PDA

View Full Version : 2002 X-7 Gauges

JTNG
06-26-2009, 07:30 PM
Voltage Meter and Oil Pressure Gauges dropped to 0 and don't work. Manually checked voltage and works fine. Boat runs great. Why would bothe gauges go out at the exact same time?:confused:
Thanks
John

Chief
06-26-2009, 07:35 PM
Voltage Meter and Oil Pressure Gauges dropped to 0 and don't work. Manually checked voltage and works fine. Boat runs great. Why would bothe gauges go out at the exact same time?:confused:
Thanks
John

You probably lost the ground to those gauges. Find the grounding block and clean it real well and you may be in luck. Also check the connection at the sending unit and alt.

Good Luck

bturner2
06-27-2009, 06:41 AM
I had similar problems with my 03 X2. My gauges would be fine one minute then not working the next. My dealer told me this was a common problem on my boat and was caused by either bad grounding or noise in the circuit. They said it could be the control box under the dash or a bad gauge and that they had a device they could attach to the control box that could pin point the problem. Sold the boat before fixing this issue.

You should be able to find some posts on this site that address the gauge problem issues.