PDA

View Full Version : What to you listen to?

Granite_33
05-26-2005, 01:38 PM
So, what kind of music do you listen to when you are out skiing, boarding, or just cruising around?

Upper Michigan Prostar190
05-26-2005, 01:42 PM
So, what kind of music do you listen to when you are out skiing, boarding, or just cruising around?

COLOR=RoyalBlue]ROCK AND ROLL BABY!!![/COLOR] :headbang: :woohoo: :D

"Let there be Rock"

"For those about to Rock, we salute you!"

milkmania
05-26-2005, 01:47 PM
flirtin' with disaster8p

Copperhead Road:woohoo:

Lake_Tippy_Skier
05-26-2005, 01:49 PM
a little linkin park and the classic ac/dc

wakesport
05-26-2005, 01:55 PM
Depends on who is on board the boat. My son likes a lot of hiphop/rap. There are a few tunes that always remind me of being on the water with him. If it's just me I'll be listening to a little SRV.

05-26-2005, 02:00 PM
if you want some favorite specific song titles

"No more tears"- Ozzy
"Wild side"- Crue
"Fantasy" - Aldo Nova
"Danger Zone" - Loggins
"Hot blooded" - Foreigner
"Crazy Train" - Ozzy
"For whom the bell tolls" - Metallica
"Peace sells" - Megadeth
"Back in Black" - AC/DC
"Rock & Roll" - Led Zep
"Turn up the Radio" - Autograph
"Come on Feel the noise" - Quiet Riot
"I wanna Rock" - Twisted Sister
"Foolin" Def Leppard
"over my head" - King's X
"surfin with the alien"- Satch

just some off the top of my head :D Rock and Roll baby!!!!

Granite_33
05-26-2005, 02:20 PM
I'll listen to anything that gets me in a good mood to ski or board. :headbang: As long I am out on the water!! :banana:

bradamerry
05-26-2005, 02:26 PM
I sing to myself.... :D

zberger
05-26-2005, 02:29 PM
Good thread.. I am just getting ready to throw some tunes on a mp3 disc just for the boat..

Probably going to put alot of linkin park on there.. some motley crue.. couple GNR songs.. toss just all sorts of music on there..

we don't have sub in the boat.. so i don't think much rap will go on there until we figure something out for that :)

Mag_Red
05-26-2005, 02:39 PM
What ever the teenage girls will let me listen to :rolleyes:

JEREMY79
05-26-2005, 03:04 PM
Anything of The Doors
Jimmy Buffett
Jack Johnson
Old school country (johnny cash, waylon, willie, haggard)
NO RAP IN MY BOAT

MarkP
05-26-2005, 03:10 PM
Most of the above for me..:headbang:

tex
05-26-2005, 03:17 PM
if i'm skiing-Lenny, Chili Peppers, Van Halen, Old Skool Rap, ACDC, and U2

cruising-Buffett, Willie, Jamiraqua, and Eric Johnson.

jimmer2880
05-26-2005, 03:29 PM
No Bluegrass?

:D

mbeach
05-26-2005, 03:30 PM
a little linkin park and the classic ac/dc
"dirty deeds..", yeah!!!

zberger
05-26-2005, 05:07 PM
alison krauss = win

just none of my friends really care for her.. doh!

I'd love to ski behind some good country tho :)

east tx skier
05-26-2005, 05:14 PM
I girl in my office and her sister grew up playing in fiddle competitions with Allison Krauss. In other news, there are fiddle competitions. :)

Ric
05-26-2005, 05:18 PM
if you want some favorite specific song titles

"No more tears"- Ozzy
"Wild side"- Crue
"Fantasy" - Aldo Nova
"Danger Zone" - Loggins
"Hot blooded" - Foreigner
"Crazy Train" - Ozzy
"For whom the bell tolls" - Metallica
"Peace sells" - Megadeth
"Back in Black" - AC/DC
"Rock & Roll" - Led Zep
"Turn up the Radio" - Autograph
"Come on Feel the noise" - Quiet Riot
"I wanna Rock" - Twisted Sister
"Foolin" Def Leppard
"over my head" - King's X
"surfin with the alien"- Satch

just some off the top of my head :D Rock and Roll baby!!!!

you do know that they didn't stop making songs when the 90's rolled into town don't you ;)

zberger
05-26-2005, 06:00 PM
he's stuck in the 90's haha..

Ric
05-26-2005, 06:04 PM
quick! somebody do a poll on how long mag keeps his avatar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maristar210
05-26-2005, 06:07 PM
Green Day
Foo Fighters
The Killers

and toss in some Jimmy Buffet...
.... lest we forget I am in my thirties

Steve

Maristar210
05-26-2005, 06:10 PM
quick! somebody do a poll on how long mag keeps his avatar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I vote he keeps the one he's got and e-mails the un-cropped version for all of us to see. Yeah she's takin it.

