Are Closing In To Seal Your Doom
And Though You Fight To Stay Alive
Your Body Starts To Shiver
For No Mere Mortal Can Resist
The Evil Of The Thriller

www.tmz.com

thijs
06-25-2009, 07:04 PM
I just heard this on Sirius...... Bad few weeks for celebs. Farrah Fawcett. I believe Johnny Carson? I also hear Walter Cronkight (sp?) is very ill and will soon die.

east tx skier
06-25-2009, 07:05 PM
Oh and to quote Walter, "Eight year olds, dude."

ProTour X9
06-25-2009, 07:18 PM
I just heard this on Sirius...... Bad few weeks for celebs. Farrah Fawcett. I believe Johnny Carson? I also hear Walter Cronkight (sp?) is very ill and will soon die.

I think you mean Ed McMahon, Johnny Carson died in 2005.

thijs
06-25-2009, 07:21 PM
Thanks ProTour- just came back to correct that. I am not much of a celebrity watcher.

flipper
06-25-2009, 07:34 PM
At least the kids are safe now

D3skier
06-25-2009, 08:21 PM
I call foul play here......

bigmac
06-25-2009, 10:07 PM
I was sure it was going to be another over-hyped "Michael Jackson Medical Emergency" even after his family reported that he was in "coronary arrest" (whatever that is...). I confess that I'm shocked that he actually died.

The guy's life was nothing but one never-ending freak show, but he definitely was one of the most talented entertainers EVER.

I'm curious to know what he actually died of.

BriEOD
06-25-2009, 10:12 PM
Uh...I believe his heart stopped pumping which prohibited the circulation of oxygen to the brain.

Aren't you a Doc!! :D;) 8p

bigmac
06-25-2009, 10:16 PM
Uh...I believe his heart stopped pumping which prohibited the circulation of oxygen to the brain.

Aren't you a Doc!! :D;) 8p

Uh...cardiac arrest is how EVERYBODY dies, Bri.

What caused HIS cardiac arrest?:rolleyes:

BOATNGUYNE
06-25-2009, 10:31 PM
I thought Ed McMahon died months ago ?? That's a guy who has been circling the drain for awhile now....

As for MJ taking a dirt nap.......THANK GOD

Hoosier Bob
06-25-2009, 10:32 PM
I heard he was Wake Surfing at night but this has not been confirmed.:D Still shocking and always a J5 fan baby! Little Michael! Regardless not many have made the impact Michael has. Not in the same light but close when Mr. Clay goes, The Greatest, (another Hoosier) that will be a day....

Love him or hate him few will ever realize his fame.

Hoosier Bob
06-25-2009, 10:33 PM
I thought it was because their heart stopped?:confused:Uh...cardiac arrest is how EVERYBODY dies, Bri.

bigmac
06-25-2009, 10:51 PM
I thought it was because their heart stopped?:confused:

cardiac arrest = heart stopped

Sorry, I shouldn't have reverted to latin. I probably should have said "vapor lock".

Hoosier Bob
06-25-2009, 11:01 PM
Thanks! Remember I am one part Hill Billy!:Dcardiac arrest = heart stopped

Sorry, I shouldn't have reverted to latin. I probably should have said "vapor lock".

east tx skier
06-25-2009, 11:09 PM
First concert I ever saw was the Jacksons in 1985. About 3/4 of that was just Michael. Looking back, it was cooler than I realized or thought. Obviously, the child molestation stuff not something I'm willing to overlook and which disgusts me to no end.

But still, he was a talent at his peak and most points leading up to it.

RexDog1
06-25-2009, 11:20 PM
I hope they bury him in So. Cal.
So I can dance on his grave ..:banana:................. that is all I have to say about this..........

Oh Farrah and Ed, RIP....God speed.....:(

Hoosier Bob
06-25-2009, 11:49 PM
You can't dance!:DI hope they bury him in So. Cal.
So I can dance on his grave ..:banana:................. that is all I have to say about this..........

