PDA

View Full Version : Warm Restart question

wakesport
05-25-2005, 05:11 PM
I was out in my '94 PS190 last night. After skiing a set we sat around with the engine off for 10 or 15 minutes. When I went to ski again the boat would start but imediatly die. We put it in neutral and started the engine and reved it up a bit. Then everything was fine. This happened a couple of times last season. Any ideas as to the problem?

T Scott
05-25-2005, 05:14 PM
My Ford Expedition did that for a while and it ended up being the idle air control valve. Had identical symtoms. Not sure if it is the root cause, but somewhere to start.
There a ton of guys on here much more technical than I am so I am sure you will have a ton of ideas before sunset!

Good Luck

chico
06-01-2005, 10:13 PM
check your battery.make sure you have 11.5 volts to ground while cranking.how old is the bat?

BarefootWt
06-02-2005, 11:40 AM
I experienced the same problem last year with my 2004 ProStar 190 - MCX. What I stumbled across was that the kill switch was simply loose - the motor actually stalled a couple of times and would not start just idling back to the skier. When I would wiggle the kill switch it would start right back up again. I reached in behind to hold the plastic nut on the back side, tightened it up, and have been good ever since.