PDA

View Full Version : 1989 PS 190 Perfect Pass??

Tobaccoman
06-29-2009, 02:54 PM
Can Perfect Pass be added to this boat? If so what would the cost be and where do I find info?

Lottawatta
06-29-2009, 02:56 PM
Yes it can.
Around $1400 for stargazer.
www.perfectpass.com

Tobaccoman
06-29-2009, 03:09 PM
Is this something that is fairly easy to install?

BrianM
06-29-2009, 03:20 PM
Very easy DIY job. Probably take about 3 hours. Hardest part will be running the wiring harness through the bilge.

ProStar Slalom
06-29-2009, 03:59 PM
In my opinion, the best investment you can make in a watersports boat, and if you're a course skier, it will save your marriage.

Ski-me
06-29-2009, 04:02 PM
From another thread but same subject.......

Depends on your needs but I went the cheapest possible. I found a used PP module 6.5ng and the bought a new multi-line gauge, servo and wires from skidim.com. Buying new allows you to match the gauge with your existing ones. Hard to find an exact match otherwise.

I paid $100 for the module and $526 for the new parts. Works great! I'm no course skier but it sure makes it easier for my wife and I to get consistent speeds while skiing. Also, with the older unit, provided you are not after wakeboarding speeds, you don't need to drill a hole in the hull for the paddlewheel. The PP just runs and adjusts off of the engine RPM's (tach lead in dashboard).

Hunt around for the module first. I got lucky at $100 as I see quite a few for around $200+. I also think the multiline can then be used for Stargazer but I'm not positive.

russlars
06-29-2009, 04:26 PM
Check here for the best prices I was able to find on Perfect Pass: http://www.skiertoskier.com/

Ski-me
06-29-2009, 04:50 PM
Check here for the best prices I was able to find on Perfect Pass: http://www.skiertoskier.com/

Sorry, skiertoskier.com is where I got it, not skidim.com.:o

bbeach
06-29-2009, 05:09 PM
I have it installed on my 90 - for about 7 years now... works great!

Tobaccoman
06-30-2009, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the info. I agree with the wife thing 100%. My wife either almost lets me sink or runs wide open. We do wakeboard alot but Watts Bar Lake,TN has a very nice slalom course that someone installed a couple years ago. Amazingly the fishermen have not tore it out yet.

Lottawatta
06-30-2009, 09:42 AM
Where is the course on Watts Bar? I have not been there since 2004, but I never knew one existed there. I have a buddy who is going to be down there for two weeks (he leaves Ohio Friday w/ MC in tow), I am sure he would like to get a few pulls through it.

Tobaccoman
06-30-2009, 10:24 AM
The coarse is located on the back side of what is called twin islands. (East Side) Between the islands and a long *****ula. The course is closer to the main land *****ula and does not get much boat traffic . Best times are before 10:00 in the morning or late evening. Water should be at least 8 to 10 feet deep maybe more. It appears to be a nice course. Only draw back is this is fourth of July weekend and it will be crowded. Sand island seems to be the hang out spot these days and it would not suprise me if there aren't 100 boats anchored out this weekend. Last weekend there were about 50. Let me know if you need more info on the location of the course.