Oh Farrah and Ed, RIP....God speed.....:(

mallees
06-26-2009, 01:11 AM
Is it too early for the inevitable Jackson jokes, I hope not coz I have heaps already.

To commemorate Michael Jackson's death, McDonalds have released the McJackson Burger, it's a 50 year old piece of meat shoved between two 8 year old buns.

Michael Jackson left in his will that he wishes to be melted down and turned into a Sony PlayStation so kids will still play with him.

News is that this morning that michael jackson died of a heart attack. As a last dying wish his ashes will be scattered across thousands of pieces of lego so little boys can continue to play with him.

Michael jackson didnt die of a heart attack, apparently he died of food poisoning after eating a 8 year old sausage.

The doctors who have pronounced him dead arnt quite sure whether to bury him or recycle him.

Post mortem has apparently ruled out the sunshine, moonlight and the good times. Doctors are blaming it all on the Boogie

MJ on his death bed requested that he be cremated and his ashes packaged into a box of rice bubbles so he can have the feeling of going through a 10 year olds a$$ one more time.

I heard that the first heart attack didn't kill Jacko, it was the second one, when he found out the hospital he was going to, didn't have a children's ward.

Hope I didnt offend anyone,
but I reckon any kiddy fiddler is fair game!:mad:

bigmac
06-26-2009, 01:17 AM
Is it too early for the inevitable Jackson jokes, I hope not coz I have heaps already.

To commemorate Michael Jackson's death, McDonalds have released the McJackson Burger, it's a 50 year old piece of meat shoved between two 8 year old buns.

Michael Jackson left in his will that he wishes to be melted down and turned into a Sony PlayStation so kids will still play with him.

News is that this morning that michael jackson died of a heart attack. As a last dying wish his ashes will be scattered across thousands of pieces of lego so little boys can continue to play with him.

Michael jackson didnt die of a heart attack, apparently he died of food poisoning after eating a 8 year old sausage.

The doctors who have pronounced him dead arnt quite sure whether to bury him or recycle him.

Post mortem has apparently ruled out the sunshine, moonlight and the good times. Doctors are blaming it all on the Boogie

MJ on his death bed requested that he be cremated and his ashes packaged into a box of rice bubbles so he can have the feeling of going through a 10 year olds a$$ one more time.

I heard that the first heart attack didn't kill Jacko, it was the second one, when he found out the hospital he was going to, didn't have a children's ward.

I'm a little offended, but I can't disagree with your last statement.

flipper
06-26-2009, 10:55 AM

Jorski
06-26-2009, 11:25 AM
Dire Straits said it best;

See the little f*ggot with the earring and the makeup
Yeah buddy thats his own hair
That little f*ggot got his own jet airplane
That little f*ggot hes a millionaire

Sodar
06-26-2009, 11:30 AM
Such a joke.

People are surrounding UCLA Medical Center to pay their respects. Do they not understand that his body was taken by helicopter to the coroner's yesterday?

Heard from a friend going to USC Medical School that people are starting to surround the corner's office (coroner's office is on USC's Campus pretty much).

Good Riddance! The guy has been a joke of a human being for over the last 15 years. The people that we let breed! His kids will probably end up the social outcasts he was.

TMCNo1
06-26-2009, 11:57 AM
Such a joke.

People are surrounding UCLA Medical Center to pay their respects. Do they not understand that his body was taken by helicopter to the coroner's yesterday?

Heard from a friend going to USC Medical School that people are starting to surround the corner's office (coroner's office is on USC's Campus pretty much).

Probably Obama voters, they just don't get it!:rolleyes::D

captain planet
06-26-2009, 02:16 PM
Here is my favorite Michael Jackson song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orr63IHZJeA

.....which was done better by someone else. :rolleyes:

thijs
06-26-2009, 02:29 PM

I love that the version you posted ISN'T EVEN MJ!!! Ha!

