05-25-2005, 04:29 PM
Takes some $$

It was an 02 Dodge 2500 w/ Auto

Parts on it:

Blue Chip FMS Box (mine had a custom fueling curve) +190 rwhp
Stage 5 Custom Injectors +175 rwhp
Twin Turbos + 150-200 rwhp
Water/Methanol injection +80 rwhp

That's the actual HP modifications I took to get where I was at. Mine was an Auto, you need an extremely built Auto to hold this kind of power.

Other components on the truck

- 5" exhaust
- Custom fuel system (needs LOTS of fuel pressure to make this all happen)
- AFE Air filter

Email me, we can talk about it anytime you want

Jdrandol@hotmail.com

LakePirate
05-25-2005, 04:31 PM
Damn Son that is a lot of horsepower

6ballsisall
05-25-2005, 04:58 PM
Damn Son that is a lot of horsepower

It was fun, the torque was better. I could max out the torque numbers on most dyno's (1500 ft lbs.) in about 2 seconds from the start of a run! The danger was if you didn't have huge straps and have them ridiculously tight it would break loose on the wheel and smoke the crap out of the tires. That truck was an ANIMAL!

6ballsisall
05-25-2005, 05:02 PM
With a few bucks and some knowledge the Cummins 5.9 will crank 1000 rwhp no problem. I know guys encroaching on the 2000 hp range with a seriously modded 5.9 liter Cummins. Wont get that out of a Powerpoke or a maxipad!! :D

LakePirate
05-25-2005, 05:37 PM
How do you keep axles on the thing?
Or tires for that matter

Granite_33
05-25-2005, 05:40 PM
You gonna put that engine in your new boat??? :headbang: :eek3:

6ballsisall
05-25-2005, 09:02 PM
How do you keep axles on the thing?
Or tires for that matter

Well if I drove it hard at that HP level day in and day out I am sure things would bust. Truth is it was a daily driver for 65-70k miles and driven at 500+rwhp with no problems (drove with the box off almost all the time)

The Dana axles on that truck were rock solid and could take alot of abuse. Even the transer case was a beast! Ever seen a 4x4 truck light up all 4 tires @ 30 mph and leave white billowing tire smoke for a block? :D When I got rid of the truck it still had the original Michelin LTX's on them and had I kept the truck I would have put another summer on them before re-treading. It's all in the maintenence. That truck was a great toy and a real Corvette slayer but when you its your daily driver and you like to tinker with it, it's a pain in the butt having to make sure it's all put back together each night so you can drive to work in the AM. Hence the reason for the Durango

Cloaked
05-25-2005, 09:54 PM
With a few bucks and some knowledge the Cummins 5.9 will crank 1000 rwhp no problem. I know guys encroaching on the 2000 hp range with a seriously modded 5.9 liter Cummins. Wont get that out of a Powerpoke or a maxipad!! :DI call BS.. Show me the dyno specs.... No offense but I know diesels and someone is blowing you smoke J. Ran..... And you obviously don't know anything about the Strokes or the Maxs.. :D :D

No argument here. Just post a pic of YOUR dyno specs. Done deal my friend... :steer:

And I'd like to know what tranny yEr using to transfer this HP / Torque.... Ain't happin'. :D

Help me out here with more than advertisement and hype PLEASE???

Mag_Red
05-25-2005, 09:57 PM
Ever take it to the track and get some real #s???? Curious what it did in the quarter mile. I ran low 12's with minor mods on street tires :wavey:

6ballsisall
05-25-2005, 10:45 PM
I call BS.. Show me the dyno specs.... No offense but I know diesels and someone is blowing you smoke J. Ran..... And you obviously don't know anything about the Strokes or the Maxs.. :D :D

No argument here. Just post a pic of YOUR dyno specs. Done deal my friend... :steer:

And I'd like to know what tranny yEr using to transfer this HP / Torque.... Ain't happin'. :D

Help me out here with more than advertisement and hype PLEASE???

Sporty, your going to eat crow! I'll find the dyno charts this weekend. Here's the question, how many of them do you want to see? You need to visit www.turbodieselregister.com or www.scheidsdiesel.com Note the big HP rigs are NEVER Powerjokes or Maxipads.

The transmission was an ATS Stage 5. You break one of them and you are the man! Go do your research, my truck was mild compared to todays standards. But hey, you asked for it, go cook up some crow to eat!

