PDA

View Full Version : X2 - Who has removed the platform to surf??

Itsme
06-29-2009, 11:00 AM
We have a sweet X2 (09) surf wake - Stock ballast in rear corner, 500lb sac in rear corner, 900lb Sumo Sac on the port side seat and either full fuel cell or full KGB

But - - the platform seems to cut into the water as it rushes off the rear corner of the boat to develop the wake. Potentially reducing size/shape of the wake???

I'm curious if there are others who have removed the platform to surf?

Pics??

Harry Reynolds
06-29-2009, 12:33 PM
We have an 07 X-2 weighted down for surfing as well. I had the same thought so the wife and I ditched the platform one day.
1. It's a pain to get in the boat from the water. Getting in the water, no problem.
2. It's pretty exhaust-y without the platform
3. It's pretty scary looking at the giant hole back there and seeing the exhaust and wake plate.
4. It really did not change the wave.

If I ever get the time I would like to fill in the bottom of the platform with foam and glass over it so it is smooth. I think the lip on the end of the platform chops the water up but really doesn't mess up the "flow" of the wave.

vision
06-29-2009, 01:27 PM
I would miss starting a stopping on the platform and never spilling my beverage if I removed the ski platform to surf.

X-5 Driver
06-29-2009, 01:55 PM
Nothing is going to stop you from getting chummed-up in the prop if things went really bad up close. I'd keep it.

jbanczak
06-29-2009, 02:17 PM
If your platform is cutting into the wake, I believe it indicates you do not have enough weight in the front of the boat. Your boat is back-heavy, and the stern drags in the water.

The best wake for wakesurfing is going to be with a boat that is weighted enough in front to the point where your platform is underwater when you are idle, but not at such a steep angle that when you are moving it is dragging.

How much weight do you run in the boat and where?

hawaiianstiln
06-29-2009, 02:24 PM
If your platform is cutting into the wake, I believe it indicates you do not have enough weight in the front of the boat. Your boat is back-heavy, and the stern drags in the water.

I would have to agree

CottagerGreg
06-29-2009, 08:28 PM
I would have to agree

Yup... or speed up the boat... we are going like 11.4 to 11.8mph in our X-star