PDA

View Full Version : Feels good

h2oskifreak
07-09-2009, 06:48 PM
So I showed up at my (very private) ski site today and there was a bunch of cars and blow up boats on the lake. Lake owners let a handicap group use the lake. Good for them and they usually tell me when, so I stay away. My ski partner was late so I ended up giving a lot of rides to some pretty fired up people. Several had to be carried into the M.C. and had smiles a mile wide. Really hit home how good life is for me. I had my 11 y/o son with me and things like today and providing meals for the homeless shelter make a big impression on him.
Then I proceeded to make everything I skied today; 6 pass set with 2- 32' off's and a four pass set with 2 additional perfect 32's. It was a darn fine day.

proporjet
07-09-2009, 06:53 PM
Nicely done.

Sodar
07-09-2009, 06:58 PM
Good Deal! Tomorrow, our local saltwater site will be closed for the same thing. It is a pretty neat thing to be able to give a kid an experience that they otherwise never would have had!

BGcraft
07-09-2009, 07:22 PM
Good stuff H2O...thanks for sharing.

Fine day indeed.

Great rest of the summer to you!

rodltg2
07-09-2009, 08:02 PM
my club also leases out one of the lakes for handicap skiers. they go every wednesday.

H20skeefreek
07-09-2009, 11:09 PM
Leases? They don't charge for it do they?

Hrkdrivr
07-10-2009, 12:03 AM
Good on you! I know James at MC Boats of Arkansas has a thing every year where they take out disadvantaged kids for skiing, boarding and tubing...

Every once in a while we need a reminder how blessed we are...

bobx1
07-10-2009, 11:17 AM
Very nice!

CantRepeat
07-10-2009, 11:39 AM
So I showed up at my (very private) ski site today and there was a bunch of cars and blow up boats on the lake. Lake owners let a handicap group use the lake. Good for them and they usually tell me when, so I stay away. My ski partner was late so I ended up giving a lot of rides to some pretty fired up people. Several had to be carried into the M.C. and had smiles a mile wide. Really hit home how good life is for me. I had my 11 y/o son with me and things like today and providing meals for the homeless shelter make a big impression on him.
Then I proceeded to make everything I skied today; 6 pass set with 2- 32' off's and a four pass set with 2 additional perfect 32's. It was a darn fine day.

That's just awesome of you bro!! /tiphat

Sodar are you talking about the marina? I know the Long Beach Boat & Ski Club does that every year right before the Catalina ski race. It was a blast when I was there. There was even this one guy would was putting kids on his lap and taking them out on AirChair runs. You wanna talk about stoke!!!

Looks like it's next weekend as you said Sodar.

http://www.catalinaskirace.net/kidspage.html

Kevin&Annie
07-10-2009, 11:40 AM
We have an Adaptive Ski day at our lake tomorrow. We do it once a month every summer and this will be my 9th year volunteering. It is really something to see. We teach people will all disabilities to ski. Doesn't matter if they are parapalegic, quad, downs, or blind. If they are ok being in the water, we'll ski them!

-Annie-

CantRepeat
07-10-2009, 11:48 AM
They have a ton of photos on the website from last year. One looks like Glenn Plake (extreme snow skier) and Urijah Faber

http://www.catalinaskirace.net/photos/kidsday2007/images/kidsday070010.jpg