PDA

View Full Version : summerland B.C.

canadianskier
06-29-2009, 12:22 AM
anyone on this site from B.C. or alberta. have a place in trout creak summerland?? just around the corner from my mom and dads place saw an orange x-star in the driveway and a x7 on a lift on the lake side. nice set up.

wheelerd
06-29-2009, 03:11 AM
Hey fellow Canuck! I'm from Red Deer, AB.
Sounds like a nice set up . . . but wasn't mine.:(

pram
06-29-2009, 03:08 PM
probably albertans hiding out in the Valley

Oh and I would like to thank the Albertan woman who decided she needed to pass us within 50' while throwing out a big @$$ wake in her X2 while we were floating, I appreciate the water in my boat over the bow

TX.X-30 fan
06-29-2009, 03:21 PM

Oh and I would like to thank the Albertan woman who decided she needed to pass us within 50' while throwing out a big @$$ wake in her X2 while we were floating, I appreciate the water in my boat over the bow

New boats have higher gunwales. :D

TX.X-30 fan
06-29-2009, 03:22 PM

Don't park in the middle of the lake. 8p

pram
06-29-2009, 03:35 PM

new boats don't suck????:confused:

TX.X-30 fan
06-29-2009, 03:38 PM
new boats don't suck????:confused:

Only if they have touch screens. :D

pram
06-29-2009, 03:44 PM
Don't park in the middle of the lake. 8p

:mikey:

130' off shore she was just to stupid to plane her boat out as she went passed bow up from one side of the lake to the other

pram
06-29-2009, 03:44 PM
Only if they have touch screens. :D

:tru: if you can follow

craig3972
06-29-2009, 04:10 PM
Albertans have the worst on water manners. I was at Sylvan on sat and Ghost on sun. Its not that they are doing it on purpose .. they just dont know any better.

BTW how did you like the nice cold north wind blowing all weekend?

sand2snow22
06-29-2009, 04:26 PM
:mikey:

130' off shore she was just to stupid to plane her boat out as she went passed bow up from one side of the lake to the other

Wally's aren't smart!

pram
06-29-2009, 04:47 PM
Albertans have the worst on water manners. I was at Sylvan on sat and Ghost on sun. Its not that they are doing it on purpose .. they just dont know any better.

BTW how did you like the nice cold north wind blowing all weekend?

they need to have a little consideration for others that's for sure.

Here is a small list of things FOR THE ALBERTANS

1. Do not get to the launch and start to prepare your boat for the water
2. Do not transfer the coolers and tubes and towels and bags or anything else that you feel you need to take from not only your vehicle but the 2 other cars that are coming with you on the lake for the day on the launch
3. Let your wife drive the boat so that you don't make her stand in the middle of the launch holding it
4. If you don't know how to launch or load your boat in under 2 minutes, please go to a launch on a Tues afternoon and practice a couple of hundred times
5. If you can't back up a trailer, go the mall parking lot and practice instead of looking like an a$$ and yelling at your wife because you are incompetent
6. Once on the water, no-one and I mean no-one wants to see your lame attempts at jumping the wake, when you can barely stand up on your board, 35 feet from their boat
7. Unless you can do a 360, backflip, tail grab you don't need 5000lbs of water to make a 4' wake
8. Did I mention not to pass within 50' of someone floating with your bow so high that you need to stand to see where you are going?
9. When the launch is 3 wide, don't park in the middle of it

craig3972
06-29-2009, 05:36 PM
I apologize on behalf of the Albertans (I know it can be difficult when they arrive in the summer like a locust plague). ... but i am truley a B.C. boater.Got a place on Mara.

my pet peave is: people have no idea that they are throwing a wake. i have people in my boat after a 45min set of surfing say" why is it so choppy here?" If people would look at there wake as an extension of thier boat - they may take more care in where there throw it.

pram
06-29-2009, 05:57 PM
I apologize on behalf of the Albertans (I know it can be difficult when they arrive in the summer like a locust plague). ... but i am truley a B.C. boater.Got a place on Mara.

my pet peave is: people have no idea that they are throwing a wake. i have people in my boat after a 45min set of surfing say" why is it so choppy here?" If people would look at there wake as an extension of thier boat - they may take more care in where there throw it.

ROTF :D

thanks for the laugh with the apology.

It would be nice if they were at least somewhat considerate of those around them

scott023
06-29-2009, 06:10 PM

Did she have a Alberta license plate on the boat or was it just registered in Alta? She could have moved to BC Pram, you never know.

pram
06-29-2009, 06:55 PM
Did she have a Alberta license plate on the boat or was it just registered in Alta? She could have moved to BC Pram, you never know.

it could have been the brand new boat with Alberta tags on it that gave it away, or and the red & white plate on the jacked F350 that I seen pulling it at the end of the day down the highway that clinched it :wave:

we need some new smilies around here cause I could have used this one :mikey: for this post as well

canadianskier
06-29-2009, 10:09 PM

that is Mara lake? how is that place, was thinking going there one summer can I ren a cabin there? been to little shuswap and it was awsome.

