PDA

View Full Version : X2 Fly High System

hawaiianstiln
07-06-2009, 09:17 PM
I know others have posted on here about it, but I didn't want to hijack their thread on the specifics they were wanting to know. I'm assuming this is going to get old for me and wanted to know how much it cost to add the fly high system (or can I in an X2). I have a fly high sac from a 2006 supra that I bought on the net (up front middle) that fits absolutely perfect the bow floor walkway. However, this other 300 lb sac diagnol in the back floor takes up sooo much room. It makes the wake good with this setup and the stock ballast, but like I said, it takes up a lot of room. Is that the price everyone else pays for a bigger wake and just deal with it? Or do most upgrade to the fly high system??

That front sac isn't so bad I guess. I don't usually fill the diagnol one up in the back if we have a bunch of people in the boat. Sometimes we don't because I like to wake up and be on the lake about 20 minutes before sunrise. :D:D

turbosdad
07-06-2009, 09:47 PM
Here is the best install of the system in the X2. I did it to mine. Bit of work But it is real neat and works great. I will do this or something similar if I get another boat.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=25491&highlight=sacs

Roonie's
07-06-2009, 10:54 PM
Here is the best install of the system in the X2. I did it to mine. Bit of work But it is real neat and works great. I will do this or something similar if I get another boat.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=25491&highlight=sacs

Thank you.....

You can price all the parts at an MC dealer or even do it online.... I got mine at my local dealer Midwest Mastercraft or www.waterskis.com. You can find all the parts on their website including the kits which need a few extra parts and prices. All parts needed for the install are listed in my install link above.

ttu
07-06-2009, 11:09 PM
Thank you.....

You can price all the parts at an MC dealer or even do it online.... I got mine at my local dealer Midwest Mastercraft or www.waterskis.com. You can find all the parts on their website including the kits which need a few extra parts and prices. All parts needed for the install are listed in my install link above.

i did mine per your great write up. only problem is i still cannot get the ballast timers to gain more time, so i have to baby the system to get it full and drained.

Roonie's
07-06-2009, 11:15 PM
i did mine per your great write up. only problem is i still cannot get the ballast timers to gain more time, so i have to baby the system to get it full and drained.

By far the biggest pain in the arse is the ballast timers with this setup. If you follow the re-programming instructions to the T it works. I have had to re-program mine now 4 or 5 times and it is a pain. Just did them last week since I had the battery out. They worked great over the weekend.

ttu
07-06-2009, 11:19 PM
By far the biggest pain in the arse is the ballast timers with this setup. If you follow the re-programming instructions to the T it works. I have had to re-program mine now 4 or 5 times and it is a pain. Just did them last week since I had the battery out. They worked great over the weekend.

then why don't you come down here and take care of mine:D

think i got the port better but the starboard is crap. tried 4 times and it seems to actually get worse each time.

rgardjr1
07-06-2009, 11:23 PM
There's a seller on Ebay that has been able to get the factory second sacks-just cosmetic imperfections. I bought my integrated bow sack from him and a sack like the one your using in the front walkway last fall. My boat already had the two in the rear lockers. I can try to find his Ebay ID if your interested.

Justjoe
07-06-2009, 11:24 PM
Replaced all my timers with the new 20 min type, and they definitely have WAY more than enough capacity on the fill side. The empty function is NOT as pretty, and it still takes alot of toggling because of the load breakers. Running with the X2 back sacks and the 750# integrated bow sack.

If I weren't an idiot (who would undoubtedly forget to turn the pump back off) I would have gone with the timer skip boxes.

Roonie's
07-06-2009, 11:26 PM
Replaced all my timers with the new 20 min type, and they definitely have WAY more than enough capacity on the fill side. The empty function is NOT as pretty, and it still takes alot of toggling because of the load breakers. Running with the X2 back sacks and the 750# integrated bow sack.

If I weren't an idiot (who would undoubtedly forget to turn the pump back off) I would have gone with the timer skip boxes.

Post info about these.... price, part numbers, where you bought them, etc. I would be interested in upgrading to these if not too pricey!

Justjoe
07-06-2009, 11:42 PM
Bought the new timers from the dealership. I have an 07 and it has (had) the short timers. The new ones were about eighty a piece (I think), and it's a pretty easy wiring job to swap the old ones out. The old ones DO NOT have a quick disconnect though, so it takes some cutting and splicing.

TallRedRider
07-07-2009, 12:30 AM
I installed a single rear sac per Roonie's writeup and it worked perfect. The extra sac was for surfing, so I just did it on one side. Will do the other side and front, when I get around to it. But I am thrilled to report that it was simple and effective.

sand2snow22
07-07-2009, 01:00 AM
Wow, 11 posts and nobody is concerned about the extra weight on that trailer?

jrhollow
07-07-2009, 01:11 AM

I thought the same thing. Do you keep those suckers filled when you put it on the trailer? It seems that the weight distribution would be way different and a PIA to tow.

djhuff
07-07-2009, 09:14 AM

Because it's water weight, and hopefully you would empty them before it went on the trailer.

Shoot, mine are full when riding only, as soon as the last person finishes, or we decide to reposition on the lake, they get emptied. Gas is expensive, and I'm not paying for a bunch of water to get a free ride, on the lake or on the trailer.

hawaiianstiln
07-07-2009, 09:20 AM
C'mon now, I'm not that brainless... :) I do drink a lot, but still....

I filled the sacs up with air so that I could take the picture and post it here. Took me like 5 seconds per bag to fill air in them with a air mattress air pump.