PDA

View Full Version : Share Your July 4th Boating Experiences, Good or Bad!

RoverGuy04
07-04-2009, 07:52 PM
I thought it would be interesting to hear everyone's stories from the madness that is sure to ensue from the holiday weekend. I'll start off with a few personal experiences that occured this Friday, the 3rd.

First of all, I never take my boat out during the 4th of July weekend. I get more enjoyment knowing that it is safe in storage! The risk of injury to myself and those on board as well as damage to the boat, tow vehicle, etc just simply isn't worth it to me. One of my buddies called me up yesterday and wanted to get a little wakeboarding in so we headed out onto the Sacramento river on his Super Air Nautique. River was already extremely busy with bigger boats and such dropping anchors and preparing for the weekend. As we were headed north to find some better water we were idling through a no wake zone when we took some pretty big rollers from a 34' Sea Ray 'Dancer. The rollers ended up pushing the boat sideways into an underwater snag. The prop and strut both hit the log with horiztonal motion and was enough of a bump to bend the prop and tweak the strut as well as cause minor gelcoat damage from the strut being pushed to the portside of the boat. Created a few hairline fractures around the strut. We discovered all of this after we pulled the boat out late at night, but knew there was damage so we just idled around for the rest of the day. This was story #1.

Story #2. So we cruise over to the main party spot on the American River and threw our anchor. An older Blue Water yacht ahead of us has a stripper pole mounted on his upper deck/fly bridge. There's a centurion tied up behind the yacht. So some dude (I am assuming he has been drinking) attempts to get a running start, grab onto the pole, and do a swing around the pole with little success. As soon as his feet come off the ground the pole lets go, he slides head first off the deck of the yacht and head first into the portside of the centurion and then rolls into the water with the pole still in his hands! He was pretty banged up, appeared to have cranial lacerations and bruising along the right side of his body; however, was still conscious.

Story #3. After that madness, we grabbed some dinner at one of the local restaurants on the river, pulled my buddies Nautique out of the water, and then hopped on another friends 24' Dancer. We cruised down around Old Sacramento to watch the fireworks at Raley Field. Great firework show. As we are underway and headed back to the marina I see a Centurion Avalance heading right for a 26' Dancer. I was about 50yds or so behind the two boats and my attempt at getting their attention by flashing the spotlight on my bow and blasting my horn a few times was unsuccessful. The centurion hit the portside transom of the Sea Ray at about a 15mph clip. The Centurion bounced off to the left, the Sea Ray to the right. Unsure of the damage that was incurred on either boat, but nonetheless another case of stupidity due to a lack of paying attention.

I can only imagine the madness that is occurring as I type this! Anybody have any stories to share yet? Hopefully everyone is staying safe today...

silverblueBP
07-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Deb and I went out this morning at 7am, took turns on the water till about 9:30 and came on home. We each had a turn on the water, then the wind shifted to the NW and we had to go searching for calm water. When we finished and headed back to the dock, we had to plod through 25mph wind driven rollers.
Going out early avoids all the snapperheads and toobers, it's the only way to ski!

dpolen
07-05-2009, 03:25 PM
We got caught in a nasty little storm on the lake yesterday, women and kids all huddled under the windshield while your truly dropped the throttle and headed for the dock. My face/upper body was very sore from getting blasted by all the rain drops. Two lessons learned this weekend...
1. Time to re-apply RainX to the windshield
2. Need a new or bigger battery as the boat almost didn't start after playing the stereo on the island for a couple hours (stereo isn't that big).

Had a great weekend on the lake!

RoverGuy04
07-05-2009, 05:14 PM
Glad to hear you guys had a safe and ejoyable weekend! I just thought of another interesting thing I witnessed on Friday....

This happened shortly after I watched the guy eat **** on the stripper pole. About fifteen minutes later this guy cruises past our anchored Nautique in a North River with a jet drive. The guy on the North River heads towards the shore and beaches it at a 45 degree angle pointed upstream. Appeared that he was picking up some friends from the shore. After everyone loaded into the boat he prepares to take off. Instead of putting the boat in reverse or having someone push his bow off, he decides to turn the wheel all the way to the left and gives the boat full throttle. By the time he is parallel with the shore his boat is sitting in about 5-6 inches of water and he is just blowing mud and sand through his jet drive. It was pretty spectacular to see a mud stream shooting up the riverbank roughly 20ft back! Eventually the boat broke free and as soon as the intake picked up some water he was on his way. Hopefully he checked his water pump and jet drive impellers later that day!!

snork
07-05-2009, 08:21 PM
Too many people out so we stayed home:rant:

jdl xstar
07-05-2009, 11:24 PM
Glad to hear you guys had a safe and ejoyable weekend! I just thought of another interesting thing I witnessed on Friday....