I bet this is all just a cover up to spike sales of his records and to walk away from his apparent financial failure. The King of Pop will have the same conspiracy as the King or Rock and Roll did- my :twocents:

He has probably moved to Malawi had some more extensive plastic surgery and will soon be adopted by the grieving Madonna.

bigmac
06-26-2009, 02:35 PM
Looking for MJ's doctor now. Classic. Wonder if it's the same guy that was Anna Nicole's and Heath Ledger's doctor...

Hrkdrivr
06-26-2009, 09:12 PM

.....which was done better by someone else. :rolleyes:

Alien Ant Farm...YES!! This is a really cool version of the song...sounds good in my boat too!!:cool:

BriEOD
06-26-2009, 10:05 PM
Looking for MJ's doctor now. Classic. Wonder if it's the same guy that was Anna Nicole's and Heath Ledger's doctor...

You think he is a witch doctor?:D

thijs
06-28-2009, 10:28 PM
What a week! Now Billy Mays (the annoying Oxy-clean guy) is dead...... :woohoo:

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/090628/entertainment/us_obit_billy_mays

D3skier
06-28-2009, 11:54 PM
just posted about 45 min ago...
this is starting to look like the Anna Nicole death more and more each day.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31599327/ns/entertainment-music

canadianskier
06-29-2009, 12:35 AM

oh your going to hell, I laughed my *** off, thats was funny.

kjohnson
06-29-2009, 08:40 AM
Anybody know what MJ and Kmart had in common?

They both had little boys pants half off.

kjohnson
06-29-2009, 08:42 AM
Apparently Boy George was admitted to a London hospital over the weekend. When the emergency room physician raised BG's skirt, he was shocked to find Michael Jackson's other white glove.

PA Prostar
06-29-2009, 10:09 AM
Didn't Michael Jackson and Elton John sing that duet "Don't let your son go down on me?"

Oh wait, I just remembered that was George Michael.

trickskier
06-29-2009, 09:11 PM
I can't say what I'm thinking without being Censored.....................8p

FHMan1905
06-29-2009, 09:17 PM
One less oxygen thief and pedophyle (sp.?)....

trickskier
06-29-2009, 09:43 PM
One less oxygen thief and pedophyle (sp.?)....

Close.............Pedophile...........8p

FHMan1905
06-30-2009, 08:50 PM
Close.............Pedophile...........8p

Thanks that is what I had first...but changed...figured some weirdo who came up with the word had some weird spelling....haha

Hrkdrivr
06-30-2009, 09:11 PM
I feel bad for his kids, but good riddance otherwise...

TOO-TALL
06-30-2009, 10:43 PM
How do you know its bed time at Micheal Jackson's house??....The big hand goes on the little hand!!!

thijs
07-01-2009, 03:01 AM
Not for people who may be offended by foul language:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVACUjHn6yU#

trickskier
07-01-2009, 08:25 AM
How do you know its bed time at Micheal Jackson's house??....The big hand goes on the little hand!!!

Good one Too-Tall :D

bigmac
07-01-2009, 08:34 AM
Diprivan (http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/07/01/jackson.wrap/index.html) isn't a "sedative", it's a general anesthetic - it doesn't cause sleep, it causes unconsciousness. It's useful for minor operations when the combination of Fentanyl and Versed aren't enough to provide adequate sedation. It causes so much respiratory depression that I call an anesthetist when that drug is necessary - I'm not even credentialed to use it.

What a freak show. That guy had really gone around the bend. If you have enough money, you can stay out of the looney bin and be completely crazy at your own home...in fact you have to, because your paid entourage certainly isn't going to tell you that the emperor has no clothes.

trickskier
07-01-2009, 08:38 AM
What a freak show. That guy had really gone around the bend. If you have enough money, you can stay out of the looney bin and be completely crazy at your own home...in fact you have to, because your paid entourage certainly isn't going to tell you that the emperor has no clothes.

Very True!!! LMAO!!!

