PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions for service

Bluegoat
06-24-2009, 05:44 PM
Need help.

My Prostar 205 is broken, won't start. Been at dealer for almost a month. All they will tell me is they haven't gotten to it and they will not give me a schedule as to when they might work on it.

I live in Dallas Ft. Worth area, can anyone recommend a good place to get service?

TIA, sure would like to go to lake for the 4th...

JimN
06-24-2009, 06:47 PM
Did it crank? If it did, the only things needed are: the correct fuel/air mixture (pour a little gas into the carb to see it if it fires), compression and spark (at the right time and of sufficient intensity). If you have or can borrow a timing light, have a small container for gas and some small tools, you can narrow it down quite a bit. If you have no spark (even at the coil wire), it's a good bet that you need points/cap/rotor/plugs/wires or ignition module.

How long since the plugs, wires, cap and rotor were changed? If it's been more than three years, start there. If it sat idle for a long time, the gas is bad and needs to be flushed, carb cleaned and filter changed.

Basically, you should be able to get it running if you have any mechanical ability and some tools.

justinglow
06-24-2009, 07:07 PM
Need help.

My Prostar 205 is broken, won't start. Been at dealer for almost a month. All they will tell me is they haven't gotten to it and they will not give me a schedule as to when they might work on it.

I live in Dallas Ft. Worth area, can anyone recommend a good place to get service?

TIA, sure would like to go to lake for the 4th...

PM me what dealer your boat is at. I know of a couple good ones in Dallas.

H20BOY
06-26-2009, 11:52 PM
There is a guy at Shoreline Mini Storage in Benbrook that is pretty good. I can't remember his name for the life of me though.