PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Ski Centurion...

RoverGuy04
07-08-2009, 08:14 PM
Searching through Craigslist today and came across this '93 Centurion Wave Comp. Never seen one before. Looks like it would be pretty fun to drive? Almost reminds me of a modern version of the old crackerbox race boats but with a ski pylon....

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/1259246833.html

Ramhouse
07-08-2009, 08:34 PM
Wierd, never seen one before and now i see two. Went to pick up some bearing the other day at a dealer and they took one in trade. The one i saw was in perfect condition and had an outboard...a footin boat.

Gonzo
07-08-2009, 08:42 PM
I have they pulled jump practice in Lexington NC @ Clear lake at a SAC College waterski tournament. nice little boat. AWSA Certified.

RoverGuy04
07-08-2009, 08:46 PM
Interesting. The first thing I thought when seeing it was that it was intended for towing at ski shows...

Gonzo
07-08-2009, 08:49 PM
I think the reason the brought it to a college tournament is it was cheaper, entry level. A buddy of mine and I were talking about buying one.

TMCNo1
07-08-2009, 09:52 PM
I have they pulled jump practice in Lexington NC @ Clear lake at a SAC College waterski tournament. nice little boat. AWSA Certified.

I think the reason the brought it to a college tournament is it was cheaper, entry level. A buddy of mine and I were talking about buying one.

Do you remember Mark Skeen, who skied for UNC Charlotte? At that time, his dad had a boat dealership in Asheboro and was a Centurion dealer and they had two of those for sale, had one at the boat show in Greensboro that Janurary and Mark was the one who brought the one to Clear Lake.

Hammer
07-08-2009, 10:27 PM
Do you remember Mark Skeen, who skied for UNC Charlotte? At that time, his dad had a boat dealership in Asheboro and was a Centurion dealer and they had two of those for sale, had one at the boat show in Greensboro that Janurary and Mark was the one who brought the one to Clear Lake.

I remamber Mark. I ran across a promo MC he had for sale 7-8 years ago that I was looking to buy and he wouldn't return my calls/ e-mails.:(

shepherd
07-09-2009, 12:04 PM
cool boat!

Never seen one in person, but if it's a DD I'm guessing the engine is up under the bow/observer's seat??? :confused: I don't see an engine hump in the cockpit.

TMCNo1
07-09-2009, 12:31 PM
cool boat!

Never seen one in person, but if it's a DD I'm guessing the engine is up under the bow/observer's seat??? :confused: I don't see an engine hump in the cockpit.

Correct, the transmission/shaft log was basically between the driver and observer.

flipper
07-09-2009, 12:35 PM
15'? That thing outta be able to do some bat trurns.

Sodar
07-09-2009, 12:39 PM
The centurion reminds me of a modern version crackerbox....
http://crackerboxracing.net/images/Wisecracker2-01.jpg