Man, you have a lot of idiots boating in your area! I'm pleased to report no bad incidents where we were- none that I witnessed that is. The only thing remotely stupid was my buddy ran over his own anchor line in his nautique and it took about 30 minutes to cut loose the rope that was tightly wound around his prop. Been there, done that.

The good- we all refreshed our coolers after the daytime outing and went back out in the middle of the lake and watched the fireworks. 4 boats tied together and it was pretty cool to hear the fireworks echo across the lake. The underwater LEDs were a hit as several people were swimming in the blue light. I'm P.O.ed the weekend's over and its back to work. :(

Roonie's
07-06-2009, 12:26 AM
Unloading my boat at the local ramp I saw several things.

The worst was the loading ramp next to me. A guy was unloading a brand new Malibu and he pulled down the ramp to unload and wasn't straight enough so he goes forward to straighten it out and another car driven by a lady is crossing his lane in front to get to the next unload lane and he T-bones her hitting her boat broadside with the front of his car. Neither the lady or the guy was paying attention. Damage for sure but didn't stick around to find out.

Story #2 another guy pulling a Moomba was pulling forward to unload his boat and he got to close to the pay machine at the entrance and clipped it with his Moomba racks. Made the worst scraping/ breaking sound I have heard. He was clueless and didn't stop until well into the problem. Again damage happened but didn't stick around for it.

Story #3 was pulling a surfer and a kid pulling a wakeboarder makes a sharp turn and crosses my path directly in front of me. Had to stop right where I was at and my surfer ended up crashing into the back of my boat as he wasn't prepared for it either. The kid pulling the wakeboarder didn't even see me and his wakeboarder fell directly in front of me about 30 feet of my bow. If I would have continued he would have gotten run over. We all yelled at him and he still didn't get it???

Chaos..... I protected my riders in the water very carefully after all that. Didn't trust anyone. Last time I go riding on the 4th weekend.

damaged442
07-06-2009, 07:45 AM
I always tell myself to stay at the dock on the 4th weekend, but inevitably, we get out there somehow. I was pulling my cousin on the wakeboard, having lots of fun with people that feel it necessary to cut me off. It seems that everyone out there doesn't look forward when they drive?! We are driving a 94 Maristar 225 VRS with an extended pylon and board racks, so it's not a tough boat to see...or so I would like to think.
Then I decide I need some practice if I want to enter Peter's wakeboard competition at the Northeast Reunion, because I'm a glutton for punishment. I get out there and there is a toober that runs directly in front of us. We completely stop to avoid them, but continue to watch the fun unfold. The driver is continuing to not pay attention and proceeds to drive the tube into a dock. Fortunately, the rider paid enough attention to bail at the last second. After that, I got back in the boat and we cruised home.
On a positive note, yesterday was the first day in weeks that it did not rain!

76S&S
07-06-2009, 09:51 AM
The well pump went out (the wife has to have water). So I spent most of the day driving/finding/replacing the pump. We did get out on the water late in the day after most of the crazies had headed home.

bigmac
07-06-2009, 10:07 AM
There's a large campground on our lake and July 4th brings out the Wally's in force. The boating Wally's weren't a problem, but every year it seems the jet skiers get stupider and stupider. This year we had a couple of guys jumping my wake while pulling the nieces and nephews on tubes and wakeboards. I finally pulled out my jet ski tool (water balloon slingshot) and loaded up some jet ski repellent pellets (water balloons). Definitely got the point across sufficiently that we didn't have to resort to the three-person launcher. Not sure how the Sheriff or DNR would have reacted to my methods, but they never made an appearance this year.