Steve

Ric
05-26-2005, 06:12 PM
hahahahahhaha. It's called "Oh Mag" hahahahhahahahhaa

bucky
05-26-2005, 10:15 PM
Right now the iPod has every single song by Boston (including Corporate America, don't know why), No Doubt's greatest hits, System of a Down's Toxicity, and the Kentucky Headhunters.
p.s.- looking for a Def Leppard greatest hits album.

05-26-2005, 11:23 PM
you do know that they didn't stop making songs when the 90's rolled into town don't you ;)

Sorry Ric, I am an 70's child, raised in the 80's. I dont do the 90's. being a musician myself, I strive for actual musical talent and content in bands, and that kind of went out with the 80's. In the 90's nobody could really play their instraments, and they just didnt care and called it "music". Case in point: Nirvana. garbage music. I am very opinionated on this as I am a serious rock/metal guitarist and truly value virtuosity in musicians. The 90's had about as much musical virtuosity and talent as that William haung guy that did the "she bang" thing. I dont mean to sound like a jerk here, so if I am, I apologize. I dont want to put anybody down for what they like, I just cant help but speak my piece about music. SO if I am offending you I dont mean to man. Just trying to state my point. As corny as I may be, I will wave the flag for 70's and 80's music till the day I die. and NO, I dont have a mullet! :purplaugh so you dont have to ask, i am cool with it, so your free to throw every 80's joke my way :D as I am a fan of the 80's stuff, I also see the cornyness of lots of it and can appreciate the humor in it, so your not gonna offend me by making smart cracks about it, I love humor, its all good!!!! :)

Long live ROCK!

rem_pss308
05-26-2005, 11:38 PM
Linkin Park
3-Doors Down
Nickleback
38 Special
Van Halen
Def Lepper
Guns and Roses
Bob Segar
Journey
Nelly
Jay-Z
DMX
Kenny Chesney
Daryle Worley
ALan Jackson
Montgomery Gentry
Hank Williams JR.

jpattigr
05-27-2005, 02:03 AM
After spending all last week at lake Powell my Ipod got a full workout on the water, I have every type of tunes and listen to it all!!

J Buffett
AC/DC
54-40
Allman Bros
Avril
BB King
Neil Diamond
Terri Clark
Avril
Creed
Eninem
Queen
Nitty Gritty Dirt band
Neil young
Metalica
Faith Hill

Good tunes by all!!

Leroy
05-27-2005, 02:34 AM
Nirvana rocks! He he, he he, what about Hole, she rocks also! And now there are new groups that rock!

THe beauty of music is that it keeps getting better, but there is still stuff from the past that is great!

east tx skier
06-01-2005, 01:07 PM
Sorry Ric, I am an 70's child, raised in the 80's. I dont do the 90's. being a musician myself, I strive for actual musical talent and content in bands, and that kind of went out with the 80's. In the 90's nobody could really play their instraments, and they just didnt care and called it "music". Case in point: Nirvana. garbage music. I am very opinionated on this as I am a serious rock/metal guitarist and truly value virtuosity in musicians. The 90's had about as much musical virtuosity and talent as that William haung guy that did the "she bang" thing. I dont mean to sound like a jerk here, so if I am, I apologize. I dont want to put anybody down for what they like, I just cant help but speak my piece about music. SO if I am offending you I dont mean to man. Just trying to state my point. As corny as I may be, I will wave the flag for 70's and 80's music till the day I die. and NO, I dont have a mullet! :purplaugh so you dont have to ask, i am cool with it, so your free to throw every 80's joke my way :D as I am a fan of the 80's stuff, I also see the cornyness of lots of it and can appreciate the humor in it, so your not gonna offend me by making smart cracks about it, I love humor, its all good!!!! :)

Long live ROCK!

People were playing some good music in the 90s. It just wasn't on the radio. Thanks to clear channel, I may not need terrestrial radio in my next car.

parks_jr_55
07-08-2005, 04:43 PM
Rap:
50 Cent
The Game
Jay Z
Chingy
Ludacris
Lloyd Banks
Mike Jones
T.I.

Jack Johnson
Ben Harper
Green Day
Linkin Park
Weezer
Coldplay
Sublime

erkoehler
07-08-2005, 04:48 PM
Man, I missed this thread! I have a radio NOW!!!!

shepherd
07-08-2005, 05:55 PM
UP prostar,
I'm a child of the 70s too and the best rock came from those bands (exclude the disco sh%^#t). But I always felt the 80s sucked, the 90s got it better, and today it's much better.
While I like all kinds of music, when I'm skiing, in the gym, or jogging, it's metal for me -- the newer stuff (Godsmack, Limp Bizkit, P.O.D., Drowning Pool, Linkin Park). It fires me up. Makes Zepellin (the greatest band in the world, by the way) and Sabbath sound like soft rock.

"Down with the sickness!!!" :headbang:

When it's time to mellow out, Jack Johnson and the like are cool.