PDA

View Full Version : 1991 prostar vibration

madman49
07-08-2009, 10:05 PM
last year lake levels were down, going through marina and hit, shallow spot, cut boat off then, did not get stuck but was under power when i hit, very slow. noticed vibration at about 15-25 then it clears up, check prop and all looks fine, can this be out of "true, or round" or un balanced? thanks for all help on fuel problems. working on them now

bigmac
07-08-2009, 10:24 PM
last year lake levels were down, going through marina and hit, shallow spot, cut boat off then, did not get stuck but was under power when i hit, very slow. noticed vibration at about 15-25 then it clears up, check prop and all looks fine, can this be out of "true, or round" or un balanced? thanks for all help on fuel problems. working on them now

Bad props can still look fine...only show up bad when you put the pitch blocks on 'em. I'd go ahead and have it checked. out by a good prop guy. Emphasis on "good". There are a lot of propeller repair places that aren't quite so good. Safest thing, IMHO, is to send it to the factory that made it.

Be aware that you could also have a bent shaft, maybe a bent strut. Running aground is a pretty good way to bend all three. I'd get the prop rebuilt, if it still vibrates start focusing on the shaft and strut.

TMCNo1
07-08-2009, 11:38 PM

This happened last year?

flipper
07-09-2009, 11:55 AM
I did the same thing, and the prop was bent. I couldn't see it, but it was there. You can either have it repaired or buy a new one. I did both, had the old fixed for a spare, and put a new one on the boat. Get in touch with eric@oj, he'll set you up

TMCNo1
07-09-2009, 01:16 PM
Props, http://www.ojprops.com/contact_us
Shafts and struts and misc. hardware, http://www.elberts.com/index.htm

XPC Sealman
07-09-2009, 01:57 PM
No all manufacturers know how to do repairs "In House" Make sure and ask before you send it on. At OJ they Manufacture and repair In House!