PDA

View Full Version : Sad Day!!!

76S&S
07-09-2009, 08:21 AM
Well, I finally convinced myself that there wasn't any reason to hold on to the old 76 any longer. If I had a 3 stall boat house it would be awesome to have 2 MC's hanging in there but it's only 2 stalls.

So, after having this boat for 30 years, it was now just sitting and not getting used. I put her on Boattrader last week and she sold yesterday. Glad to see the old girl get used but sad to see her leave.

nascar
07-09-2009, 08:31 AM
Sorry , you could not hold on to it . 30 years that might be some kind of record ! She still looked to be in very good condition .

Granite_33
07-09-2009, 08:37 AM
Thats one hell of a legacy '76.

Just think though, you have given someone else the gift of owning an MC. Maybe even created another fanatic.

Congrats. Time marches on............

76S&S
07-09-2009, 08:38 AM
Sorry , you could not hold on to it . 30 years that might be some kind of record ! She still looked to be in very good condition .

Thanks, everyone that looked at it commented on the great condition, especially for a boat of it's age.

76S&S
07-09-2009, 08:41 AM

Just think though, you have given someone else the gift of owning an MC. Maybe even created another fanatic.

Thanks Granite.

I may actually bring two new members to the MC club. There was another guy that really wanted it but he was a little slower to pull the trigger. He is new to inboards so I told him that I would be glad to help him inspect one if he found another that he was interested in.

JohnE
07-09-2009, 08:47 AM
I'd feel the same way....sorry to see it go, but happy to see a new owner get to enjoy it.

snork
07-09-2009, 08:51 AM
Probably get fitted for a tower today:eek3:

76S&S
07-09-2009, 08:58 AM
Probably get fitted for a tower today:eek3:

I hope not!

Although he was a young guy, he wanted a classic with the old lines, so hopefully she will remain as is.

cmw
07-09-2009, 01:01 PM

I have to agree with Granite. Some one did the same for me and I spend weeknights working on it with the kids and weekends enjoying it with the family. Don't feel bad, you took good care of it and know it is someone else's dream boat now.