PDA

View Full Version : wakeboard towers

2whlin
06-24-2009, 01:10 PM
Is there a thread discussing the best tower?
I am looking to purchase my first boat, a used boat and some don't have towers. I have browsed some sites and one manufacturer is claiming to have the best tower that you can even tube behind, states that most towers will come loose becuase they were not designed for the abuse in the real world. Is it true that you can't tube behind a tower??
Can anyone shed some light and point me to a good tower that will withstand the abuse and pull anyone and anything behind the boat?

Thanks

jixxxer
06-24-2009, 01:14 PM
they just had one going on. If u got the cash, check out new dimensions towers. Whats boat is this going on?

captain planet
06-24-2009, 01:17 PM
It depends on the boat you are buying. If you were looking at an MC, I would go with a New Dimensions tower because they follow the lines of the boat and look the best.....again also depending on the year of the boat. If the boat is much older, you may want to consider even putting a tower on it at all. I'm sure others will chime in one way or the other on this, but who thought about the stress a tower puts on a deck 10 or 15 years ago.

Also, by buddy pulls tubes with the tower on his 2007 X-2, but that tower is pretty strong.

TMCNo1
06-24-2009, 01:20 PM
Don't tell World Champ Toober Tom he can't pull a toob from a tower,

2whlin
06-24-2009, 01:21 PM
Looking at a 1997 Maristar 225 VRS

Abe
06-24-2009, 01:24 PM
I am looking to purchase my first boat, a used boat and some don't have towers. I have browsed some sites and one manufacturer is claiming to have the best tower that you can even tube behind, states that most towers will come loose becuase they were not designed for the abuse in the real world. Is it true that you can't tube behind a tower??
Can anyone shed some light and point me to a good tower that will withstand the abuse and pull anyone and anything behind the boat?

Thanks

There is a lot of information and Pics on This Site about Towers, Check through and You will see plenty. Depends too on which Boat Your buying.
I would never pull a tube on the Tower, Especially with Kids. Ive seen Adults do it on our lake Though, Plus I would think it would put some serious strain on the Tower which cant be good for it.

russlars
06-24-2009, 03:33 PM
I've seen lots of people pull tubes from their towers but when I inquired about this I was told by the MC dealer that it is not recommended unless you are pulling a small child on small tube due to the stresses put on the tower/boat. By the way, mine is a MasterCraft zero flex tower and is very stout.

Double D
06-24-2009, 03:55 PM
Here is the other thread discussing towers for a PS190.
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=30731

Thanks

Kingsley X-1
06-25-2009, 12:56 AM
man everyone including myself pulls tubes from the tower with MCs...as long as it isnt four single tubes or a double and a two singles going super tubing it should be okay. if the tube starts to sink on take off STOP and tell everyone to lean back! all you have to do is be mindful that the tube is attached to a huge fulcrum. if the boat has a factory tower i think that you should be okay IMO. i am no expert though.

TallRedRider
06-25-2009, 01:46 AM
I have never, ever, seen a tower manufacturer openly recommend pulling tubers from the tower. The tower might be strong enough...but what is the tower connected to?

Out of curiosity, who did you see advertising this?

2whlin
06-25-2009, 09:08 AM
The website is, Wake-Board-Towers.com. Not real clear who the company is, The Footer's Edge Wake Board Towers??