:D

6ballsisall
05-25-2005, 10:52 PM
Ever take it to the track and get some real #s???? Curious what it did in the quarter mile. I ran low 12's with minor mods on street tires :wavey:

Not to many times, it did go to bandimere (in Denver) once. I had no clue what I was doing or how to drive it (make it hook up) It was recommended to me to launch in 4 x 4 and pull the case into 2 wheel drive after the launch. I did it and yielded a 11.87 1/2 mile. (yeah, I suck!) I didnt run it again, my one complaint with that truck was the steering always felt squirelly and I really didn't feel like dying! I know a guy in Denver who has a truck setup almost exactly like mine was except his was 2wd and a slightly different fueling box. He ran alot at Bandimere and last I talked to him after getting it setup to hook up he is now running mid 10's. BTW, he tows a 10k lbs 5th wheel on vacation with that truck :D
Having a ride like that was a blast toying with stangs and camaros' and others of the sort. They always were a little shocked when they got anhiliated by a 7,200 lbs "farm truck" :D

Mag_Red
05-25-2005, 11:00 PM
I did it and yielded a 11.87 1/2 mile. (yeah, I suck!) Did you mean 1/4 or 1/8 mile?? Cause that would be flying if it were a half mile :worthy:

6ballsisall
05-25-2005, 11:08 PM
Did you mean 1/4 or 1/8 mile?? Cause that would be flying if it were a half mile :worthy:
1/4... I'll see if I can find the slip, I had a little folder with all the cool "memorbilia" from the truck. I never really got into drag racing mainly because I didn't feel safe going really fast in that truck ( too tall and crappy steering) On the TDR, there is a guy named Scott Bentz (he's also some big shot with Cummins) who made a funny car with a Cummins in it. (Must be rough working and being sponsored by Cummins :D )He hopes to get it down in the low 6's. I don't keep up on the TDR stuff anymore but last I read over a year ago he had it running in the high 7's. BTW Sporty, that dragster runs the same transmission I had in mine......

JEREMY79
05-25-2005, 11:25 PM
pics dude pics

east tx skier
05-26-2005, 10:37 AM
I hear the toolman has some good crow recipes. :popcorn:

Ric
05-26-2005, 10:50 AM
I may as well be the one to say this.......

But it's still a DODGE!

6ballsisall
06-01-2005, 09:10 PM
Cool the site's back up! :friday:

Well Sporty I hope you like crow. Here's the last dyno run my truck ever made. Note the torque readings are low, 6 guys sitting in the bed, 2 on the tail gate and the tech still couldn't keep the tires gripping. (If you still call BS, give me your #, I'll have all 8 guys call you and confirm for you) I vividly remember the run, the new turbos were just broke in and drive pressures adjusted, I made 83 lbs of boost the 1st run, 84 the next.
We are finishing the basement the next couple weeks and then I will have time/desire to go thru boxes in the basement, I'd be more than glad to get you more dyno runs for your "sceptisism"
By todays standards my truck was not much more than your average Joe. You'll find hundreds of 5.9l Cummins above 650hp but you could count the # of Powerjokes and Maxipads on 2 hands over that power range. I've only met 1 Duramax and 1 Powerstroke that made good power (above 700hp) and I give them credit for it!
1000HP is VERY common today among sled pulling trucks (note only Cummins powered trucks) in fact, here's 2 links for you. Listen to the turbo's (yes plural) spool. I have watched this truck run, it goes to every major sled pull across the US and smokes them all (literally :D ) Hop on the TDR, you wont find one member (they have like 30k members) that won't attest to the 1000+hp of that truck. BTW, it makes 210-230 lbs of boost!!!

http://www.diesel-central.com/Video/Movies/cynthiana-Ky-open/cynthokentcrowder.wmv

http://www.diesel-central.com/Video/Movies/cynthiana-Ky-open/cynthoterrymartin.wmv

Lastly, here's the links to 2 very well know Auto Transmission shops that build Hi Po transmissions for Diesel power. They both have their following of people, their both good and either CAN and DOES make transmissions that hold together this kind of power.

6ballsisall
06-01-2005, 09:14 PM
Transmission shop links got cut off

www.atsdiesel.com

www.dieseltrans.com

bradamerry
06-02-2005, 08:37 AM
I may as well be the one to say this.......

But it's still a DODGE!
And I was trying to stay out of this one!!! :purplaugh

BriEOD
06-02-2005, 10:36 AM
Very humbly put Jeff;way to take the high road.

JEREMY79
06-02-2005, 10:45 AM
Jeff, you have any more of those videos

6ballsisall
06-02-2005, 01:52 PM
I do Jeremy, let me see what I can put together for you.