PDA

View Full Version : TV pitchman Billy Mays dies.

TMCNo1
06-28-2009, 02:07 PM
TV pitchman Billy Mays found dead at Florida home.
By MITCH STACY, Associated Press Writer Mitch Stacy, Associated Press Writer 33 mins ago
TAMPA, Fla. Billy Mays, the burly, bearded television pitchman known for his boisterous hawking of products such as Orange Glo and OxiClean, has died. He was 50.
Tampa police said Mays was found unresponsive by his wife Sunday morning. A fire rescue crew pronounced him dead at 7:45 a.m.
There were no signs of a break-in, and investigators do not suspect foul play, said Lt. Brian Dugan of the Tampa Police Department, who wouldn't answer any more questions about how Mays' body was found because of the ongoing investigation. The coroner's office expects to have an autopsy done by Monday afternoon.

h2oskifreak
06-28-2009, 02:13 PM
All this is making me feel old @ 43

TOO-TALL
06-28-2009, 02:41 PM
Bummer...I like Billy mays

TinaSkiGirl
06-28-2009, 02:51 PM
This is a much greater loss than Michael Jackson!

Willski
06-28-2009, 03:00 PM
Weird, I just read an article about him on Thursday in American Way inflight magazine.

Wake2wake
06-28-2009, 03:26 PM
Weird, I just read an article about him on Thursday in American Way inflight magazine.

I just read that article too. It was kind of neat.

FrankSchwab
06-28-2009, 04:22 PM
I saw another report that he was on a plane the day before that shredded it's front tires on landing, and he took a blow to the head from falling luggage that he shrugged off.

It'll be interesting to see what the autopsy finds. I've had a lot of blows to the head that I've shrugged off, and nnoe fo thme haf avected me.

/frank

ProStar190Fan
06-28-2009, 05:42 PM
This is a much greater loss than Michael Jackson!

agreed.

Tom

jixxxer
06-28-2009, 06:23 PM
anyone else find it (wierd) that these celebs are dying all of the sudden???

JimN
06-28-2009, 07:15 PM
anyone else find it (wierd) that these celebs are dying all of the sudden???

It's their time to go- nothing weird about that, they're just public figures.

I would say that the head injury sounds plausible. It's never a good idea to let something like that go unchecked.

TMCNo1
06-28-2009, 07:25 PM
It's their time to go- nothing weird about that, they're just public figures.

I would say that the head injury sounds plausible. It's never a good idea to let something like that go unchecked.

Maybe instead of being checked out by a doctor, he tried to treat himself with Might Putty and Mighty Mendit? :rolleyes:

alletric
06-28-2009, 07:58 PM
I saw another report that he was on a plane the day before that shredded it's front tires on landing, and he took a blow to the head from falling luggage that he shrugged off.

It'll be interesting to see what the autopsy finds. I've had a lot of blows to the head that I've shrugged off, and nnoe fo thme haf avected me.

/frank

It's funny you say that. After the Redgrave actress fell on the bunny slope and died and now this. I have dismounted a bike doing 100+ and walked away. Fell off a 12 foot ladder on my back and was carried away. Been in two violent roll over car wrecks and made it through it. Now I have the feeling that a bird flying at too high an altitude is going to take a dump on my head and that is going to be enough to rattle that last vessel loose ant that is the way I am going to go out. Just proves when it is your time there no backing out of the deal!

Rockman
06-28-2009, 09:05 PM
Everytime those info-mercials come on, my 3 year old daughter says "That doesn't work!"

JimN
06-28-2009, 10:49 PM
Now I have the feeling that a bird flying at too high an altitude is going to take a dump on my head and that is going to be enough to rattle that last vessel loose ant that is the way I am going to go out. Just proves when it is your time there no backing out of the deal!

When it comes to falling objects/substances, it's not how big it is but how fast it's moving.

JimN
06-28-2009, 10:50 PM
Maybe instead of being checked out by a doctor, he tried to treat himself with Might Putty and Mighty Mendit? :rolleyes:

Maybe he thought he'd hang around awhile on some of his Hercules Hooks.

bigmac
06-28-2009, 11:25 PM
When it comes to falling objects/substances, it's not how big it is but how fast it's moving.

Kinetic Energy = 1/2 Mass x velocity^2.