Two years ago my buddy had a couple of annoying jet skiers jumping the wake on his X-10. He strung one of those big launchers between his tower legs. The jet skiers thought that was a GREAT game (dodge the water balloons) until he actually hit one of them.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41ngNdyp6gL._AA250_.jpg

Double D
07-06-2009, 10:10 AM
It sucked.. No stories except we tried to go out for a few runs early Friday morning and it rained and was only 60 degrees (on July 3rd). Had to put the boat back on the trailer one hour after we put it in. The rest of the weekend was spent in Columbus at my son's Baseball Tournament...........

CantRepeat
07-06-2009, 11:45 AM
The BAD!

We went upto the sandbar about 10am and stayed until 9:30pm. We did some fireworks for the kids and then started to head back to the docks. It was a busy day on the river, just like everywhere else.

I'm going about 30mph and it's dark, really dark. There wasn't much of a moon that night. About a third of the way back and I can barely make out the outline of boat so I start to slow down. As I get closer I can see it's a damn boat anchored in the middle of the channel and the douche doesn't have any lights on!

grrrrrrrr

Thrall
07-06-2009, 12:06 PM
Rained every day! Got out on Fri, not too many people on the lake. Got to meet the fish cops for the 3rd and 4th time in only my 2nd day on this lake this year:mad:. They feel the need to inspect all your safety gear at least once a day. He!!, the lady even recognized us from a few weeks ago!!! No sticker or anything, I guess it's inspect every boat every time. Then the deputy fish cop comes over and yells at my wife because we're East of the "Ski West" buoy. It's not a no wake zone. I thought they were bouys telling you which way to circle the lake witha skiier. He proceeds to tell us we've been past that buoy 3 times, even thought it was the first time up to that end of thelake!:mad: What a dik!
We decide to wait out the rain, which we think isn't going to hit us.......wrong...we were the last baot off the lake and got soaked! On a fun note, I watched at least a half dozen people play bumper boats with the docks trying to get loaded up in the wind!
Didn't even bother Sat or Sun, rained off and on both days.

Jesus_Freak
07-06-2009, 01:37 PM
...After everyone loaded into the boat he prepares to take off. Instead of putting the boat in reverse or having someone push his bow off, he decides to turn the wheel all the way to the left and gives the boat full throttle. By the time he is parallel with the shore his boat is sitting in about 5-6 inches of water and he is just blowing mud and sand through his jet drive. It was pretty spectacular to see a mud stream shooting up the riverbank roughly 20ft back!!

Amazing. It would have been well worth a trip to the lake to see that one.

Good: Hit the course a little Friday morning. Besides two jet skiers passing by (and likely dreaming of "playing" in the course as soon as I vacated), I had it to myself. :)

flipper
07-06-2009, 01:44 PM
Good: Shot a ton of fire works, kids had a blast, drank a ton of beer

Bad: still kind of hung over and got busted for fire works but not until midnight49033

wakeX2wake
07-06-2009, 01:58 PM
winched on a 1.5 acre pond with a keg on the pier and smokers going at the house... didn't dare put the boat in the water

russlars
07-06-2009, 03:26 PM
Participated in the annual "boat parade" held at our lake every 4th of July. Parade consists of decorating your boat and then cruising around the lake and having water balloon/cannon fights with everyone out on their docks and with the other boats in the parade. Weather was fantastic for a change. First pic is departing for the parade, second is in the heat of the battle!

Plymouth Family Guy
07-06-2009, 03:28 PM
Had a great 4th of July

The good

My eight year old daughter is now completely self-sufficient on two skis. She can put them on herself in the water and deep water start with no help. She said she wanted to drop a ski for the first time, but never felt comfortable. She had plenty of practice going over big waves as the small lake we were on was kind of busy.

The ugly

On the way to our friend's cabin on Friday, I told my three daughers, (8, 6 and 3) to remind me to put the plug in the boat. As I pulled up to the boat launch, all three of them said, "Dad, don't forget the plug." I put the plug in the boat, completed our other preparation steps and dropped the boat in the water to begin an afternoon/evening of skiing and tubing. That night, around 9:00, after the Mastercraft was put away for the night and I was fishing on the dock with the 8 and 6 year olds, the neighbors came barrelling up in their..you guessed it...Bayliner, with the bilge going non-stop. The guy starts yelling for someone to "lower the boat lift, lower the boat lift." Since I saw them launching the boat, it was pretty clear they had forgot to put the plug in . They were able to get the boat on the lift. Once on the lift, the boat had water coming out of the drain plug long enough for me to drink two Corona's and the girls to catch 5 sunfish and a bass between them.

