PDA

View Full Version : Any good lakes near Covington LA?

stelldr
07-06-2009, 05:19 AM
I may be moving to Covington LA in the near future. Just wondering if any of you recommend any good lakes in the area for skiing and boarding? Thanks

bobx1
07-06-2009, 04:00 PM
PM jixxxer, I think he lives around there. There is also another guy on the board from Mandeville (right next to Covington). Most guys in that area ski/board on the Tchefuncta river. You can also PM mpabreo as he hangs at the Amite/Diversion Canal which is about an hour away. Long story short, you have several options within an hour.

Jason99T/A
07-06-2009, 04:24 PM
The Tchefuncte River is where I typically go. It gets crowded before lunch on weekends, so it's best to head out very early.

mpabreo
07-06-2009, 05:43 PM
There's a guy on here that I met a year or so ago that's part of a ski club on a private lake just off I-12 near slidell, covington. Trent197 and I met him for a few runs on the course once, super guy. Think his name was brian, had a red n white ps190. We board on blind river, diversion, tickfaw and amite rivers. Tchefucnta is prolly your closest option, but have to dodge the traffic on the weekends. Similarly on diversion/blind river. Bottom line there's tons of rivers near there for you to board/ski/etc.

BrianM
07-06-2009, 11:25 PM
Why the big move from the Northwest to the deep south? Going to be a big weather and culture difference for you. And a never ending ski season.

Shoot me a PM and I would be glad to tell you where to go. There are 2 private lakes and 2 descent public spots all within a 20 minute drive.

If you come down for a visit or move down I would be glad to show you around.

stelldr
07-06-2009, 11:51 PM
Thanks for the contacts everyone. The reason for the move is that I currently work overseas for an energy company. I may be relocating back to the US near the Gulf of Mexico. Thanks again for the helpful information.

mpabreo
07-07-2009, 10:56 AM
Good call on the never ending ski season... We do it completely year round, last year there was only 3 weeks during the winter we didnt go cause of a slight snow. A wetsuit is usually good enough, on cold days, throw the hood and booties on and you're golden.