PDA

View Full Version : 77' Ski Nautique

thwack
06-19-2009, 10:07 AM
I was wondering if anyone knew what a 77' Ski Nautique is worth. I have a friend looking to by his first boat and he's found one that seems to be in excellent condition. I've tried to sway him towards a MC, but he really likes the old Ski Nautique.

Excellent condition, 300 hours, new interior????

Muttley
06-19-2009, 10:17 AM
Those old boats aren't worth a lot. You could probably get a decent one for under $5000. I hear they're good wakeboard boats.

The MCs of that vintage are a lot sleeker and better slalom boats IMO.

ProTour X9
06-19-2009, 10:23 AM
It wouldn't happen to be a Mustang would it?

thwack
06-19-2009, 10:31 AM
Here's a picture of the boat. The local Nautique dealer told me that it was worth around $7k, but that seems high. He can buy the boat for $5500.

http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/picture.php?albumid=48&pictureid=297

h2oskifreak
06-19-2009, 10:57 AM
7K is too high. 5K or less would work for most imho. $5500 if he really wants it isn't to far off. Maybe if it is dealer owned and he is willing to go the $5500 he could get a few little extras thown in (jackets, ropes, etc.)

flipper
06-19-2009, 11:10 AM
A 77 foot Nautique?:D

I'd say $5,000-$6,000

thwack
06-19-2009, 11:14 AM
Thanks guys. That's kind of the range I was thinking. I told him if he really wanted it, then it's probably worth $5500, but that I'd try to talk the seller down to $5k.

cbryan70
06-19-2009, 11:16 AM
well if thats worth 5500 then whats a 78 MC worth to ya

thwack
06-19-2009, 11:44 AM
well if thats worth 5500 then whats a 78 MC worth to ya

Not much to me because I can't afford anything else. I just sold my 79 S&S for $7500 and think that I could have gotten a little more, but I'm a little impatient. It was near mint, 800 hrs, with a new wakeboard tower.

woftam
06-19-2009, 11:54 AM
Here's a picture of the boat. The local Nautique dealer told me that it was worth around $7k, but that seems high. He can buy the boat for $5500.

http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/picture.php?albumid=48&pictureid=297

My eyes are not as good as they used to be, but my first impression of the pic is that the boat might be a Ski Tique, rather than a Ski Nautique.

Ski Tique is 16' and change, has (1) tracking fin, equipped with (1) speedo, and spotters seat that was designed to seat (1) and could be made to face forward or backward. Motor was typically a 302.

Ski Nautique of that vintage was longer than the Ski Tique, has (3) tracking fins, dual speedos, and a spotter's seat for (2). Motor was typically a 351.

On second look, it's probably a Nautique. The Tique has a stubby nose and made for some interesting moments for the spotter wrt water, if the driver was not careful in his/her approach when retreiving a skier.

Either way, 7k is a lot for a Nautique of that vintage. (I'd say too much)

WilliM1940
06-19-2009, 12:28 PM
Direct him to www.correctcraftfan.com for decent pricing and condition judgement. Beware the rotten stringer in those boats. Price seems high, and if it had bad stringers he would be getting scr*&ed.

Slinkyredfoot
06-19-2009, 12:38 PM
For what its worth there is a 77 Nautique for sale on our lake for $3500, not in as good as shape as this one seems to be though.

snork
06-19-2009, 12:55 PM
Couple hundred k for a 77' nautique ;)

BrianM
06-19-2009, 02:45 PM
Ask over here http://www.planetnautique.com/index.php

Those guy can give you a much better idea than a bunch of MC Kool Aid drinkers.:rolleyes:

Cloaked
06-19-2009, 06:13 PM
Not much to me because I can't afford anything else. I just sold my 79 S&S for $7500 and think that I could have gotten a little more, but I'm a little impatient. It was near mint, 800 hrs, with a new wakeboard tower.LMAO....

NEXT! :D:D

mbeach
06-19-2009, 06:34 PM
the thing i would shy away from is the natiques had a carburated engine in 77 i think. efi is far superior and mastercraft introduced in 93 i think. anyway, if anyone knows for sure, please correct me. efi is well worth a few xtra $$ unless you want to spend many hours tuning the dog.

ski_king
06-19-2009, 07:30 PM
I spent a lot of time skiing behind late 70's Nautiques, Tiques, Mustang 17's and even a Southwind 18.
To me, something dosnt look quite right on that boat. Yes, the graphics have been updated and look nice, but the forward facing observer seat (unless I am seeing it wrong) was not a feature of the Nautiques in that era.

