PDA

View Full Version : Morning Video Clip

coz
06-26-2009, 05:24 PM
Quick run before I had to head back home today, I'm thinking hard about getting another ski on board :D

Click here> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiVpgtEDYDw

I have a couple of old skis laying around and need to possibly get a new one. I like HO and want to stick to tradition and just looking for a carving type ski to cruise on, what's good these days? this one's an HO VIP with low wraps and slip in rear, I don't want double boots.

Thanks.

coz
06-27-2009, 08:31 AM
So I take it no one like HO anymore? :confused:

squigs
06-27-2009, 10:24 AM
I've been loving my HO System 8. I got an 08 blem from Wiley's last fall. I've got double Wiley's on it, but you can get it with a toe plate instead of the back boot. I've never come close to a course, and I probably don't ride the ski like it's supposed to be ridden (ie I'm not good), but it's a lot of fun!

coz
06-27-2009, 11:17 AM
I've never come close to a course, and I probably don't ride the ski like it's supposed to be ridden (ie I'm not good), but it's a lot of fun!

That's kinda what I'm looking for, I'm not skiing courses and just want to carve around, I also don't want a big boy ski but something a little more carving friendly as opposed to the slalom skis I have available :D

TallRedRider
06-27-2009, 02:59 PM
If you are like the size of the guy in your profile pic, I have an HO Charger with a RTP to sell. I found it to be a terrific ski. I blew a disc and got hooked on wakeboarding (seems easier for a tall guy to get up on). It is not quite a skinny ski, but isn't a fat newbie carving ski either.

Mine has different graphics, but is the same ski as this, rated up to 240 pounds.

http://www.waterskis.com/v/vspfiles/photos/HO%20Venture%20Burner%20Charger-2T.jpg

dpolen
06-27-2009, 03:37 PM
HO Triumph might be a good ski as well...its a shaped ski to make turns a little easier along with getting up on your starts. I've got one and love it.

coz
06-27-2009, 03:58 PM
If you are like the size of the guy in your profile pic,

Nope not that guy, bout 6'0 170 :D

AussieMC
06-27-2009, 07:33 PM
Coz,
The Ho Charger (69") may be too big, but the 67" Burner (same ski) would be just right, considering that your only just getting back into swerving. I just put a mate of mine on one, and he loves it. Very forgiving, and can handle whatever an intermediate skier can throw at it. Dpolen mention the triumph, I have never ridden one but by all accounts a good ski also. The system 8 is a course ski, (it's a Monza with a heavier core) designed to be ridden at 36mph, I wouldn't recomend it for someone that just social/free skis (although it is a very good ski).

Sodar
06-27-2009, 08:27 PM
You going to be getting the MC back soon?

BriEOD
06-27-2009, 08:35 PM
Had the same thought. WT)F are you skiing behind?

coz
06-28-2009, 09:17 AM
Had the same thought. WT)F are you skiing behind?

I was here for business with a little pleasure, I didn't have the MC but the toon is always there and with water like this I would have taken a pull from a jetski or row boat if that was all that's available :D

Coz,
The Ho Charger (69") may be too big, but the 67" Burner (same ski) would be just right, considering that your only just getting back into swerving. I just put a mate of mine on one, and he loves it. Very forgiving, and can handle whatever an intermediate skier can throw at it. Dpolen mention the triumph, I have never ridden one but by all accounts a good ski also. The system 8 is a course ski, (it's a Monza with a heavier core) designed to be ridden at 36mph, I wouldn't recomend it for someone that just social/free skis (although it is a very good ski).

Thanks mate, I like these and the burner looks good :headbang: