PDA

View Full Version : North Point Watersports

Harry Reynolds
07-08-2009, 12:01 PM
I just got back from an hour run around by my local dealer, North Point Watersports. They have the perfect "NO WAY" attitude that drives places out of business. One of the small male fittings on the end of one of my bimini poles fell off and I called them to see if they had a replacement one in stock. "Don't know, but try this boat cover place down the road, they will have one." Tried the boat cover place, they have never seen nor heard of the piece that I need. Back to the dealer I go, mad at this point. I ask if they have one in stock, no. I ask if they can order one, hmmm, don't know. I ask if they can figure it out and meantime take one off of one of the boats in stock. This gets me handled, which at this point is all I want. Absolutly not!

I'll make it my friggin self!!

:mad::mad:

JohnE
07-08-2009, 12:08 PM
Should have asked here first. I'll bet MC of Charlotte will be able to help you. They are the original dealer and "merged" (for an abbreviated version) with North Point. Call and talk to Brian in Charlotte and I'm sure he'll help.

I understand your frustration, but bashing them probably won't help your cause. Maybe you didn't talk to the right person.

MYMC
07-08-2009, 12:29 PM
I just got back from an hour run around by my local dealer, North Point Watersports. They have the perfect "NO WAY" attitude that drives places out of business. One of the small male fittings on the end of one of my bimini poles fell off and I called them to see if they had a replacement one in stock. "Don't know, but try this boat cover place down the road, they will have one." Tried the boat cover place, they have never seen nor heard of the piece that I need. Back to the dealer I go, mad at this point. I ask if they have one in stock, no. I ask if they can order one, hmmm, don't know. I ask if they can figure it out and meantime take one off of one of the boats in stock. This gets me handled, which at this point is all I want. Absolutly not!

I'll make it my friggin self!!

:mad::mad:
First let me apologize...I have no idea why this occurred, and there is no need for me to make excuses...this is just not how we should handle customers. Please call me @ 704-525-6660 (ask for Mike) you don't even need to drive down here I'll FedEx overnight the piece you need to your home or office.

Again I apologize for the inconvenience.

VOLFAN
07-08-2009, 12:45 PM
Should have asked here first. I'll bet MC of Charlotte will be able to help you. They are the original dealer and "merged" (for an abbreviated version) with North Point. Call and talk to Brian in Charlotte and I'm sure he'll help.

I understand your frustration, but bashing them probably won't help your cause. Maybe you didn't talk to the right person.

JohnE is correct there is several dealers i.e MYMC, BAWS & erkoehler that are active Team Talk board members and will be sure to step up and make any experiance buying parts for your MC fast and easy.

MYMC
07-08-2009, 01:57 PM
JohnE is correct there is several dealers i.e MYMC, BAWS & erkoehler that are active Team Talk board members and will be sure to step up and make any experiance buying parts for your MC fast and easy.
I gotta take the rap for this...NP is a partner to us, so it is no different than if it happened right here. The situation was not handled properly and we are doing all we can to rectify it.

Mistakes were made, we just need to fix it and move forward.

SkiDog
07-08-2009, 08:08 PM
I gotta take the rap for this...NP is a partner to us, so it is no different than if it happened right here. The situation was not handled properly and we are doing all we can to rectify it.

Mistakes were made, we just need to fix it and move forward.

Thats the attitude we like on here! Way to go Mike!;)

Harry Reynolds
07-08-2009, 10:30 PM
Thanks Mike! You're great and MC of Charlotte has helped me with a couple of everyday problems that were no big deal, like this one. North Point just ticks me off. I know that bashing them on here really doesn't get anything done, but I was (and still am) really wound up over a BS little issue that could have been resolved in 5 minutes; but wasn't. It is just good old customer service, that what I was looking for.

Thanks again!
Harry

stuartmcnair
07-09-2009, 09:52 AM
My best friend owns several restaurants. When I go to them I always give him a report - good or bad, so he can fix any problems. My guess is Mike is the same way. While he might not want it aired in public I am sure he wants to know when there is a problem. Otherwise, how can he fix it?

The MasterCraft dealers I have dealt with have all been wonderful but you get that way by learning from mistakes.

flipper
07-09-2009, 10:48 AM
I'd bash the specific person at the dealer, not the whole dealer. As you see, the dealer is trying to make good of it and that's all you can really ask for.

shepherd
07-09-2009, 12:17 PM
I know that bashing them on here really doesn't get anything done,

Looks like it did in this case! ;)