06-24-2009, 01:19 PM
I have an '03 X-10 with almost new ( < 15 hours) fuel pump. When idling or running, the 3 wire connector that plugs into the top of the fuel pump gets extremely hot, to the point it has melted some of the insulation around the connector pins. The wires are very hot to the touch at the connector, but seem normal about 4" away. The tank is 7/8 full, and the top of the fuel pump itself does not feel warm. Any idea why the wires would get so hot? I would think if it was a bad ground or faulty wiring, the wires would be hot the entire length or at the grounding end. Anyone had this experience?