Ryan
07-01-2009, 09:07 AM
Overall I like the 80's MJ and am glad to hear a lot of his music again as a reminder that he was a good performer for a while. HOWEVER, timing could not have been worse as the coverage at UCLA med center took all the press I expected for my brand events at the LA film festival just down the street. :cool:

bigmac
07-01-2009, 09:18 AM
Overall I like the 80's MJ and am glad to hear a lot of his music again as a reminder that he was a good performer for a while.

He had a big talent, no question. But just like Elvis Presely, that talent became increasingly buried by strange behavior to the point where it became totally irrelevant by comparison. NOBODY has enough talent to overshadow the weirdness that surrounded Michael Jackson over the last several years.

Hoosier Bob
07-01-2009, 10:31 AM
MSNBC Commentator, "We are watching something that will never be repeated again, Michael Jackson will only die once!"

John Stewart, The Daily Show

No ****! Unless this is forshadowing a future event? I am done telling MJ Jokes, at least for three or four days!:D

shepherd
07-01-2009, 11:08 AM
7:00 a.m. - This is how my breakfast TV viewing went

Good Morning America, first story: Michael Jackson :cool:
Today Show: Michael Jackson :rolleyes:
The Morning Show: Michael Jackson
CNN Headline News: Michael Jackson :mad:

SportsCenter: Orioles beat Red Sox in amazing comeback from a 9 point deficit! :headbang:

From now on, I'm just going straight to SportsCenter

jdl xstar
07-01-2009, 11:12 AM
CNN needs to take the MJ coverage down a few notches. I know he is a multi generational icon... blah, blah... but there are other news events going on and I'd rather hear about them than random interviews from MJ fans holding vigil outside the Apollo!

Ryan
07-01-2009, 11:35 AM
He had a big talent, no question. But just like Elvis Presely, that talent became increasingly buried by strange behavior to the point where it became totally irrelevant by comparison. NOBODY has enough talent to overshadow the weirdness that surrounded Michael Jackson over the last several years.

Agreed. I rarely listened to his music in the last 10 years. His newer persona was so completely creepy and wierd. I wish I could completely separate the Pepsi version, but I fall suspect to the notion that he was always 'that wierd'.

Maristar210
07-01-2009, 11:56 AM
Diprivan (http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/07/01/jackson.wrap/index.html) isn't a "sedative", it's a general anesthetic - it doesn't cause sleep, it causes unconsciousness. It's useful for minor operations when the combination of Fentanyl and Versed aren't enough to provide adequate sedation. It causes so much respiratory depression that I call an anesthetist when that drug is necessary - I'm not even credentialed to use it.

H

Didn't he suffer from some sort of anxiety disorder and could not sleep at night?

Hey MJ, you don't need dipsh!tvan you just need to have some exercise, a slice of pizza and a few beers like I do and you'll sleep like a baby !!!

MJ with your cash you could buy a new liver and kidneys !!! This guy had it all wrong, you don't need and dipsh!tvan, just BEER :toast:

Maristar210
07-01-2009, 11:57 AM
Tito????

Get in the van Tito !!!

Hoosier Bob
07-01-2009, 11:59 AM
That is a prescription I can live with! Thanks Doc! Beats the crap BM was prescribing!;)H

Didn't he suffer from some sort of anxiety disorder and could not sleep at night?

Hey MJ, you don't need dipsh!tvan you just need to have some exercise, a slice of pizza and a few beers like I do and you'll sleep like a baby !!!

MJ with your cash you could buy a new liver and kidneys !!! This guy had it all wrong, you don't need and dipsh!tvan, just BEER :toast:

bigmac
07-03-2009, 10:37 AM
Farrah Fawcett's dying wish..."Please god, keep all the children safe..."

So god took Michael Jackson.....

/

ski_king
07-03-2009, 10:42 AM
Headline News!

Michael Jackson is still dead.

André
07-03-2009, 10:45 AM
Headline News!

Michael Jackson is still dead.