As others have said, run it by the guys that drink the CC Kool Aid and see what they say. Oh, yea, and watch out for rotten floors and stringers.

pram
06-19-2009, 07:38 PM
the thing i would shy away from is the natiques had a carburated engine in 77 i think. efi is far superior and mastercraft introduced in 93 i think. anyway, if anyone knows for sure, please correct me. efi is well worth a few xtra $$ unless you want to spend many hours tuning the dog.

no bias here :rolleyes:

you really think that it might have had a carb on it in 77???? I never would have guessed that

go sit in the corner for a bit while your posting privileges are revoked

mbeach
06-19-2009, 10:56 PM
no bias here :rolleyes:

you really think that it might have had a carb on it in 77???? I never would have guessed that

go sit in the corner for a bit while your posting privileges are revoked
so pram, you just a smart a$$ or just trying to pi$$ me off. anyway, why don't you just jump in and render an opinion as to the the original poster's question rather than taking the course you did. get a life!

bkhallpass
06-19-2009, 11:43 PM
As someone above said, correctcraftfan.com is the best place to check out value on older CC boats. In my opinion, 7K is high for that boat. 77s can go for that or more, but only if they are in excellent original condition. That boat has been significantly modified, including the paint/graphics and the passenger seat. It does appear to be a Ski Nautique, but appears a Mustang seat has been put int he boat. Rear scoops appear removed, cleats added to bow. I'm sure there are others. Stringers and floors are defiinitely the biggest issues to look out for. BKH

bkhallpass
06-19-2009, 11:53 PM
Upon further review, the bow cleats are probably original. Still, appears to be several modifications. BKH

thwack
06-19-2009, 11:59 PM
LMAO....

NEXT! :D:D

What's so funny about that?

Rockman
06-20-2009, 12:09 AM
Is that a "ram-air" scoop on the nose!? :confused:

Hoosier Bob
06-20-2009, 12:58 PM
Yes sir it is just like my 1993 Mastercraft! Yours is on the top of your 200!:DIs that a "ram-air" scoop on the nose!? :confused:

Hoosier Bob
06-20-2009, 01:03 PM
Finding fuel injection for that price range would be a nice deal. If the only problem is the carb you have no problem. I have a carb on my 93 and works perfectly as always. Sure fuelie is nice but at what cost? Ever repair fuel injection vs. a carb? I agree with everyone here except trying to spend an additional $5,000 for fuel injection. You will however get a much better boat of you can crap an extra 5-6 g's for a 93 LT1. Something is funny. My 74SN seat could be spun and faced forward. so pram, you just a smart a$$ or just trying to pi$$ me off. anyway, why don't you just jump in and render an opinion as to the the original poster's question rather than taking the course you did. get a life!

mbeach
06-20-2009, 01:57 PM
Finding fuel injection for that price range would be a nice deal. If the only problem is the carb you have no problem. I have a carb on my 93 and works perfectly as always. Sure fuelie is nice but at what cost? Ever repair fuel injection vs. a carb? I agree with everyone here except trying to spend an additional $5,000 for fuel injection. You will however get a much better boat of you can crap an extra 5-6 g's for a 93 LT1. Something is funny. My 74SN seat could be spun and faced forward.
you are right hoosier in that $5.5K for a efi would indeed be a real sweetheart deal and repairs on a efi vs. carbed engine are considerably more expensive and harder to diagnose. glad your 93 has given you no problems. it's just that some buds up here in my area spend considerable time keeping a tune on their carbed engines. if $5.5K is the upper limit then carbed vs efi is a moot point unless a really good deal is found but who knows.

