PDA

View Full Version : Offset Rudder

fentong
06-26-2009, 03:27 PM
I've never noticed this before but it appears that my rudder is a little offset to my propeller and V-drive shaft. I was wiping up excess grease from lubricating my rudder and I happened to notice that the rudder is a little offset to the rest of the propeller hardware. As you can see from the forward view (roller on the trailer) the picture was taken a little to the left but the rudder is definitely offset.

Is this normal and can it be adjusted?

2001 Maristar 230VRS

corey
06-26-2009, 03:46 PM
Thats correct, there is no adjustment. The offset allows you to pull the drive shaft out without removing the rudder.

Sodar
06-26-2009, 03:48 PM
Boat is totally messed up. Take it to the dealer and have the rudder moved to the centerline. Quality Control has totally slipped.

:D

Gonzo
06-26-2009, 04:01 PM
Boat is totally messed up. Take it to the dealer and have the rudder moved to the centerline. Quality Control has totally slipped.

about an inch to the left if the pic is right.

454Prostar190
06-26-2009, 05:27 PM

It just may be easier to install an offset prop shaft:rolleyes:

Double D
06-26-2009, 05:53 PM
You guys are bad. The poor guy is probably already calling around to get it fixed. :D

Love it!

BriEOD
06-26-2009, 05:56 PM
Ohh man!! That thing is F)ed! Ouch...big bucks there.:o

Just kidding, that is normal--not to worry.;)

TallRedRider
06-26-2009, 06:11 PM
I don't think I could have gotten my prop off either without that rudder being just a little offset. It was difficult the way it was. Reminded me of one of those puzzles with the metal pieces that look impossible to separate unless you twist them just right.

http://www.puzzlemethis.com/puzzle/images/items/TSM080959.2.jpg

TMCNo1
06-26-2009, 07:11 PM

I've heard you can take the prop off, have OJ fill the hole with molten nibral and have him machine a new shaft hole in the prop hub 1" to the left in the machine shop of the Kansas Prison he serving time in for armed robbery in Las Vegas.

While you've got it all apart, the moment feels right apply YOURS + MINE as desired, (blue) to the shaft and (purple) to strut. When the individual lubricants mix, they combine to create an exciting acceleration and steering sensation.