A great overall weekend.

chudson
07-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Had a great 4th of July

My eight year old daughter is now completely self-sufficient on two skis. She can put them on herself in the water and deep water start with no help. She said she wanted to drop a ski for the first time, but never felt comfortable. She had plenty of practice going over big waves as the small lake we were on was kind of busy.

Don't know if you've already tried this but have you had her try to just "lift one ski" and not kick it off ?

mrprostar
07-06-2009, 04:17 PM
The Good:
Skiied a lot on some glass (pics to come), pulled pretty much the whole family skiing, kneeboarding, wakeboarding and discing. Three excellent days on the water.

The Bad:
Got about 2 miles from the cabin on the way home and blew a bearing on the trailer. Fortunately we caught it before losing the tire completely. We had to make a bearing out of pipe tape and a washer from the dish washer then limp it back to the cabin at 2 mph while someone walked along side and squirted dish soap on it. Now we have to leave the boat out uncovered until we get the parts and the time to go fix it sometime this week. Its a three hour drive so it would be pretty much an enitre day.

Given that it only cost us two hours the trip was excellent.

trickskier
07-06-2009, 05:47 PM
A few pics from the weekend.............:D

trickskier
07-06-2009, 05:49 PM
Shark or Dolphin???

trickskier
07-06-2009, 05:52 PM
I pull a MEAN TOOB.................:D

Chicago190
07-06-2009, 06:32 PM
Perfect weekend

July 4th morning, afternoon, evening and night pictures.

Swimmer
07-06-2009, 06:56 PM
Good: Great ski weather, kids and family had fun, great fireworks and the margaritas never stopped.

Bad: Friends had to leave early because one of their Dad's was in ICU with a few kidney stones.

shepherd
07-06-2009, 06:59 PM
Shark or Dolphin???

dolphin!!!

flipper
07-06-2009, 07:01 PM
Shark or Dolphin???

Looks like one of tubertom's tubes got loose

trickskier
07-06-2009, 07:08 PM
dolphin!!!

There was an entire pod about a 1/2 mile North of Downtown Jacksonville

trickskier
07-06-2009, 07:09 PM
Looks like one of tubertom's tubes got loose

It's called "Tricks Wild Ride"...................:rolleyes:

Mullis434
07-06-2009, 07:55 PM
Had a great 4th of July weekend. Ended up getting on the lake friday afternoon around 5pm, stayed on the water until 8ish. Woke up saturday morning put in at a buddies house on the other side of the lake and had an awesome time. Plenty of people/traffic but luckily everyone stayed safe and no injuries or wrecks. Cleaned up everything saturday afternoon and headed to 6th street in Austin for a wild night.

Friday afternoon we found a sandbar to go park at for a couple hours
http://i27.tinypic.com/2d2amif.jpg

Saturday - We brought the pontoon out along with the mastercraft because of the big group we had. http://i25.tinypic.com/2cdzvdg.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/2exuaeb.jpg

Begining of saturday night!
http://i27.tinypic.com/2ltls7p.jpg

Had a great birthday weekend/4th July weekend! Hope everyone else did as well!

Mullis434
07-06-2009, 07:57 PM
Figured i'd post a couple more

http://i28.tinypic.com/2wg8z0o.jpg
http://i27.tinypic.com/6hjpjq.jpg
http://i25.tinypic.com/beehac.jpg
http://i29.tinypic.com/afkd21.jpg

TX.X-30 fan
07-06-2009, 08:04 PM
Cool shots of the sandbars. Lots of boat cops on LBJ ??

Mullis434
07-06-2009, 08:07 PM
Cool shots of the sandbars. Lots of boat cops on LBJ ??

No not really. Once we got to the sandbars we never saw them. Only time was when we were crossing the lake(should say bay how rough it was) but I figured they would be pretty bad but luckily they werent.

trickskier
07-06-2009, 08:43 PM
Good Pics Mullis!!! :D

RoverGuy04
07-06-2009, 09:48 PM
Good Pics Mullis!!! :D

+1!! Great to see the photo's of you guys having some safe holiday weekend fun!!

JKTX21
07-06-2009, 11:29 PM
Pretty uneventful at our water hole. Put the boat in at 11 on Sunday, cruised around for about 3 hours, loaded the boat and went home.