Mass and velocity both play a role, but the velocity contributes more. An dollop of bird **** falling twice as fast will have 4x the kinetic energy.

Jesus_Freak
06-30-2009, 12:36 PM

Mass and velocity both play a role, but the velocity contributes more. An dollop of bird **** falling twice as fast will have 4x the kinetic energy.

Yes, but to be falling twice as fast, the air has to be much warmer and/or the dollop has to be a vastly different contour/shape (assuming in both cases the poop has reached its terminal velocity). :D

cmw
06-30-2009, 12:54 PM
Everytime those info-mercials come on, my 3 year old daughter says "That doesn't work!"

That's funny, mine too!

JimN
06-30-2009, 02:38 PM
Yes, but to be falling twice as fast, the air has to be much warmer and/or the dollop has to be a vastly different contour/shape (assuming in both cases the poop has reached its terminal velocity). :D

What if it freezes in the most aerodynamic shape on the way down?

Jorski
06-30-2009, 02:53 PM
His heart went KABOOOOM !!!!!!!!!

http://www.housekeepingchannel.com/objimages/Kaboom-Shower-Tub-Tile-Cleaner.jpg

captain planet
06-30-2009, 04:22 PM

I didn't think someone's untimely death could be humerous....but you two made me laugh. 8p

Jesus_Freak
07-01-2009, 12:29 PM
I didn't think someone's untimely death could be humerous....but you two made me laugh. 8p

Agreed CP; I was only following the plot related to physics.

shepherd
07-01-2009, 01:08 PM
I have dismounted a bike doing 100+ and walked away. Fell off a 12 foot ladder on my back and was carried away. Been in two violent roll over car wrecks and made it through it.

Do you still have insurance? :confused:

JimN
07-01-2009, 03:51 PM
Agreed CP; I was only following the plot related to physics.

Yeah- it's always the physics jokes that are blamed.

BriEOD
07-02-2009, 07:37 AM
My 4 year old wants to know if the "Crabby Patty" (Big City Slider Station) commercial is still going to be on TV? :D

CantRepeat
07-02-2009, 08:50 AM
I wonder if the Sham-WOW guy had anything to do with this "accident"?

bigmac
07-02-2009, 08:58 AM
I wonder if the Sham-WOW guy had anything to do with this "accident"?

Heh...Vince Schlomi (the Sham Wow! guy) has a risky enough lifestyle (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2009/0327092sham1.html) as it is.

Pics from his latest fracas. They ultimately decided not to charge him or the prostitute he was with. Looks like Sasha got the worst of the argument. Don't mess with Vince!

http://i.cdn.turner.com/trutv/thesmokinggun.com/graphics/art4/0327092sham1.jpg

http://mitchieville.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/sham_wow_mugshot.jpg

CantRepeat
07-02-2009, 09:01 AM
I see that mugshot and I keep running the words through my head, "hey camera guy, you getting this"!!

chudson
07-02-2009, 09:02 AM
They're still running Billys comercials on tv. Saw one just this morning.

TMCNo1
07-02-2009, 10:25 AM
Heh...Vince Schlomi (the Sham Wow! guy) has a risky enough lifestyle (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2009/0327092sham1.html) as it is.

Pics from his latest fracas. They ultimately decided not to charge him or the prostitute he was with. Looks like Sasha got the worst of the argument. Don't mess with Vince!

http://i.cdn.turner.com/trutv/thesmokinggun.com/graphics/art4/0327092sham1.jpg

http://mitchieville.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/sham_wow_mugshot.jpg

I think they make a lovely couple!:rolleyes: Real soul mates!

jdl xstar
07-02-2009, 01:54 PM
His heart went KABOOOOM !!!!!!!!!

http://www.housekeepingchannel.com/objimages/Kaboom-Shower-Tub-Tile-Cleaner.jpg

I can vouch for this Kaboom stuff. It is by far the best cleaner i've ever made my girlfriend use.

CantRepeat
07-02-2009, 01:54 PM
I can vouch for this Kaboom stuff. It is by far the best cleaner i've ever made my girlfriend use.

Oh that's bad!

h2oskifreak
07-02-2009, 01:55 PM
I think they make a lovely couple!:rolleyes: Real soul mates!

Gee, I wonder if they were drinking?