PDA

View Full Version : Thanks from a non MC owner

Finnsdad
06-29-2009, 01:22 PM
I recently bought a 91 Ski Brendella Shortline. Since there are few resources for Brendella owners, I have been using this site for reference and found that much of it also applies to my boat. Thanks for all the great info.

bigmac
06-29-2009, 02:08 PM
You're welcome. Nice looking boat.

André
06-29-2009, 02:22 PM
Were Brendella using Indmar or PCM?
Chevy or Ford?
Have fun with your boat!:)

justinglow
06-29-2009, 02:42 PM
If I remember correctly they used PCM along with the PCM trans. I believe the trans spins like the Nautique to the right.

Good looking boat you have there.

Ski-me
06-29-2009, 02:46 PM
I agree, nice looking boat! Feel free to ask anytime. You might get a little joking but it's all in fun! We are all just a group that loves the watersports in our boats.

Have fun with it! Have you installed PerfectPass? That is probably one of the best additions I did to our 94' MC.

rodltg2
06-29-2009, 02:47 PM
it should have a PCM Ford. At least thats what i hade in mine, also a 91 brendella. That boat is a splash of a 1985 Mastercraft so it should ski the same!

Finnsdad
06-29-2009, 03:02 PM
PCM motor and trans. 675 hours, runs great. Just started the teak process outlined by TMC1, I am amazed at how much better it looks after just a scrubbing! I am trying to locate new decals, have a call into Calabria and they think they might be able to get them for me. Then going to remove oxidation and put on new decals. Interior was redone 3 years ago (see pic), so I just have to clean up the outside. As far a perfect pass goes, I would love to have it. Do you recommend the $695 version or the Stargazer?

LYNRDSKYNRD
06-29-2009, 03:06 PM
Hey welcome to the forum, cool boat too.

SkiDog
06-29-2009, 03:07 PM
Nice looking boat ya got's there!

icedog-10
06-29-2009, 03:16 PM
I had Perfect Pass Cruse Control and upgraded to Stargazer and love it. My lake has lots of weeds now I never loose the speedo. I used to bring the Garman GPS that I use for running but it was slow to update and obviously won't control my speed.

What lake do you ski on?

Finnsdad
06-29-2009, 03:34 PM
Lake Wausau and day trips to northern WI

Ski-me
06-29-2009, 03:51 PM
Depends on your needs but I went the cheapest possible. I found a used PP module 6.5ng and the bought a new multi-line gauge, servo and wires from skiertoskier.com. Buying new allows you to match the gauge with your existing ones. Hard to find an exact match otherwise.

I paid $100 for the module and $526 for the new parts. Works great! I'm no course skier but it sure makes it easier for my wife and I to get consistent speeds while skiing. Also, with the older unit, provided you are not after wakeboarding speeds, you don't need to drill a hole in the hull for the paddlewheel. The PP just runs and adjusts off of the engine RPM's (tach lead in dashboard).

Hunt around for the module first. I got lucky at $100 as I see quite a few for around $200+. I also think the multiline can then be used for Stargazer but I'm not positive.

east tx skier
06-29-2009, 04:11 PM
Awesome boat! The president of our ski club has a 93.

babymoore3
06-29-2009, 09:44 PM
It's like Jeeps, bikes and well inboards. It doesn't matter what you ski with it just matters that you ski (or wakeboard or troll around in a boat). Although this might be pushing it....

Disclaminer: I got this via email and I am pretty sure it was added via photoshop. Can't say I know anyone in Alabama or that went to school there so please don't take offense if you are from Alabama or went to school there!

Eagle Lake Rebel
06-29-2009, 10:04 PM
Around Bama fans all the time.....I'd say the photo is quite accurate!

Rockman
06-30-2009, 12:12 AM
It's like Jeeps, bikes and well inboards. It doesn't matter what you ski with it just matters that you ski (or wakeboard or troll around in a boat). Although this might be pushing it....

Disclaminer: I got this via email and I am pretty sure it was added via photoshop. Can't say I know anyone in Alabama or that went to school there so please don't take offense if you are from Alabama or went to school there!

Dat der be my Redneck Bass Boat...I'm saving up for a 2 seater so I can pick up the honies! ;)

TMCNo1
06-30-2009, 08:54 AM
"Duuuuude, when I do this, my arm hurts and when I tilt my trolling motor up outa water, it hits me in the berries!", Well, don't do that!

SunCoast 83
07-01-2009, 08:42 PM
I recently bought a 91 Ski Brendella Shortline. Since there are few resources for Brendella owners, I have been using this site for reference and found that much of it also applies to my boat. Thanks for all the great info.

Great looking Brendella there....I had a friend in high school with a blue one:)

JohnE
07-02-2009, 08:11 AM
Nice boat and welcome to the forum.

You'll find most of us are just watersports fans at heart, with a little brand loyalty thrown in.

mgurley
07-02-2009, 12:35 PM
Roll Tide!!:cool:

Maristar210
07-02-2009, 01:21 PM
My parents used to live in Huntsville. Enough said.

Nice Ski B !!! :dance:

woftam
07-02-2009, 01:52 PM
Just saw the original post.

Nice boat! Had a few Brendella promo boats when they were new. Nice slalom (some spray @ short line in windy conditions) and jump machines. Also taught a lot of kids to ski using MCs, Brendellas, Supremes.....

Looks like a well kept boat. Enjoy!

CameronCarey
07-02-2009, 04:42 PM
I'm from Jacksonville FL but live in Huntsville now.......And i think i may have seen that guy......Nice Brendella.......BTW