PDA

View Full Version : Alright.....

BriEOD
07-02-2009, 09:15 AM
Hope all y'all are having fun at work! I'm off until next Friday.

Just came in after a 2 hour session in the course.:D Learned a new trick on my wakeboard last night and got in some good surfing. Stereo rocks...

Gonna scarf some breakfast and I'm teaching a 4 and 6 year old neighbor girls to ski today (one of my favorite things to do...love the lil ones skiing).

Have fun at work you bunch of wankers...8p

kawagaskier
07-02-2009, 09:24 AM
Lucky man!! Can't wait until I have enough vacation to take a week over the 4th... For now I'll take the 2 days I can afford to take. This afternoon its up to the cottage, throw a coat of wax on the '85 and head out on the water teaching my 13y/o brother who just got his boaters safety cert. how to pull a skier.. Then just try to double my 40hrs on the meter so far this year in one weekend... I think I can do it :)

BriEOD
07-02-2009, 09:29 AM
S&S? If so, love that boat.

Enjoy your 4th. It is my favorite holiday--hands down.

bxroads
07-02-2009, 09:34 AM
I "taught" a 12 year old girl to ski last weekend. I'll post a video, it's unbelievable. She popped up on the first pull in less than a second and never once looked unbalanced. She was crossing the wake within 1 minute of the first pull. On her third run of the day she dropped a ski! Not one single time did she fall or fail to get up. Talk about a natural.

BriEOD
07-02-2009, 09:35 AM
Cool!:cool:

Well, headed back down to the dock. Chat later.

kawagaskier
07-02-2009, 09:37 AM
Its a work in progress, but definitely love it and plan on upgrading in the future (to another MC of course) but not getting rid of it. I agree completely, nothing beats the 4th spending time on the water with family and friends!

bxroads
07-02-2009, 09:41 AM
The Natural

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/bxroads/IMG_6511.jpg

Granite_33
07-02-2009, 09:56 AM
.........nothing beats the 4th spending time on the water with family and friends!

Agree 100%! Boat, Float, Cruise...take a day for land activities like golf, etc. The 4th is always my favorite time of the summer. (Even though the lakes are crowded with the memorial day / 4th of July / labor day boaters)

Unfortunately the past few years, my Bro in law has hijacked the lake house for the 4th weekend for a big blowout with his college friends. 20+ people.......no serious boaters among them.

Not wanting to be a big pimply ahole......I let him use my boat to pull his buddies on the tube or wakeboard.....(no alcohol stipulation)....

I kneel and pray every night that my boat makes it through the weekend unscathed.

So far....1 bent prop.

Dam....and Dam...:(

Willski
07-02-2009, 11:04 AM
Hope to get out myself a few times this weekend! Supposed to be good weather here for once!!

Everybody enjoy...Thanks for rubbing it in Bri!

coz
07-02-2009, 11:31 AM

Just came in after a 2 hour session in the course.:D Learned a new trick on my wakeboard last night and got in some good surfing. Stereo rocks...

Gonna scarf some breakfast and I'm teaching a 4 and 6 year old neighbor girls to ski today (one of my favorite things to do...love the lil ones skiing).

Got pics to prove it? I don't buy it until I see some pics, I think you're still in your jammies eating cereal & watching sponge bob with the 4 & 6 year olds :D

bigmac
07-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Me...I'm putting another new gasket on the Big Green Egg. Apparently my assignment is hamburgers tonight, pizza tomorrow, and a couple of beef tenderloins on Saturday.

This time I'm going to take the advice I gave BriEOD and use a Rutland gasket.

I'm sure towing the nieces and nephews is also part of the plan, but I haven't fully read the assignment sheet yet.

suedv
07-02-2009, 12:39 PM
Our ski team is putting on 3 ski show on 3 different lakes in 2 days. No grilling for my family's holiday weekend. Lots of setting up, tearing down, and traveling around. This is a very normal 4th of July for us.

BriEOD
07-02-2009, 02:31 PM
Just tied the boat up and walked back to the house. We had my 4 year old and the neighbors 6 and 8 year old girls (got the ages wrong previously). Their experience was limited to a tube. We got them on the kneeboard first and then ski skimmer board. We got them all three up and kneeboarding together. They had a ball. Does my heart good to see it!

Also, here is a surf shot, albeit not a good one, from last night.

BriEOD
07-02-2009, 02:35 PM
This time I'm going to take the advice I gave BriEOD and use a Rutland gasket.

Get with the program Mac! I've got one on my Large and Small BGE. Love em'! No more of that felt crap.

bigmac
07-02-2009, 02:50 PM
Get with the program Mac! I've got one on my Large and Small BGE. Love em'! No more of that felt crap.BGE sent me a new felt gasket for free, so I just installed that a few weeks ago. I noticed yesterday that it had shrunk and was peeling up, so I stopped at Menards for a different approach.. Curing the Rutland as we speak.

BriEOD
07-02-2009, 03:07 PM
You won't be disappointed.

suedv
07-02-2009, 04:02 PM
Just tied the boat up and walked back to the house. We had my 4 year old and the neighbors 6 and 8 year old girls (got the ages wrong previously). Their experience was limited to a tube. We got them on the kneeboard first and then ski skimmer board. We got them all three up and kneeboarding together. They had a ball. Does my heart good to see it!

Looks like a great time!

captain planet
07-02-2009, 04:42 PM

I'll second that. I'm off in 15 minutes and won't return to work until the 13th. Every one of our sites could blow up and it won't bother me!!!! 8p ....at least until I get back. :rolleyes:

Have a good week TT

BriEOD
07-02-2009, 04:50 PM
Enjoy your time off Cap'n.

coz
07-02-2009, 05:26 PM

Nice job maestro :headbang:

BriEOD
07-02-2009, 05:35 PM
Nice job maestro :headbang:

I do what I can.:cool:

flipper
07-02-2009, 05:35 PM
Good to see everybody is having a blast!!!!

peason
07-03-2009, 10:01 PM
Great day on the lake today. 2 barefoot runs for me today. Had friends over all day, all 4 boys went wakeboarding. My 14 year old daughter barefooted off the boom - trying to teach her step offs - so she can go long line. Taught her friend to ski tonight - first time she has ever skied. She did great! No one else on the water - didn't anybody else ge the memo! It's 4th of July!
Doesn't bother me a bit - we had the lake to ourselves today - it was a great day.

shepherd
07-04-2009, 12:39 AM
Dragged my feet this morning - late night last night. :rolleyes: Didn't get out to the lake until noon. Too late -- Wally World all afternoon. :(

I'm going out early Sunday a.m. to try to beat them.

BriEOD
07-04-2009, 02:27 AM
Just gettin in. Havin a heard tikme reading the screeen. Wow, good times. Iriishsh car bombs.

bxroads
07-04-2009, 07:26 AM
It's early AM on Saturday and I slept mine off well. I'm about to do something crazy, like cut grass, then it's back to da lake!

Jerseydave
07-04-2009, 07:32 AM
Hitting the beach with the wife and kids today.....then wakeboarding and foiling on the river sunday morning to try and beat the crowds.