PDA

View Full Version : Upholstery places?

murray84
07-04-2009, 01:47 PM
Are there any good upholstery places in the Sacramento/ Roseville California area? Also how long might it take?

kkkeating
07-04-2009, 02:26 PM
I live in Sacramento and I needed to have our X-9 re-upholstered back in March. I visited various shops in the area to review the quality of workmanship. Most of the time people would say they're experienced with boats, but when I saw their finished product it was no one near what matched the original quality. Seams didn't match up, seat intersections at different heights, etc. The one exception was West Coast Canvas in Lodi. Not sure why it's listed as being in Lodi, the shop is actually located about 5-6 miles west of I-5 on the 12 Hwy. Curt Page is the owner. Excellent service, very professional and the product was better than the original. Curt does enough boats that you can send him photos and he'll give you a quote. Do a search on Goggle and their website will come right up. If you live in Roseville it'll take 45-50 minutes to get there but I would not take my boat anywhere else.

In regards to time, this is their busy time of year. Depending on the colors it could take up to 10 days to get the fabric in and another 5-7 days to finish the boat depending on the size. If you can wait until Nov-Jan time frame you'll definitely save yourself some money.

Ken

murray84
07-04-2009, 03:03 PM
Thank you for the response Ken! Do you have any pictures of the your boat, so I could see the job they did?

Brandon

kkkeating
07-04-2009, 03:16 PM
I don't have any photos available. I'll try to take some and post them, however, it may take a couple of days.

Ken