PDA

View Full Version : This memorial day in Tomahawk WI?

SKI*MC
05-26-2005, 07:50 PM
Is there anyone out there that will be in Lake Nakomis this weekend? I am going up there, but i have no roper, and im getting tired of taking people that dont like being out there. So if anyone is Going to be on Lake Nakomis this Memorial Day weekend PM me.
Thanks,
Steve

MasterCrafting
05-26-2005, 08:00 PM
KWAHAMOT!!! I used to ride with the Kwahamot waterski show in Tomahawk, we used to have a house up on ****ty stumpy Lack Alice. We didnt have the MC back then, I'd never put it in on that lake...its way to sketchy as far a stumps go. I havent been in Tomahawk for a few years, how are the Kwahamot's doing? I'm hoping to get up there again this year, maybe on my way down from Eagle River. Anyway, sorr I cant help you out, your thread just kind of made me want to scream KWAHAMOT!!!

SKI*MC
05-26-2005, 08:02 PM
Its good, they have a good show, but they use malibu's, and i think they run like crap. But its still a good show!

MasterCrafting
05-26-2005, 08:16 PM
what happened to their red ski nautique? That thing had a really smooth pull....not as nice as my MC but it was pretty good. I left when that marina started letting them use a boat for the season...I didnt really like it as much as the CC.

Andyg
06-01-2005, 10:41 AM
The red Nautique is still alive, at least as late as last year. It has seen better days though. I ski with a bunch of the guys that used to ski on the KWAHAMOTs. I have gone up to Tomahawk for the past six years for the 4th of July. Can't pass up watching the old timers show every year. We usually ski the Wisconsin River since one of my buddies parents have a house on the river.

tex
06-01-2005, 10:43 AM
The red Nautique is still alive, at least as late as last year. It has seen better days though. I ski with a bunch of the guys that used to ski on the KWAHAMOTs. I have gone up to Tomahawk for the past six years for the 4th of July. Can't pass up watching the old timers show every year. We usually ski the Wisconsin River since one of my buddies parents have a house on the river.

Which guys do you ski with? I used to ski with a few of them in pro shows.

Andyg
06-01-2005, 10:59 AM
None of the guys I ski with skied professionally. The best of the group that I ski with is probably Dave Seehafer, but he moved to Colorado on us a couple years ago so I only get to ski with him on the 4th now. A couple more names to through at ya are Lurch, Loka, and Spud.

tex
06-01-2005, 11:04 AM
Do you know of Bob M and Blackey. Brian "Bozo" Kjar, Tim Francisco or Stephanie Skibba-Fancisco?

Andyg
06-01-2005, 11:11 AM
If they have been in the old timers show in Tomahawk on the 3rd of July I am sure I have met them, but I am horrible with names. It doesn't help that there are large quantities of adult beverages being consumed.

MasterCrafting
06-04-2005, 10:40 PM
I didnt know dave moved...huh...

SKI*MC
06-04-2005, 11:02 PM
will anyone be in nokomis over the 4th?

erkoehler
06-05-2005, 12:45 AM
I am about an hour north of Tomahawk in St. Germain. We could meet up halfway in Minocqua.

Andyg
06-05-2005, 01:18 AM
I will be in Tomahawk, but I don't know if I will be on Nakomis at all. We are staying at the Bridge Inn and will probably be skiing on the river with the guys from the KWAHAMOTs. If you see a red 197 out there that is us. Stop buy and say hi.

MasterCrafting
06-05-2005, 09:23 PM
I'm hoping i'll be up there for the 4th as well...Has anyone talked with dave or tobey lately...are they still around?

EricB
06-06-2005, 12:59 PM
Since you guys are talking Wisconsin, I thought I'd drop a line in about the Chain Skimmers! I used to belong to the team back in the 70's. I grew up on Nautiques, but since have transfered to the good guys since the middle 80's.

erkoehler
06-06-2005, 01:25 PM
The good ole skimmers! Catch there show a couple times each season! I like their twin rig hydrodyne...

tex
06-06-2005, 01:50 PM
If they have been in the old timers show in Tomahawk on the 3rd of July I am sure I have met them, but I am horrible with names. It doesn't help that there are large quantities of adult beverages being consumed.
They too have been known to consume large quantites of adult beverages!

MasterCrafting
06-08-2005, 12:40 AM
Skimmers....argh...thats all i have to say...

parks_jr_55
06-08-2005, 12:51 AM
Minocqua on the 4th is a cool place to be

The MinAqua Bats put on a good show.

I personally like the "fliver" which is the little boat with a 10 or 15 HP engine that hits the wake from both Nautiques and shoots like ten feet in the air....its pretty cool.