Willski
07-07-2009, 10:24 AM
Finally got the boat out (only had been out once previously this year) on Friday and Sunday. Rained all day on Saturday here. The old girl ran pretty well. 1620 hours now. Kind of sad, since I distinclty remember passing 1600 last 4th of July!

stuartmcnair
07-07-2009, 12:59 PM
We were out at the cabin for a nice five day stint. Did not even consider leaving the dock on the fourth. Watched several people in their new boats try to figure out how to drive them. One guy got a new bass rig and could not figure out how to plane it off. At one point he pulled right in front of a centurian pulling a tube. Barely a miss on that one. Many others too numerous to type about. Needless to say we watched it all from our deck over the water. Yesterday we had the entire creek to ourselves. Only saw one boat the entire day.

Mullis434
07-07-2009, 02:11 PM
+1!! Great to see the photo's of you guys having some safe holiday weekend fun!!

Thank yall for the compliments. It's always a good weekend whenever you get home from the lake and everyone is safe. Especially on a crazy weekend like the 4th. All it takes is being responsible!

Plymouth Family Guy
07-07-2009, 03:30 PM
Don't know if you've already tried this but have you had her try to just "lift one ski" and not kick it off ?

She has lifted the one ski up and down several times. I think she just wasn't quite mentally ready to drop the ski and find the rear binding. After one of my runs on Sunday, she asked me to go on two skis and show her how to drop a ski and put the foot in the back binding. It was a blast getting up on two skis and dropping one. As the wife was driving back to where I dropped the ski, she was going a little faster than normal, so I popped my rear foot in the water and barefooted on one leg with the ski in the air back to the ski that I dropped which was sitting in the water. My three daughters were laughing hysterically when they picked me up.

I'm hoping that over the next week or two, we'll get my daughter on one ski.

Gonzo
07-07-2009, 11:28 PM
8pIt's called "Tricks Wild Ride"...................:rolleyes:

Man that clears a lot up, hammer kept telling me how much he enjoyed "Tricks Wild Ride" at CSM... I was starting to worry:rolleyes:

thwack
07-08-2009, 12:16 AM
Great weekend to be on the water. Did a little boarding Friday...a little practice for Saturday. Put that practice into action Saturday around 1PM and came to my senses about 8PM. My back roll into rough water wasn't so smooth. Ended up with a concussion, twisted up ankle, pulled hamstring, bruised hip, and some bruised ribs. Other than that, it was a great day out on the water.

trickskier
07-08-2009, 08:33 AM
8p

Man that clears a lot up, hammer kept telling me how much he enjoyed "Tricks Wild Ride" at CSM... I was starting to worry:rolleyes:

Get your mind out of the gutter Gonzo.................8p

Granite_33
07-08-2009, 10:29 AM
Due to an annual 4th party hosted by my brother in law, I participated in the 4th at home.

BUT

I did Kayak about 10 miles down the Little Huron River with my family and some friends......which was a really great time.

The # of trees down forced quite a few portages......but the river was shallow enough to make getting over them easy.

Also went for a long hike, and had a big bonfire and cookout in the backyard.

Its all good.

Back to the lakehouse this weekend..........

djhuff
07-08-2009, 11:40 AM
I didn't see it, but this happened at the ramp I use locally. Makes me glad I went out of town...
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs138.snc1/5893_116490720497_699040497_3377025_4803139_n.jpg

flipper
07-08-2009, 11:47 AM
I didn't see it, but this happened at the ramp I use locally. Makes me glad I went out of town...
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs138.snc1/5893_116490720497_699040497_3377025_4803139_n.jpg

That should be deep enough to get the boat off the trailer

dummy
07-08-2009, 11:49 AM
You sure that dude just isn't waiting for a pull? Hit it!

trickskier
07-08-2009, 11:55 AM
One less "Wally" to worry about...............8p

sand2snow22
07-08-2009, 11:57 AM

I'd hit it!

trickskier
07-08-2009, 12:24 PM

So where's the boat??? Did it sink??? :rolleyes:

funk
07-08-2009, 12:38 PM
So where's the boat??? Did it sink??? :rolleyes:

PWC still tied down to the trailer?

TMCNo1
07-08-2009, 01:31 PM
Good thing the antenna didn't get wet!:rolleyes::D

flipper
07-08-2009, 01:35 PM
I'd hit it!