Aftermarket parts are already falling off...:)

TX.X-30 fan
07-03-2009, 12:02 PM
MJ was killed to provide cover for the Cap and Trade bill. Hey hunny where did I put the foil?

123src
07-03-2009, 12:12 PM

Bigmac, is it the "milky med" propofol???:purplaugh:purplaugh:purplaugh:

bigmac
07-03-2009, 12:29 PM
Bigmac, is it the "milky med" propofol???:purplaugh:purplaugh:purplaugh:

Yes, "Milk of Anesthesia". Great stuff. It's revolutionized outpatient surgery. I don't administer it myself because it's too dangerous to give such an anesthetic AND do the surgery too. Obviously, self-adminstration is an even MORE terrible idea.

It's true that propofol does give a sense of restfulness after administration, but it's so short-acting that it needs to be given via continuous IV drip - the patient wakes up within minutes of turning off the drip. It would be illegal for nurse to administer it, let alone obtain it.

123src
07-03-2009, 01:00 PM
Yes, "Milk of Anesthesia". Great stuff. It's revolutionized outpatient surgery. I don't administer it myself because it's too dangerous to give such an anesthetic AND do the surgery too. Obviously, self-adminstration is an even MORE terrible idea.

It's true that propofol does give a sense of restfulness after administration, but it's so short-acting that it needs to be given via continuous IV drip - the patient wakes up within minutes of turning off the drip. It would be illegal for nurse to administer it, let alone obtain it.

RN laws differ from state to state. In Wa, Rn's push propofol in ED and ICU c MD present. Great stuff. Good for putting shoulders and hips back in IIRC:D

bigmac
07-03-2009, 01:26 PM
I was thinking in terms of MJ's nurse friend giving it in his home.

Yes, with MD orders and supervision, RN's can give propofol (of course RN's can't give ANY medications without orders). CRNA's in this state are an exception - they don't need orders or supervision in a hospital setting.

TX.X-30 fan
07-03-2009, 01:31 PM

Very true and it reminds me of Howard Hughes in a way. Remembered for being a bizzare old man and not for the arms length list of innovations and achievements.

thijs
07-06-2009, 01:21 AM
Yes, with MD orders and supervision, RN's can give propofol (of course RN's can't give ANY medications without orders). CRNA's in this state are an exception - they don't need orders or supervision in a hospital setting.
You might find it interesting that this medication is in my scope of practice as an advanced care paramedic. I do hospital transfers time to time with intubated patients with propofol running. It is actually also within my scope (as long as our local medical director approves it as standing protocols) for procedural sedation for reductions etc...... but 99/100 times we will use Versed/Fentanyl as you described earlier.

Certainly is not a safe sleep-aide.

bigmac
07-06-2009, 09:48 AM
Yes, EMT-P's in most states in the US can give any medication under standing orders as long as the Medical Director is willing to accept responsibility for the protocol. As you noted, a propofol drip is used on occasion for intubated patients on long transfers when more extreme sedation is needed. Since respiratory depression is the main problem with propofol, it's far less of a problem if the patient is already intubated and being ventilated.

The decision as to whether or not to establish such a protocol using propofol is usually made by the Medical Director of the ambulance service. I was Medical Director of our ALS ambulance service for many years. We pushed the envelope pretty hard on advanced protocols like that because we have a large and rural PSA and therefore long transport times and frequent intercepts for surrounding BLS ambulance services. We instituted propofol drips mainly for transfers because it's two hours to our nearest tertiary center. I remember propofol drips as being one that was difficult to get approved by the Medical Staff, but we got it through. The Paramedics all got trained in the OR by the CRNA's and have to get periodic ongoing training. Propofol is a great drug and extremely safe if used properly by people that know what they're doing.

Bert
07-06-2009, 03:13 PM
Uh...cardiac arrest is how EVERYBODY dies, Bri.

