PDA

View Full Version : Tower Speaker help needed!

gobigorgohome
06-22-2009, 11:53 AM
So I have a big after market system in my xstar and am having some trouble with the tower speakers. I have 2 subs 2 tweeters and 2 speakers on the tower. The subs work fine as well as the others in the boat but the 2 speakers wont work at all. The other speakers throughout the boat are running fine and I cant seem to figure out what would cause just 2 speakers not to work. Any stereo wiring experts out there!? I'm not sure if they have disconnected wires or if it could be a fuse. Help!

Scottiepipn33
06-22-2009, 01:11 PM
Are the tweaters being powered by the same amp? If so, the amp may be set up to filter out all the high pitch sounds..

TallRedRider
06-22-2009, 01:54 PM
We need to know a little more about the system to probably help you.

Do you have them all on the same amp?

What speakers are on there? I am sure they are not really subs...maybe midrange drivers?

Take a look at the place under the front tower foot where the wires come out, are there 4 wires or just 2 coming out? That will give us somewhere to start.

I am betting an amp setting is the culprit, has anyone touched the amps since it last worked...or has it never worked since you got the boat?

gobigorgohome
06-22-2009, 04:18 PM
i have 2 amps running the whole system. one for the subs and the other for all of the speakers. the tower has 2 8inch subs and then the speakers and tweeters. it hasnt worked since i pulled it out of storage for the summer. i was thinking something on the amp could be causing it but im not sure what would cause just 2 speakers to quit working. ill have to check to see how many wires are coming out.