PDA

View Full Version : From Supra 22 SSV to X-star

enolten
06-30-2009, 02:36 PM
If you pay a lot of money you might as well spend it on a Mastercraft....I can't believe the quality difference between a Mastercraft and a Supra...have you ever heard of snap in carpet over carpet?? a new option for supra in 2009, a bungee to tighten your board on a boardrack on a $60,000+ boat??...sooooo i made the switch to Mastercraft this week....i used to call my supra a honda with spoilers and a loud exhaust(see pic)...my new x-star is a bentley...it doesnt need spoilers or a different exhaust...it breaths luxury...thought i'd share that with ya'll....

jdl xstar
06-30-2009, 02:46 PM
Very, very nice. That 40th is pretty sweet too.

Get a username and join the club.

ORX-1
06-30-2009, 04:17 PM
That is a sweet X-Star.. You didn't hold back on the new boat thats for sure! Enjoy the upgrade.

ttu
06-30-2009, 04:18 PM
congrats, i also came from a 05 ssv to a x2. def worth it.

Jim@BAWS
06-30-2009, 04:29 PM
If you pay a lot of money you might as well spend it on a Mastercraft....I can't believe the quality difference between a Mastercraft and a Supra...have you ever heard of snap in carpet over carpet?? a new option for supra in 2009, a bungee to tighten your board on a boardrack on a $60,000+ boat??...sooooo i made the switch to Mastercraft this week....i used to call my supra a honda with spoilers and a loud exhaust(see pic)...my new x-star is a bentley...it doesnt need spoilers or a different exhaust...it breaths luxury...thought i'd share that with ya'll....

Sorry am I missing something? I don't see an X-Star Anyone else having the same problem

Look a little closer...oh there it is in the background. Sorry my bag!!!

Jim@BAWS

WELCOME AND A GOOD LOOKING BOAT AT THAT

hawaiianstiln
06-30-2009, 04:39 PM
Congradulations and welcome to the team. I'm very happy with my new purchase as well.

I recently switched over from Malibu. However, even tho I absolutely love both MasterCraft and Malibu, I still don't feel that I stepped up. I feel I just "stepped over to something new". :) I'm very maticulous and there are certain things I don't like on the Malibus and certain things I don't like on the MasterCrafts (small things), but both MFG's are a tuff match up if you ask me.

Couldn't pass up the deal that I got either. :) Plus, I like the fact that I was such a malibu die hard and switched to their enemy and I'm still happy. HAHAHAHA

2RLAKE
06-30-2009, 05:08 PM
Awesome ... wecome to MC! i'm a former multiple Supra owner myself and couldn't agree more on the quality comment .. love my MC

great looking boat ... did take me a while to see your actual boat!

Granite_33
06-30-2009, 05:21 PM
Nice trade up enolten!

Once you go Mastercraft, you never go back.......

Although I sorta dig the front half of the Supra graphics.

Does that say LUNCH on the back half? :D

Hrkdrivr
06-30-2009, 08:09 PM
Mercy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brucemac
07-01-2009, 03:47 AM
nice flappers!

enolten
07-01-2009, 09:06 AM
I used to think that the supra was so badass...i am telling you....i am walking around with a big smile on my face on the MC, no comparison...and about what it says on the side of the supra...the MC can eat the supra's lunch...

Jim@BAWS
07-01-2009, 09:09 AM
I used to think that the supra was so badass...i am telling you....i am walking around with a big smile on my face on the MC, no comparison...and about what it says on the side of the supra...the MC can eat the supra's lunch...

More feed back requested...and are we talking boats???

enolten
07-01-2009, 09:12 AM
what'd u think i was talking about??? u wanna know about the lack of style/quality/technology/aggravation i had with my Supra??

Maristar210
07-01-2009, 10:48 AM
Nice looking X star right there....

mccobmd
07-01-2009, 11:01 AM
Hey Jim, I bet if you could promise that there'd always be something like that in the bow you could sell all those 08's pretty quick.

06' X-2 R8R H8R
07-01-2009, 12:22 PM
Sweet boat.....Keep it off the beach. That is one of my biggest no no's. SCRAAAAAATCHHHHHH

mnm
07-15-2009, 12:35 AM
Def agree on the diff between a Supra and a MC. Traded in my '07 Supra for my '08 X-2 and could see and feel the superior quality from the time we test drove it. Now I wish my wife would have let me get the X-2 at the boat show a couple years ago and it would have saved me an extra down payment ... but life is great in my new MC!

east tx skier
07-15-2009, 10:14 AM
Nice boat. Just for curiosity's sake though, does MC not offer the snap in carpet as an option (I mean over the carpet). Could've sworn I've seen that before. And since you have the 40th Anniv. X Star, if it doesn't snap in, you at least out to have some loose fitting area rugs that came with you boat.

Again, glad you like your new boat!

enolten
07-15-2009, 10:59 AM
snap in carpet over carpet is a stupid option w/ supra...the whole idea about snap in carpet is that you can take it out, let it dry and you can wash your boat out completely without having to worry about your carpet...i could not be any happier with any other boat...love, love my x-star!!!!

east tx skier
07-15-2009, 12:33 PM
snap in carpet over carpet is a stupid option w/ supra...the whole idea about snap in carpet is that you can take it out, let it dry and you can wash your boat out completely without having to worry about your carpet...i could not be any happier with any other boat...love, love my x-star!!!!

For what it's worth, I know plenty of people, several of whom are members of this forum, that have custom ordered carpet to install over their carpet to keep their factory carpet pristine. I wish my previous owner had gone that route so I could enjoy some soft, cushy carpet nap today. Supra is definitely not the only boat manufacturer to offer that option and I know of at least one MC dealer that was selling custom carpet patters with the logos for this pupose, i.e., to install over carpet.

For your new boat, if there's nothing under the snap-in 40th X-star carpet, what are your options some day when that carpet has seen better days? If you plan to keep the boat for a while, that would be one of those things that could possibly be worth ordering now and storing for a rainy day. Even when times were economically good, MC wasn't producing custom replacement items like vinyl and decals for really long periods of time after the model year. I'd expect the same would hold true for anniversary logo'd snap in carpet. Might be something worth looking into, especially if there is only boat deck as opposed to carpet under your anniversary snap in stuff.

Either way, I'm glad you like your new boat. It's a nice one.

enolten
07-15-2009, 02:16 PM
didn't look at it that way....but....you know how bad it smells when you have wet carpet over wet carpet? anyway...i didn't understand the carpet over carpet...when you use the boat as much as i do, it is nice to just pull the carpet out and clean the fiberglass instead of trying to wetvac carpet...

east tx skier
07-15-2009, 03:15 PM
You've got to go with what works for you. But seriously, if that was my limited edition boat, I'd snatch up an extra carpet set and put it in the closet just in case. Worst case, you sell it five years from now for the same or more than you paid for it. Or, you could go with the inserts (for old time's sake) 8p

Thread about MYMC's carpet inserts (http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=18878&highlight=carpet).