who believe in excellent customer service.

east tx skier
07-09-2009, 11:08 PM
You really can't go wrong with either of those. I've had an acme for a while and love it (currently have a four blade for a rh rotation and gear reduction that runs great. That said, I've spent plenty of time with a four blade OJ XMP (12.5" x 12" I believe) and like it as well. I've also compared comparable sized props to what you're looking at (they were 13x12). In general, Acme seems to have a bit more blade area and more kick out of the hole. The XMP I tested had a bit softer pull and held speed really well. If they'll let you test them with a money back guarantee like they used to, I'd suggest going that route so you can.

Hoosier Bob
07-09-2009, 11:11 PM
Did I miss what this was going on?:oI know everyone is sick and tired of answering the same questions all the time but ive done the search button and looked up alot of information but I figured getting everyones input/advice would be a good way of deciding.

Im ordering a new propeller tomorrow and have narrowed it down to 2 props. I'd like to see what yall are running and get yalls opinion.

I'm deciding on the OJ 13 X 11 LC 1" 3-BLADE .080 CUP or the ACME 13 X 10.5 .060 cup 3-BLADE 1" LH

We hardly do anymore water skiing so giving up the mph isnt a big deal. I'm looking for a good hole-shot prop. We generally have around 1000lb to 1300lb of ballast. Depending on the gear, how many people, what bags we put in etc..

I've talked to both gentlemen at both shops and both are extremely knowledgeable but I would like to hear yalls input. Thanks

Also....Does anyone have any info on a 4-blade prop? I havent found alot on those.

east tx skier
07-09-2009, 11:13 PM
1992 Ps 205.

Hoosier Bob
07-09-2009, 11:16 PM
What is wrong with going 3 blade CNC Acme? I retained the power of my 4 blade and the speed of my 3 blade all in one. I have a 4 blade 12.5 that should work! New and cheap! Not CNC and no where near as good as what they are making now.:D The 4 blade 12.5 is good for 42 tops. Much more hole shot and mid power compared to stock 3 blade. I loved it until I got my Acme 3 CNC 13x13! No effort at all to drag anything at any speed. Better low, mid and high than the 4 blade! Try a CNC 13x13 3 blade then decide if you want to start messing with pitch. My 2 cents!1992 Ps 205.

TMCNo1
07-09-2009, 11:26 PM
I wouldn't trust anything them prop makers say, I would only deal with Midnight Willie's Five Finger Wheels, Tires and Boat Props down off 14th Street behind the barber shop, drink house and checker parlor. Catch him on Thursday mornings right before he heads out to the metal recycler.:rolleyes::D

Mullis434
07-09-2009, 11:32 PM
I appreciate everyones input, thats why I posted my question on here because I knew I would get some good responses. I thought about keeping the same prop size but the way I see it as the years go by more technology is applied to whatever the application is. That being said I wanted to see my options for putting a different size prop on. And like I said earlier we hardly water ski anymore so losing mph isnt a big concern and coming from the factory with a 13x13 prop I would think that prop is geared more towards skiing. And since we mainly wakeboard now I wanted to see which prop would be better suited.

Hoosier Bob
07-09-2009, 11:38 PM
Many people here from TX. I know Acme and OJ will send you props to try. Others here can loan you one for a day! Cost of a cotter pin! The Acme CNC rocks! It is a 13x13 but I believe it is more like a 13x12.5! You gain tons of low and mid with no loss on top. If you choose new tech stay the same size! If you go old tech lose an inch and stay 3 or go 13 and 4 blades. IMO!

PS Harold has the hookup but it is in a really bad neighborhood!I appreciate everyones input, thats why I posted my question on here because I knew I would get some good responses. I thought about keeping the same prop size but the way I see it as the years go by more technology is applied to whatever the application is. That being said I wanted to see my options for putting a different size prop on. And like I said earlier we hardly water ski anymore so losing mph isnt a big concern and coming from the factory with a 13x13 prop I would think that prop is geared more towards skiing. And since we mainly wakeboard now I wanted to see which prop would be better suited.

Hoosier Bob
07-10-2009, 12:57 PM
I have a buddy that is going to let me try an OJ for awhile! Can't wait! No offense to ACME as I love the prop but at the time went for the cheapest sollution. He has said some great things about his new style OJ so what the heck! OJ should be on my boat anyway as it just sounds right! Never had anything else before. I will report back and take some shots of the wakes and such. If it goes well I may have a prop for sale! Lol!:D We will see!

Mullis434
07-10-2009, 01:16 PM
Well I went ahead and ordered the ACME 13 X 10.5. Can't wait for it to come in I will def. get some picutres of the prop and wake once installed. Thanks agian everyone.

Hoosier Bob
07-10-2009, 01:26 PM
Great prop for sure I just want to see what my buddy is talking about! Like I said I have no complaints. If there is a difference I want to know. Enjoy!:D Many here jumped on the ACME wagon a few years ago (like myself) on our 91-94 hulls. I did not hear as much about the OJ at that time and would like to know a little more. If I like it I have a few old style props I can sell and buy it. I have nothing to lose. I got spare time!

PS You can still try both and do your own test! Both companies will hook you up!:D
Well I went ahead and ordered the ACME 13 X 10.5. Can't wait for it to come in I will def. get some picutres of the prop and wake once installed. Thanks agian everyone.