PDA

View Full Version : New owner, some questions...

dvdqrn
07-01-2009, 10:50 PM
I tried a MC 205V 2000 330hp 425hrs.

It was great except the fact that at idle speed the RPM was not stable but varying in a regular pattern between 500-1000rpm....the guy toll me that is a minor trouble. Is he right ????

When we "park" at the marina, at idle speed, the transmission was doing a strange noise like small vibration....he told me that all MC were like that......is that normal too ???? He told that the V drive transmission need to be replace every 500hrs.

For the rest everything was perfect.....we paid 20k....

Hope we made a nice deal.....

David

bigmac
07-01-2009, 10:58 PM
I tried a MC 205V 2000 330hp 425hrs.

It was great except the fact that at idle speed the RPM was not stable but varying in a regular pattern between 500-1000rpm....the guy toll me that is a minor trouble. Is he right ????

When we "park" at the marina, at idle speed, the transmission was doing a strange noise like small vibration....he told me that all MC were like that......is that normal too ???? He told that the V drive transmission need to be replace every 500hrs.

That boat is well thought of. Congratulations.

The surging at idle might be as simple as a dirty flame arrestor, or as complicated as a bad Idle Air Controller. I'd run some injector cleaner through it right off.

No, the V-drives don't need to be replaced every 500 hours. What a bizarre statement for him to make. What transmission do you have? ZF Hurth V-drive or Hurth in-line with Walters V-drive?

dvdqrn
07-01-2009, 11:11 PM
i don't know what transmission i have....will i know it with the serial number ?

coz
07-01-2009, 11:47 PM
or as complicated as a bad Idle Air Controller. I'd run some injector cleaner through it right off.

I just had to replace my IAC, $120 from NAPA auto parts.:D

bigmac
07-02-2009, 07:44 AM
i don't know what transmission i have....will i know it with the serial number ?

No, won't be in the hull ID number. You'll have to look at the transmission. It's an important thing to know from the standpoint of maintenance and winterizing. Model number should be on a plate on the front.

Rattling at idle is not uncommon with the ZF Hurth V-drives. Attached below is the Indmar Service Bulletin on the issue. The rattle isn't harmful, but customers were finding it annoying so Indmar addressed it with a recommended change in the oil used in the tranny. If you have that transmission, I'd wait until you're more familiar with the boat before addressing the issue. In the meantime, you should definitely check the tranny oil level right away.

FYI, here (http://www.indmar.com/About/ContactIndmar/faq.html) is an FAQ from Indmar. You should also download this Indmar Owner's Manual (http://www.indmar.com/About/ContactIndmar/Manual1994_2002web.pdf)...see if it has any useful information for you.

dvdqrn
07-02-2009, 08:56 AM
it s a vf hurth v drive.

thank you all, i called the dealer today and he told me that everything was working great. so i'm a new happy owner of a beautifull water toy.

David ;)

bigmac
07-02-2009, 09:04 AM
it s a vf hurth v drive.

thank you all, i called the dealer today and he told me that everything was working great. so i'm a new happy owner of a beautifull water toy.

David ;)

Just don't let him talk you into preventative replacement of your transmission in advance of the 500-hour mark...;)

coz
07-02-2009, 09:13 AM
it s a vf hurth v drive.

David ;)

How bout some pics of the beautiful water toy :D

bigmac
07-02-2009, 09:18 AM
How bout some pics of the beautiful water toy :D

Second that. It's a rule...ya gotta post pictures...

BriEOD
07-02-2009, 09:26 AM
I have a 2000 PS 205 DD. We love it. Sounds like you got a good price. How is the interior?

Lets see some pics.

dvdqrn
07-02-2009, 11:19 PM
There is the toy...

dvdqrn
07-03-2009, 07:26 AM
by the way, were can i get an copy of the owner manual...or a guide for the perfect owner of a mastercraft ?

bigmac
07-03-2009, 07:37 AM
You can download the Indmar owner's manual applicable to your boat here (http://indmar.com/About/ContactIndmar/Manual1994_2002web.pdf).

MasterCraft doesn't have a downloadable owner's manual for your specific year, but the other owner's manuals are here (http://www.mastercraft.com/knowledge/owners_manuals/). It would be worthwhile to look over some of the later versions as they will have useful information with photos for you, such as transmission cooler cleaning, impeller replacement, shaft alignment etc. 2004 and later are full color files, earlier than that are just black and white scans, and very poor ones at that.