Hoosier Bob
06-20-2009, 02:04 PM
Carbs require more care but can be your friend! Don't leave untreated gas in them and service them regularly. They can perform extremely well if kept in tune for conditions. EFI does this for you. 94' was the year EFI really hit MC I believe and that would cost you. The 93 had the LT1 I believe as the only fuelie option. The next year the Chevy 275 was available. I could be wrong as it has been known to happen on occasion? Being sober I do not have my state of condition memory working for me!you are right hoosier in that $5.5K for a efi would indeed be a real sweetheart deal and repairs on a efi vs. carbed engine are considerably more expensive and harder to diagnose. glad your 93 has given you no problems. it's just that some buds up here in my area spend considerable time keeping a tune on their carbed engines. if $5.5K is the upper limit then carbed vs efi is a moot point unless a really good deal is found but who knows.

bigmac
06-20-2009, 02:12 PM

I suspect the cheapest EFI MasterCraft is going to cost twice what the guy has to spend.

I'd stick with the Ski Nautique, if it is indeed a Ski Nautique.

Hoosier Bob
06-20-2009, 02:17 PM
Yes sir 5-6k more IMO. Carb baby! Synthetic Oil for sure!;)I suspect the cheapest EFI MasterCraft is going to cost twice what the guy has to spend.

I'd stick with the Ski Nautique, if it is indeed a Ski Nautique.

pram
06-21-2009, 01:09 AM

so pram, you just a smart a$$ or just trying to pi$$ me off. anyway, why don't you just jump in and render an opinion as to the the original poster's question rather than taking the course you did. get a life!

Look you idiot
Your response to his question was so stupid that I had to intervene. No $hit that it is a carbed motor in a 77. Like Hoosier said MC didn't go EFI till 93 and only some of those boats got the LT1 it wasn't until 94 that they went EFI on the Chevy's and some of the Fords (I could be wrong about the Fords though)

This guy wasn't asking if it was carbed and to tell him that he shouldn't buy a 1977 Nautique because it isn't EFI is moronic to say the least. Didn't you think that the guy knew that it was carbed?

How about you comment on the price based on 300 hours, new interior and excellent condition like he asked instead of opening your pie hole and dissing a 77 because it doesn't have EFI on it.

I don't know how my boat runs with the carb on it, can I call you for a tow the next time that it doesn't want to run on the lake :rolleyes:

TMCNo1
06-21-2009, 08:32 AM
Look you idiot
Your response to his question was so stupid that I had to intervene. No $hit that it is a carbed motor in a 77. Like Hoosier said MC didn't go EFI till 93 and only some of those boats got the LT1 it wasn't until 94 that they went EFI on the Chevy's and some of the Fords (I could be wrong about the Fords though)

This guy wasn't asking if it was carbed and to tell him that he shouldn't buy a 1977 Nautique because it isn't EFI is moronic to say the least. Didn't you think that the guy knew that it was carbed?

How about you comment on the price based on 300 hours, new interior and excellent condition like he asked instead of opening your pie hole and dissing a 77 because it doesn't have EFI on it.

I don't know how my boat runs with the carb on it, can I call you for a tow the next time that it doesn't want to run on the lake :rolleyes:

Dam Pram, you paid shipping on that statement, very well said!:D

nascar
06-21-2009, 10:06 AM
There is a nice looking 81 CC that was listed on the Charlotte , NC , Craigslist Saturday for $5500 . Do not know if there is a lot of difference between a 77 and 81 .

TMCNo1
06-21-2009, 10:37 AM
There is a nice looking 81 CC that was listed on the Charlotte , NC , Craigslist Saturday for $5500 . Do not know if there is a lot of difference between a 77 and 81 .

Apparently if it isn't Fuel Injected, it's not worth anything or worth having!:rolleyes::D

Kind like if it isn't a '08 or later, your suppose to keep quiet here on Team Talk!

JohnE
06-21-2009, 11:13 AM
Apparently if it isn't Fuel Injected, it's not worth anything or worth having!:rolleyes::D

Kind like if it isn't a '08 or later, your suppose to keep quiet here on Team Talk!

Yeah, but next month even the 08 owners need to keep quiet.

Hoosier Bob
06-21-2009, 11:53 AM
Same basic boat 1971-1981. 17'9" but nicer windshield and stern IMO. 1982 I believe was the first 2001 Edition. Great sounding and running boats. I enjoyed mine 20 some years ago. Watch the stringers!!!!There is a nice looking 81 CC that was listed on the Charlotte , NC , Craigslist Saturday for $5500 . Do not know if there is a lot of difference between a 77 and 81 .