PDA

View Full Version : What's the difference between an X-Star and a X-10

bfinley
07-04-2009, 12:04 PM
I know they are both V-Drives and about the same length. What's the difference between the hulls. BTW - I'm talking about early 2000's models, I know the current X-Star is the Pickle Fork.

H20BOY
07-05-2009, 12:12 PM
The early X-Star was based on the Prostar 205 hull. The X-10 is in the Maristar line, it is closer to a runabout hull. X-Star will have better wake. X-10 will be smoother when cruising in rough water.

fbroen
07-05-2009, 06:45 PM
Also, X-10 had a wider beam and no tracking fins.

bfinley
07-07-2009, 03:52 PM
Can anyone speak as to the difference while Skiing/Surfing/Wakeboarding behind an X-Star vs an X-10??

jomiddour
07-07-2009, 03:59 PM
I actually prefer the boarding wake on the x-10 during that era boat. Much smoother transition and capable of being bigger also. Great all around boat hands down. Not the best slalom wake but plenty good for most skiers. Never surfed behind one.

wheeler
07-08-2009, 12:32 PM
We surf behind my X-10. I replaced the ski locker bag with a 380lb, it really needs an added bag in the rear storage compartment, but if you have a couple of buddies in that same corner it is fine. I wakeboard, but I am crap at it. I have a buddy who is awesome at wakebaording and he said the wake that my X-10 produces is great for wakeboarding.

I had a 1997 ps190, wife loved the ski wake behind it, but she mentioned there is not a tremendous difference to live without due to the added room we now have.

P-hat_in_Cincy
07-08-2009, 02:05 PM
Can anyone speak as to the difference while Skiing/Surfing/Wakeboarding behind an X-Star vs an X-10??

We have a '04 205V, which is the hull on the former X-Star (now X1), and had a '02 X10. My viewpoints are based on boats weighted with more than stock systems for wakeboarding and surfing.

Wakeboarding:
The original X-Star (205v hull) is arguably in the top 2 of the original classic wakeboard wakes (with the same era CC 210). It can be big, has more vert (although not as much as the CC210), is more narrow, and firm (firmness is something I struggled to get in our X10 wake). After riding numerous times behind our friends '00 X-Star, the wake is the major reason we moved to the 205v hull.

The X10 can produce a nice, big, rampy wake. The wake is wider due to the wider beam. You can certainly have tons of fun boarding behind a X10!

Surf:
We surf on the rare occassion (we basically get back there and very amaturely ride around), but had no problem surfing behind either hull.
Skiing:
I think the 205 hull (what the 205V is based on) was a AWSA certified hull. Since I don't slalom/ski, I wouldn't be able to comment much more than I've pulled slalom on both.

I almost refrain from posting in threads like this because it all comes down to personal preference. The only reason I do is to share my experiences.

Take care,
Paul