That brought a tear to my eye

JohnE
07-08-2009, 01:39 PM

That brought a tear to my eye

Funniest post on TT in a long time.

Granite_33
07-08-2009, 01:41 PM

Does the script writing across his back give it away???? (No offense to those of you who have script writing across your back :rolleyes:)

Looks like he is holding a ski rope......I wonder if he is trying to waterski......

Looks like he sent momma into the ehm...boat? Probably to retrieve her cigs and lighter...

djhuff
07-08-2009, 01:42 PM
Apparently, they were coming back from being out in the boat all day (and were all hammered), the driver screwed up backing the trailer down, went to pull forward, but forgot he was still in reverse and gave the truck some gas to pull forward and went straight back.

According to the story, no one in the truck or boat wanted to do anything about it and other people at the dock were the ones who secured the truck and eventually pulled it out (to avoid having a truck at the bottom of the ramp).

funk
07-08-2009, 01:46 PM
Does the script writing across his back give it away???? (No offense to those of you who have script writing across your back :rolleyes:)...

No offense taken!

Looks like he sent momma into the ehm...boat? Probably to retrieve her cigs and lighter...

You go get the damn grits! I'll hold the truck with this here rope to make sure it don't get no mo wetterer!

dapicatti
07-09-2009, 12:28 AM
Spent the 4th with our friends on our annual trip on the Columbia. Sunny, 100 degree weather, and only 3 boats on the river- which we brought. Took over the motor inn lawn and enjoyed bbq's bocce ball and lots of fun. Went boarding all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Good Times.

KnoxX2
07-09-2009, 05:01 PM
We were up on Lake Norris in Tn. for the 4th weekend. Rented a house there and did a lot of surfing. My wife is hooked on wakesurfing!!!!! Only 1 bad thing all weekend..... Coming back from Fire on the water (Fireworks) the boat just died :mad::mad: We finally flagged someone down and got a short tow to Andersonville park ramp. BTW we were still a good 40 min boat ride to the house we rented. Tried to get someone to give me a ride to the house but had no takers. There were 4 adults in the boat and 3 kids. Finally the Cost Guard pulled up and after we talked and they found out that I was active duty they got me a ride with TVRA Patrol. I got back to the house at about 2:30am and got the truck and trailer and started on the 1 hour drive by truck to get to the ramp. When I got there my wife tells me that the Cost Guard came back and a few times to check on them and also gave my kids a ride around in their boat! :D I guess a few fishermen came by and dumped their fish at the ramp and asked if they were having engine trouble. Wife tells me that one ol boy says to her "That boat take 2 stroke oil? Cuz u know you can foul the plugs if you donít mix the oil right" She just looked at him and said "No its like a car engine its a 4 stroke". By the time we got home it was 5 am and we got a few hours of sleep before we left for home. Got home and changed the fuel pump and she runs great!!!!!!!!!! All in all a great weekend even with the crazy night.

One last thing....... I have had my Mastercraft for 3 years and am into my 4th season and this is the first problem I have ever had. No complaints here!!!!!!!!! Love my boat :D

etduc
07-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Lake Broken Bow,OK - was like the movie "RV", but on water.

Wife saw a truck towin' a 'toon boat up the hill, by our camp. Trailer came unhitched, the 'toon went flyin' thru the trees.

We pulled up the chairs, and had a beer, watched them try pullin' it out. Which was freakin' hilarious!

99xstar
07-10-2009, 12:11 AM
Fun weekend. Boarded glass Sat and Sun mornings. I got a little patriotic...

Davidb
07-10-2009, 01:41 AM
My experience was bad. We weren't even 1/2 mile from the marina when my boat would rev up but not move. Pulled the engine cover up, realized my driveshaft had broken right inside the flange that bolts to the transmission flange. Towed it back by Jetski (read: slow), got out and swam it onto the trailer. Pulled out to check it out, found out my prop got it when it broke and slid into the rudder. Not the best day.

sand2snow22
07-10-2009, 01:51 AM
Dapacatti-

Is that near Chelan?

brucemac
07-10-2009, 04:58 AM
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/1885/dscn2778b.jpg
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/4907/dsc5866.jpg

brucemac
07-10-2009, 04:58 AM
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/8717/dsc5884.jpg

brucemac