Maybe that little sicko finally got his up and commings from behind!

thijs
07-06-2009, 07:45 PM
Yes, EMT-P's in most states in the US can give any medication under standing orders as long as the Medical Director is willing to accept responsibility for the protocol. As you noted, a propofol drip is used on occasion for intubated patients on long transfers when more extreme sedation is needed. Since respiratory depression is the main problem with propofol, it's far less of a problem if the patient is already intubated and being ventilated.

The decision as to whether or not to establish such a protocol using propofol is usually made by the Medical Director of the ambulance service. I was Medical Director of our ALS ambulance service for many years. We pushed the envelope pretty hard on advanced protocols like that because we have a large and rural PSA and therefore long transport times and frequent intercepts for surrounding BLS ambulance services. We instituted propofol drips mainly for transfers because it's two hours to our nearest tertiary center. I remember propofol drips as being one that was difficult to get approved by the Medical Staff, but we got it through. The Paramedics all got trained in the OR by the CRNA's and have to get periodic ongoing training. Propofol is a great drug and extremely safe if used properly by people that know what they're doing.

Pretty much identical to our system here in Alberta. We have a huge number of ALS paramedics in our province compared to the others in Canada. For example there are more ALS providers on shift in the city of Calgary as I write this than the entire payroll in the province of British Columbia. I don't know a lot about the USA's services other than the level of care care can also vary greatly depending on region/need.

I love working here. I work for the municipal transfer service and also for an "Indian Reservation" about 45 minutes from any hospital. We have amazing scope of practice and loose protocols on 'res' as we are so far out and essetially everytime we transport to hospital we take the only ambulance coverage off the res for at least 2 hours. We suture and release, carry IV ABx (limited use to open bone fractures), tetanus boosters etc. We basically have a single protocol that allows us to do "What is in the patients best interest" limited mostly by equipment and medications we stock as approved by our MD. Some services in our province although ALS are very limited to see-do protocols.

It makes me happy to know you seem to be an EMS friendly Medical Director. We need guidance and training constantly as we are paid to be a "Jack of all trades" type problem solver. I guess kind of a millwright of the body.

(Sorry to everyone about the thread-jack.)

mlay
07-08-2009, 11:44 PM
Michael Jackson hasn’t been this stiff since Macully Culkin spent the night at Neverland Ranch.

* Because Jackson’s body was 95% plastic, he will be melted down and turned into legos, this way kids can play with him for a change.
* Reports that Michael Jackson has died of a heart attack in his home are untrue… He actually died having a stroke in the children’s ward.
* In accordance with Michael Jackson’s will, little boys’ pants shall be flown at half-mast today.
* Doctors are looking into claims that MJ’s death could have been caused by an allergic reaction from eating 12 year old nuts.
* I heard Michael Jackson died of food poisoning from eating a 5 year old wiener.
* Micheal jackson will always be with us… he is not biodegradable.
* Farrah Fawcett arrived at the Pearly Gates and God asked her what he could do for her having led such an honest life. Farrah asked God to simply make sure the children of the world were safe. Five minutes later, Michael Jackson died.Oh the wrath of GOD ...!
* It has been released that MJs last wish was that he wants to be melted down and made into a slide so kids can go down on him forever.
* In memory of MJ’s death, McDonald’s is coming out with the new “McJackson”. It’s 50 year old meat between 12 year old buns.
* Michael Jackson’s ashes are going to be put in an Etch A Sketch so kids can still twiddle his knob.
* Michael Jackson’s death has now been ruled a suicide. Apparently doctors told him that the only way he could get whiter is if he died.
* Only in America can someone be born a poor black kid, and die a rich white woman.
* Breaking News: Casper the friendly ghost was molested in the early hours of the morning that M.J. died..!!
* Michael Jackson’s last words: “Take me to the Children’s Hospital!”
* What was Michael Jacksons last hit ? The floor!
* Michael Jackson died of a heart attack. He really shouldn’t have looked in the mirror.

But in Real Actuality , WHO REALLY GIVES A CRAP...???