PDA

View Full Version : Ipod cable for an X2

surfacetension
07-08-2009, 12:03 PM
I have a radio shack Ipod cable and it does not fit the plug tight enough , I have been told I need to get a better cable , Gold plated , One channel goes in and out but if you wiggle the jack it comes back , My boat is an 2007 X2 can I hard wire the plug to the unit ???

Or when can I get a "Better cable"??????

Sodar
07-08-2009, 12:07 PM
PM BigMac.... the ones he posted last week look very nice.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=609095&postcount=9

tr6coug
07-08-2009, 05:17 PM
The socket on my 07 X2 got pushed inside the housing, so the cable would no longer fit. Just had to get behind the socket and push it back out. Now it fits fine. Any 3.5mm to 3.5mm stereo cable will work fine. Don't pay more for a gold plated plug.

Justjoe
07-08-2009, 05:23 PM
The socket on my 07 X2 got pushed inside the housing, so the cable would no longer fit. Just had to get behind the socket and push it back out. Now it fits fine. Any 3.5mm to 3.5mm stereo cable will work fine. Don't pay more for a gold plated plug.

Same thing happened to me. Just mess with the plug from the back side and you can fix it. There is really no reason to have an audiophile quality wire (with a mini jack) coming from an I-Pod.

bigmac
07-08-2009, 06:07 PM

True, except that the only 3.5mm adapters out there that uses the iPod dock connector are "gold" plated and cost about $35 (probably more because of the proprietary dock connector than the "gold"). Personally, though, I'd pay that to be able to use line-out from the iPod instead of the headphone jack.

nmcjr
07-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Do you have a clarion in yours? If it is the factory clarion, you should be able to get a "cenet" adapter from crutchfield or similar. I like this route better because it bypasses the volume control, charges the ipod, and allows you to control the ipod from the remote, i.e. skip songs etc.

bigmac
07-08-2009, 06:26 PM
The CeNET iPod adapter for the CMD4 is different from the one for the CMD4A and CMD5, and the CMD6 uses a standard USB connector to connect an iPod rather than CeNET.

CMD4 = EA1251 CeNET adapter (one line radio display)
CMD4A= CCA-iPod CeNET adapter (two line radio display)
CMD5 = CCA-ipod

One problem is that these 4, 4A, and 5 radio models are old, the CeNET adapters are old, and they don't necessarily interface with all current iPod models and software versions. For example, most aren't compatible with the iPod Touch. Choose carefully. This compatibility issue isn't a problem if you're connecting to AUX-IN, either by the dock connector or by the headphone jack.

surfacetension
07-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Big mac Hopefully I ordered the right plug , I have a 10 pin conection in back of my head unit , I hate the headphone jack I'll report back my Clarion is a 4

bigmac
07-09-2009, 01:12 PM
Big mac Hopefully I ordered the right plug , I have a 10 pin conection in back of my head unit , I hate the headphone jack I'll report back my Clarion is a 4

The 10-pin CeNET jack is standard, but the adapters themselves vary in their compatibility depending on the head unit. What I listed above is what Crutchfield and Clarion list as the appropriate adapters. The previous CMD4A adapter was the EA1276, which is now discontinued in favor of the CCA-ipod model.

surfacetension
07-09-2009, 01:33 PM
The 10-pin CeNET jack is standard, but the adapters themselves vary in their compatibility depending on the head unit. What I listed above is what Crutchfield and Clarion list as the appropriate adapters. The previous CMD4A adapter was the EA1276, which is now discontinued in favor of the CCA-ipod model.

I think or hope it works I'm going to lake George for 10 days and need to have my music , I' not that sharp on this stuff but I should have the cable by Monday

Granite_33
07-09-2009, 04:27 PM
This is what I use. Plugged into the back of my console.

I run the cable back up under the seat and have my Ipod connected and laying in the glove box.

Not high tech and everything needs to be controlled by the Ipod to get to the music, then by the stereo to control volume.

Its not ideal, but its a solid connection......about $10 too.

Bought mine off of Ebay a few years back.

Edit: Its made by Nyko.