TX.X-30 fan
06-29-2009, 10:11 PM
This thread reaks of canadian. :D

pram
06-30-2009, 01:27 AM
:mikey:!!!!!!!!!

stennes
06-30-2009, 02:41 AM

You know they are called gunwales for a reason:D

Muttley
06-30-2009, 11:16 AM
that is Mara lake? how is that place, was thinking going there one summer can I ren a cabin there? been to little shuswap and it was awsome.

We used to stay there quite a bit. It's a really nice lake and you can head under the bridge and explore Shuswap if you're bored. The Moose is a great pub & restaurant and there's everything you need at Sicamous.

The problem we had was finding a place. People who go there have been going there for years and it seems it's always booked up. :(

C36
07-04-2009, 04:07 PM
I ran into a guy in Orlando who said they ran a waterski school in Kelowna and operated both a 197 and X-Star - it might be them. I think the name of the school is Synergy Training Sessions - it is listed here (http://www.wswbc.org/index.php?id=56) on the WSWBC website.

anyone on this site from B.C. or alberta. have a place in trout creak summerland?? just around the corner from my mom and dads place saw an orange x-star in the driveway and a x7 on a lift on the lake side. nice set up.

wheelerd
07-06-2009, 03:58 AM
Some of us redneck Albertans DO know what we're doing at the launch and on the lake. It's those guys from Saskatchewan. ;)

craig3972
07-06-2009, 12:08 PM

I have been going to Mara for about 30 years. beautiful clean warm (70 to 80F ) water. More people are moving into the area so getting calm daytime water is getting harder to find.
There are always some secret places to poach. Its mostly family boating with a lot of tubing going on - which is good cause it keeps the cops away. Best house boat rental fleet I have ever seen, but you can rent a condo of something if you want.

Bert
07-06-2009, 12:47 PM
Some of us redneck Albertans DO know what we're doing at the launch and on the lake. It's those guys from Saskatchewan. ;)
And a few from BC as well:mad:. I see it every day here at Mara. Doesn't matter where they are from the fact is, just because you have a nice boat doesn't mean you actually have a clue
Mostly the BU wake setter crowd that do what pram is talking about. I am a skier but enjoy watching those boarders that can really ride. I find they drive like I do, straight runs with a P turn at each end keeping the water good for all.
It's the posers churning up the water driving in circles in their ballast loaded boat with a skinny runt out back that can barely stand up and mom in the open bow reading a book that I loathe. Saw that yesterday in Turtle bay and they were from Saskatchewan:rant: At least they stay on the lake and don't come up river because they can't figure out how to turn around.:rolleyes:

craig3972
07-06-2009, 12:54 PM
And a few from BC as well:mad:. I see it every day here at Mara. Doesn't matter where they are from the fact is, just because you have a nice boat doesn't mean you actually have a clue
Mostly the BU wake setter crowd that do what pram is talking about. I am a skier but enjoy watching those boarders that can really ride. I find they drive like I do, straight runs with a P turn at each end keeping the water good for all.
It's the posers churning up the water driving in circles in their ballast loaded boat with a skinny runt out back that can barely stand up and mom in the open bow reading a book that I loathe. Saw that yesterday in Turtle bay and they were from Saskatchewan:rant: At least they stay on the lake and don't come up river because they can't figure out how to turn around.:rolleyes:

I was in turtle all weekend (white/black and red xstar) - fantastic weather! I used to ski the river for years with my outboard .. but its a little shallow for wakeboarding. sometimes i still go up there - risky for a ballasted xstar. You couldnt design a better place to slalom.

Bert
07-06-2009, 01:19 PM
I was in turtle all weekend (white/black and red xstar) - fantastic weather! I used to ski the river for years with my outboard .. but its a little shallow for wakeboarding. sometimes i still go up there - risky for a ballasted xstar. You couldnt design a better place to slalom.
I saw you over there. I am in a white/black prostar190. River is no problem for me, allways have glass for slalom:D. We have run right up to the Grindrod pub but usually stick to the first part up to the bridge. I often see a few guy's on that part of the river with MC X models. To bad it's raining today but the last 10 day's has been great.

craig3972
07-06-2009, 01:36 PM
I saw you over there. I am in a white/black prostar190. River is no problem for me, allways have glass for slalom:D. We have run right up to the Grindrod pub but usually stick to the first part up to the bridge. I often see a few guy's on that part of the river with MC X models. To bad it's raining today but the last 10 day's has been great.

I saw you as well. maybe i should have risked some river riding!

Bert
07-06-2009, 02:25 PM
I saw you as well. maybe i should have risked some river riding!
We will have to say hello next time.

Bert
07-06-2009, 02:33 PM

Canadian skier, if you do come over for a visit let me know and I can show you around.