PDA

View Full Version : prop damaged

canadianskier
07-01-2009, 08:07 PM
I won`t go into the details but the wife paniced alittle at the ramp today, boat is fine but prop is totally cut, bent, and ripped. got home and put my spare on and the driveshaft turns by hand and doesn`t look bent, started it up in the driveway and no funny noise`s. it did wine in the water when reved up befor putting on trailer, maybe just the prop? was thinking of just putting back in the water and seeing what happens, what do you guys think. anyone have a 13x13 3blade for sale, none in the market place.

TMCNo1
07-01-2009, 09:16 PM
I won`t go into the details but the wife paniced alittle at the ramp today, boat is fine but prop is totally cut, bent, and ripped. got home and put my spare on and the driveshaft turns by hand and doesn`t look bent, started it up in the driveway and no funny noise`s. it did wine in the water when reved up befor putting on trailer, maybe just the prop? was thinking of just putting back in the water and seeing what happens, what do you guys think. anyone have a 13x13 3blade for sale, none in the market place.

Try out the spare prop before making any decisions if you think you may have problems, someone will have to do it anyway and it's easier than taking to a dealer and maybe them replacing stuff for the giggles of it or you doing the replacing, when nothing was wrong to start with.

ROB
07-01-2009, 10:36 PM
Agree. Try the spare in the water and see how she runs. Have you checked out your shaft to make sure there is no bending? How badly damaged is your prop. A good repair could save you hundreds compared to a new prop.

XPC Sealman
07-02-2009, 12:43 PM
Send the damaged one to our shop and we can give you a honest opinion/quote.

flipper
07-02-2009, 12:48 PM
OJ will repair too. BrianM had a Acme for sale, don't know if he still has it or not though.

russlars
07-02-2009, 01:29 PM
I will probably have a 13 X13 4 blade Stainless Cutter for sale in the near future. If interested PM me.

honez
07-02-2009, 04:37 PM
just got a new prop from Eric at OJ great service and price the number is 1-800-359-9730 they next day for less thn 40.00 to dallas

ski_king
07-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Glad to hear it all worked out.

You may want to load and unload the boat yourself this weekend.

TX.X-30 fan
07-02-2009, 07:37 PM
Glad to hear it all worked out.

You may want to load and unload the boat yourself this weekend.

Chauvinist. :mad:

C36
07-03-2009, 01:09 PM
Sorry to hear about the damaged prop. Glad the rest of the drive train sounds like it is not damaged. Hope you find another prop or are able to have the existing one repaired (to keep as a spare).

canadianskier
07-05-2009, 05:17 PM
just an update for you guys, put the spare prop on and everything is fine no vibrations and no funny sounds, actually had a really good ski this morning. get the other prop repaired now. $175, but will be as good as new

TMCNo1
07-05-2009, 05:40 PM
Try out the spare prop before making any decisions if you think you may have problems, someone will have to do it anyway and it's easier than taking to a dealer and maybe them replacing stuff for the giggles of it or you doing the replacing, when nothing was wrong to start with.

just an update for you guys, put the spare prop on and everything is fine no vibrations and no funny sounds, actually had a really good ski this morning. get the other prop repaired now. $175, but will be as good as new

Now you should feel better!

djhuff
07-06-2009, 04:36 PM
One thing I heard was that if you can still turn the prop by hand out of the water, then the shaft is fine. When they are bent, even the slightest bit, they become very hard to turn by hand.

C36
07-07-2009, 04:35 PM
Glad to hear! :) Hope you get out again soon.