PDA

View Full Version : Custom Mods Thread

conway400
06-24-2009, 11:53 AM
I think it would be great to have a single thread with all the cool ideas and craftsmanship that have gone into custom mods. Don't post long dissertations on a single mod - that would be a how-to thread of its own (or it already exists). Just a brief description and more importantly - pictures.

I can think of a few - custom speaker location installations, LCD screen in glove box lid, LCDs elsewhere, GPS or marine radio installs, fold down platform, etc...

We would love to see some things we have missed and see just how talented some of you are.

skeeler
06-24-2009, 12:49 PM
Something like this??

SkiDog
06-24-2009, 03:16 PM
Something like this??

Man, those look great! However, I don't think they would last too long in the area of the country I live in!

hawaiianstiln
06-24-2009, 04:33 PM
I would love to see someone that fiberglassed a cooler in ther X series boat. I'm thinking of doing that myself.

funk
06-24-2009, 06:26 PM
I think it would be great to have a single thread with all the cool ideas and craftsmanship that have gone into custom mods. Don't post long dissertations on a single mod - that would be a how-to thread of its own (or it already exists). Just a brief description and more importantly - pictures.

I can think of a few - custom speaker location installations, LCD screen in glove box lid, LCDs elsewhere, GPS or marine radio installs, fold down platform, etc...

We would love to see some things we have missed and see just how talented some of you are.

I think the classic TT'er response would be "why would you ever mess with perfection?"

CantRepeat
06-24-2009, 06:36 PM
I think the classic TT'er response would be "why would you ever mess with perfection?"

Because as MC owners, we are forward thinkers and come up with new and better ideas all the time.

hawaiianstiln
06-25-2009, 04:54 PM
Bump bump, I was really hoping to see some mods here. Nobody?? I'm sure someone has stereo mods or additional switches, extra ballast, etc.....???

jdl xstar
06-25-2009, 05:08 PM
From Wetsounds website:

hawaiianstiln
06-25-2009, 05:17 PM
NICE!! I can't imagine how loud that is.

Did you have a hard time finding a machined adapter to mount those two bottom outside speakers to the MFG locations of that tower?

I was going to buy wetsounds, but didn't want to spend that much money. I'm looking at mounting some to the tower (not in the MFG locations) and was trying to find someone that had an adapter so that I could mount them there if I wanted.

jdl xstar
06-25-2009, 05:25 PM
NICE!! I can't imagine how loud that is.

Did you have a hard time finding a machined adapter to mount those two bottom outside speakers to the MFG locations of that tower?

I was going to buy wetsounds, but didn't want to spend that much money. I'm looking at mounting some to the tower (not in the MFG locations) and was trying to find someone that had an adapter so that I could mount them there if I wanted.

Not mine! I just grabbed those photos from the wetsounds website:
http://www.wetsounds.com/pages/gallery/installations/mastercraft/mastercraft.html

It must be insanely loud.

Wake2wake
06-25-2009, 08:31 PM
seems like the rope might be kind of limited when cutting out with the location of those upper speakers. but it would be one hell of stereo!

lav
06-25-2009, 08:53 PM
Couple I did this spring before the home remodel , garage build started.